Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Eleven Rebranding

Default Re: 7 Eleven Rebranding

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I was actually discussing this with several people yesterday after learning this. Not one person knew this, and I'm talking business people that have been in the OKC area for 35 years. It's pretty interesting and almost wonder if OKC 7-11's should differentiate themselves from national 7-11.
    I'm really wondering about this as well. What a great time to either fish or cut bait. Of course, they get a lot of free advertising when the "real" 7-Eleven does any marketing. And if as many people don't know these 7-Eleven's aren't the "real deal" as your post seems to indicate, maybe there's no real incentive for them to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Looking at the pics that were posted, they already do.
    True, but at the same time when I'm in Texas and see this other 7-11 I've thought they were just older stores. Wife and several others thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I'm really wondering about this as well. What a great time to either fish or cut bait. Of course, they get a lot of free advertising when the "real" 7-Eleven does any marketing. And if as many people don't know these 7-Eleven's aren't the "real deal" as your post seems to indicate, maybe there's no real incentive for them to change.
    That's a good point. But at the same time there isn't a whole lot of marketing anyways. My though is maybe they could talk about being locally owned and operated more, although that part seems to be known. Just most think that the ones here are the same ones in Texas or California.

Even going back to the Slurpee not being sold here, the story I heard for years is that we had the Icy Drink here first because the owner didn't like the Slurpee name. Kind of dumb now that I think about it, but really I had no reason to think otherwise, because a lot of gas stations are franchises. I've also heard that the 7-11's here are usually better pay and overall better to work for than the nationwide ones. If that's true, I'd focus on that to differentiate between the national stores. Almost sell it more as a family business.

7 Eleven Rebranding

-----

Call it what it is : 24 - 7

It's all news to me, too. My 7-11, in Edmond, is on Coltrane south of 2nd. It's small, with just one entry. I just go for the ATM; otherwise, it's always "would you like a donut with that?" Yesterday when I bought a bottle of water (I prefer the lids on their brand), the clerk actually asked if I wanted a banana! Grrr. I know they're doing a job but I hate that.

I actually like 7-Eleven in OKC. I lived in Tyler, TX for a while and the manager of the Exxon station there worked for a 7-Eleven in Dallas. She was shocked when I told her that the OKC stores offered no surcharge ATMs, free air machines, and paid employees $11 an hour. I never saw these things at the stores in Denton or Wichita Falls.

Boscorama,
    That might be one of the least known 7-11s in the metro area. I stop there for the atm but have bought some things, beer mainly.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    It's all news to me, too. My 7-11, in Edmond, is on Coltrane south of 2nd. It's small, with just one entry. I just go for the ATM; otherwise, it's always "would you like a donut with that?" Yesterday when I bought a bottle of water (I prefer the lids on their brand), the clerk actually asked if I wanted a banana! Grrr. I know they're doing a job but I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    The only stores that appear dirty are the all older stores
    Not to mention all the independently owned, stand-alone stores like the Super Marts (and various other names) dotting the Oklahoma County landscape. I would really like to see the Oklahoma Department of Health post an Inspection Rating (A-F) on the front door of convenience stores. Next time you are in one of these stores, take a look at the floor under the racks in the Cooler Reach In...then make an appointment with your Primary Care Doctor.

We Are What We Do

Thread Information