Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Harlow (formerly 101 N. Broadway)

1. Default Re: 101 N. Broadway

Classen Tower (same developer) has a pool (and jacuzzi)…in the basement. And a clubhouse, amenities deck, grills and cabanas, basketball court, tennis court, putting green, on the top floor of a converted parking garage. The Edge (new build) dealt with it in a similar fashion. The Centennial condominiums in Bricktown has a pool on the roof. FNC (next door to this building) has a rooftop dog park on the 14th floor and a rooftop swimming pool on the opposite 14th floor tower wing.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

And even if there’s not a way, plenty of urban housing here and elsewhere and high rises the world over have amenities edits based on space, and guess what? People still pay lots of money to live there. I think it is a TOTAL nonissue.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 101 N. Broadway

Agree with Chad. I was the first occupant of my unit at The Classen and remember when they were digging out the basement for the pool. And the Regency pool is on top of the parking deck. So at no point was I like, where are they going to put a pool?

This building has sold to Dick Tanenbaum for $6 million.

My understanding is that it will be converted to housing; probably apartments but maybe condos.

4. Default Re: 101 N. Broadway

Would love to see some condos there.

Blog Entries

No objection, I'm sure he'll eventually flip it but he does good renovations

6. Default Re: 101 N. Broadway

Only $6 million? That seems like quite a bargain.

That’d be a cool spot for a nightclub.

8. Default Re: 101 N. Broadway

Regarding the upthread comments about building amenities, I hadn’t even considered the annex on this building, which you can see to the right of the historical structure. Were I the developer I’d consider this side for amenities, perhaps even developing the entire annex tower as condo and the balance apartments (besides the banking hall, which would probably be best served as a bar/restaurant open to the public).

The true advantage this place has is walkable proximity to not only FNC but also everything to which FNC is also proximate (hospitality/hotel, restaurants, parks, entertainment).

A two story bar would be cool. A jazz club would be awesome as well.

A Bistro with patio seating.

Blog Entries

Historic downtown OKC bank to be converted into apartments and retail
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ts/7534094001/

Funny how this was under contract for a couple of months and closed on 5/13, yet the Oklahoman only reports 3 days after our social media post.

I'm sure that's yet another in hundreds of similar coincidences.

^^^ Total coincidence I'm sure.

Default Re: The Harlow

Nice !!!

Default Re: The Harlow (formerly 101 N. Broadway)

For those without an Oklahoman subscription, here are the basics:

Dick Tanenbaum is buying 100 Park Avenue as well as 101 Broadway and converting both to apartments. Tanenbaum has already done similar projects at The Montgomery, Park Harvey and Lincoln Plaza. All have been very successful. (I've known about the 100 Park acquisition for a while but as far as I know, he hasn't closed on the sale quite yet. We had already reported his purchase and plans for 101 Broadway).

He plans to open up the Underground connection between 100 Park and FNC which also connects to the Main Street garage where tenants for both buildings will park.

He wants to convert the ground-level space at Park & Broadway in 101 Park to a restaurant (very high-profile corner).

There are still active office tenants in 100 Park and Tanenbaum usually moves very slowly (remember Lincoln Plaza?) so it could take some time for this project to get going.

101 Broadway is completely vacant so I suspect work will start there first.

More downtown housing is nearly always a win for the city, I love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    More downtown housing is nearly always a win for the city, I love to see it.
    Agreed. The CBD is so dead after 6pm. FNC has really livened it up, though. I would love to see something similar to the two buildings near the cOKC ring turned into residential. The corner of Dean McGee and Broadway.

These two buildings:

IN the DOk article, it mentioned rents starting at $860 with an average rent of $1,050. If true, those will rent immediately and stay rented. There may be fist fights to get a lease there! Maybe they are the size of shoe boxes, lol, I don't know. But, I hope the ultimate rents are in that range because that is incredibly affordable for downtown living.

They told me they plan to start work March of 2023 and be open Spring 2024.

The first three images are of 101 Broadway.

Now that I look at where these are on the map this practically feels like First National Center phase II.

Tanenbaum needs to buy Dowell Center and convert that to residential as well.

It's never going to fly as office space because the floorplates are all chopped up (it used to be two separate buildings).

But it's right in the center of the CBD and just sitting there empty as it has since Dowel bought it 20 flipping years ago.

For anyone else who was slightly confused, photo #8 (the café) is a building in Quebec. I was momentarily blown away by the architecture, thinking it was an OKC hidden gem.

On the topic of the Dowell Center, that would be a great conversion. In a perfect world, someone would restore the façade and rebuild the original parapets

The Harlow is an interesting name for this project. It is really incredible to see nearly an entire block of the CBD turning into residential units, it will be really nice to have both of these buildings fully occupied again

Thread Information