Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kickingbird Golf Course

Default Re: Kickingbird Golf Course

Thanks Pete....

Blog Entries

I believe there is a tournament on the 30th and opens for open play on 7-1. There is some info on website about making tee times during the opening period. You can make tee times beginning 6-24 at 8 AM online and via phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Last I heard was 6/30.
    kick off scramble is that day (it sold out in less then an hour)

Following a $20 million upgrade, Kickingbird Golf Club will open a renovated golf course and an entirely new clubhouse including a knockout all-day restaurant and bar called The Lookout.

The clubhouse and restaurant sit up on a hill at Danforth and Bryant in Edmond, providing commanding views of the course and sight lines all the way to downtown Oklahoma City.

The Lookout will be operated by Hungry Town Concepts proprietor of The Mule (Plaza District and Downtown Edmond) and The Press. The restaurant and bar is meant to serve the entire community in a gorgeous space with stunning views and three huge outdoor patios.

The Lookout will be open 7 AM to 9 PM daily and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A connected but separate bar called The Turn is located between the 1st and 10th tees providing a stopover before, during, and after a round of golf.

Hungry Town will also operate the spacious event center with a capacity of 144.

The course renovation started in July 2021 and included work on the irrigation system and the greens. A new driving range offers automated service via Flite Golf which provides information on distance, height, and other data via video screens.

After a grand opening and tournament on June 30th, the clubhouse, restaurant, and course are open to the public on July 1st.

Blog Entries

Dang Pete - I wish I could have carried your camera for this shoot! Really really cool.

Everything is beautiful in person. First class all the way.

I have friends out that way and I can see many evenings spent at the Lookout. The Mule guys do a great job and it's such a nice setting and view.

Blog Entries

I’ll be on early Saturday trying to get a tee time for the following weekend!

I know this won’t happen but it’d be nice to see some further improvements regarding fencing and adjacent infrastructure.

For one the chain length fence should replaced with stone or wrought iron.

This intersection should either be signalized or a roundabout: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2Vu1nvpoWrPbDYYH8?g_st=ic

This one should a RIRO, right turn in right turn only: https://maps.google.com/?q=35.667278...071704&g_st=ic

Here they should add a pedestrian HAWK signal: https://maps.app.goo.gl/kTUph7Zkw1uELn2v9?g_st=ic

Then Bryant needs sidewalks on the east side of the street from Kickingbird RD to Danforth.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I know this won’t happen but it’d be nice to see some further improvements regarding fencing and adjacent infrastructure.

This intersection should either be signalized or a roundabout: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2Vu1nvpoWrPbDYYH8?g_st=ic

This one should a RIRO, right turn in right turn only: https://maps.google.com/?q=35.667278...071704&g_st=ic

Here they should add a pedestrian HAWK signal: https://maps.app.goo.gl/kTUph7Zkw1uELn2v9?g_st=ic

Then Bryant needs sidewalks on the east side of the street from Kickingbird RD to Danforth.
    an iron fence would be a massive cost and a waste of money ..

and no thanks on the other items other than the sidewalk .. that is needed .

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    an iron fence would be a massive cost and a waste of money ..

and no thanks on the other items other than the sidewalk .. that is needed .
    Are you familiar with this stretch of road? There are pretty bad accidents here often. I can understand some being opposed to a roundabout as those don’t seem to be too popular in Oklahoma and I also understand cost issues with Iron fencing.

But why would you be against RIRO at Eagle Dr? It’s a right on top of a blind hill where a lady was decapitated after being rear ended. There’s tons of other entrances where left turns can be made instead of this one. And the HAWK pedestrian crossing? It would save time having to walk to Bryant and wait on a signal to walk across if you live in the neighborhoods to the north. Not sure why you’d be against those.

Regarding the fencing, chain length fence looks tacky. They invested all this money into then clubhouse they should redo the fencing as well.

Are you familiar with this stretch of road? There are pretty bad accidents here often. I can understand some being opposed to a roundabout as those don’t seem to be too popular in Oklahoma and I also understand cost issues with Iron fencing.

But why would you be against RIRO at Eagle Dr? It’s a right on top of a blind hill where a lady was decapitated after being rear ended. There’s tons of other entrances where left turns can be made instead of this one. And the HAWK pedestrian crossing? It would save time having to walk to Bryant and wait on a signal to walk across if you live in the neighborhoods to the north. Not sure why you’d be against those.

Regarding the fencing, chain length fence looks tacky. They invested all this money into then clubhouse they should redo the fencing as well.
    Agree with replacing the chain length fence. It does look cheap and from an aesthetic point of view, if your going to do a multi million dollar renovation, do not do it half a***d!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Agree with replacing the chain length fence. It does look cheap and from an aesthetic point of view, if your going to do a multi million dollar renovation, do not do it half a***d!
    Or, you can put the taxpayer money in the things that are most important.

This project was anything but half-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Or, you can put the taxpayer money in the things that are most important.

This project was anything but half-assed.
    The renovation was done well. however, it is the little things that add to it! Aesthetics play an important role as well. Just stating my opinion.

Lol yeah I live within a mile.

Lol yeah I live within a mile.
    My family built the neighborhood across the street. Have several relatives that live there and that’s where I stay when I’m in town. So again I ask why would you be opposed to things that would make the area better and promote healthier lifestyles? I know when I go there I’m going to walk. It’d be nice to have proper accommodations in doing so. The current sidewalks along Danforth are a complete afterthought as well with problems.

That has been the one thing commented on around the (city) office. It is like having a nice portrait then placing it within the border of a ratty frame. From that west side, it just ruins the "curb appeal".

the north side fence at oak tree national is chain link .. .

the north side fence at oak tree national is chain link .. .
    Yeah but it faces Logan County…

I kid I kid. As that continues to develop I wouldn’t be surprised if that changed.

Blog Entries

Looking for a pimple on Miss America?

I spoke with a staff member yesterday and he mentioned there being a five year plan that included pickle ball upgrades and a new fence. They didn’t have it in the budget for this go round. This gave me hope but we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Looking for a pimple on Miss America?
    One of the most prominent features of the entire property which is what literally defines it can be compared to a pimple on a supermodel. Right…

I swear you can’t criticize a fly on OKCTalk without a group of naysayers either saying how you’re just being negative and complaining about things that don’t matter or how it’s unrealistic and/or costs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by crownheights View Post
    I spoke with a staff member yesterday and he mentioned there being a five year plan that included pickle ball upgrades and a new fence. They didn’t have it in the budget for this go round. This gave me hope but we’ll see.
    Hopefully that happens. I know a new fence wouldn’t be cheap and I’m not even upset too much they didn’t include it with this project. I know it was already an expensive project. I’d just like to see it done at some point. It would make a huge difference.

Hopefully that happens. I know a new fence wouldn’t be cheap and I’m not even upset too much they didn’t include it with this project. I know it was already an expensive project. I’d just like to see it done at some point. It would make a huge difference.
    did they upgrade the danforth side to an iron fence?

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I haven’t been back since December so I’m not sure. It’d be nice if they did. They need to add a sidewalk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    No, just the entrance area. Danforth is still chain link and I’m pretty bad disrepair in some spots.

Thread Information