Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marco's Pizza

Default Re: Marco's Pizza

It was earlier last week when I ordered online, maybe Thursday. But the online process worked flawlessly and even let me add a tip for the driver which I like. There is a charge for delivery. The delivery area is by zip code in a pulldown. It was supposed to be 25 minutes but the driver made it to my door nearly 5 minutes early. Pizza was great. I also ordered the thin crust and thought it was just right. Had a salad, too, which was also pretty good.

All in all I liked the pizza better than Mazzios and the service I enjoyed was spectacular.

Here are a few tips with Marco's pizza. They often have coupons so check them out online. You can add a crust topper seasoning for free, choices are on the site. If you enjoy a pizza hut pan pizza with a thick crust (not to be confused with chicago deep dish) say you'd like the thick crust, usually no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF View Post
    Here are a few tips with Marco's pizza. They often have coupons so check them out online. You can add a crust topper seasoning for free, choices are on the site. If you enjoy a pizza hut pan pizza with a thick crust (not to be confused with chicago deep dish) say you'd like the thick crust, usually no extra charge.
    I wanted to follow up and add more info so I quoted myself...

When you go on the Marcos site and click on the "hot deals" tab it offers the "Large Pepperoni Magnifico" for $9.99 (one example of the deals). This destroys the chains pizza's in taste; if you like a thicker crust, log in online, get the "hot deal" coupon code and ask for a thick crust. The exact crust season toppings options are:
    Garlic Butter, Roma, Parmesan Cheese and Ranch.
    I'm a foodie and this IS the BEST pizza you can get delivered IMO if you live in the delivery area (current of of May '11), especially if you prefer a bready thick seasoned crust.

If you want a top quality pizza, try the Tapwerks in Bricktown...I'm a foodie and they've beaten out a couple of dozen pizza joints I've tried...Mainly due to having top quality cheese you don't get at other "quality" restaurants...

I've been a fan of Papa Johns for about 10 years but Marcos has far superior pizza. The only issue I have had with them is that when I ordered a thin-crust pizza they cut it into little squares which leaves all but the outside edge pieces with no rim of crust to hold onto to. The second time I ordered from them I spoke to them in person and they were happy to do a regular pizza cut. They said they were a franchise and company policy was to do the square cut on thin-crust pizzas so you have to request the regular cut. The last time I looked I don't think there was an option for this on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by old okie
    did you go to the one on s. penn or the one in edmond?
    we went to the one on south penn.

gave the place a second try this past tuesday night. there were no problems getting the pizza on-time. we had an extra large supreme and an order of wings, which came to $29 after tax. the toppings and crust were good but for me the cheese was off. it just didn't have the taste and texture of real mozzarella... at least to me. the wings were a bit soggy and didn't have enough sauce. they weren't the best wings i've ever had but certainly not the worst. all in all, i felt it was a bit pricey for what you get. for a chain pizza, i'll stick with papa johns. -M

We were hesitant to try it because of their pricing. Once we found some of their coupon deals, we've chosen to order from time to time. And I agree with the others, the quality and taste of the pizza is far superior to any other "chain" around. There's one within a few blocks of where we live in N OKC/Edmond, so we often call in and pick it up. Can make at least three meals out of it, so in a way, it's really a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    we went to the one on south penn.

gave the place a second try this past tuesday night. there were no problems getting the pizza on-time. we had an extra large supreme and an order of wings, which came to $29 after tax. the toppings and crust were good but for me the cheese was off. it just didn't have the taste and texture of real mozzarella... at least to me. the wings were a bit soggy and didn't have enough sauce. they weren't the best wings i've ever had but certainly not the worst. all in all, i felt it was a bit pricey for what you get. for a chain pizza, i'll stick with papa johns. -M
    All the chains including both Papa Johns and Marcos use a different ratio of inferior quality cheeses of mozzarella and provolone. This is because mozzarella doesn't pack a lot of flavor. I say cheap because if you want the good stuff you need fresh a high quality whole milk mozzarella, the kind that's in a ball sitting in a brine, the kind that doesn't separate into oil when you heat it. I understand you ordered the most expensive pizza they offer, but when I go to Papa johns website, an XL supreme with wings and tax comes out to $27, not a huge difference. We all have our favorites

Quote Originally Posted by usaf
    all the chains including both papa johns and marcos use a different ratio of inferior quality cheeses of mozzarella and provolone.
    i realize that... it's just that what i got at marco's seemed way off in texture compared to what i typically get from a chain. i guess what i'm trying to say is that it had a taste and texture less like 'cheese' and more like 'cheese topping', if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by usaf
    we all have our favorites
    absolutely. i didn't mean to come across as if anybody who prefers marco's is 'wrong'; i was just stating my impressions after having tasted marco's for myself.

however, as an update to what happened to us a week ago friday: marco's scored big customer service points by mailing us a handwritten apology and a gift certificate for a free pizza for not being able to fulfill our order. i was very impressed with that.

-M

Marco's is by far our favorite pizza for delivery. You can order online and choose when you want your pizza delivered. We use coupons and typically order almost every Friday night.

Where do you find the coupon deals?

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Where do you find the coupon deals?
    http://marcos.com/stores/menu?view=menu&store=5015 You may have to enter you're zip code first, then click menu...

Default Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

There is a banner up at the old 7Eleven location stating that it will be a Marco's Pizza. I looked them up and noticed that they have a few locations around town already. How do they stack up vs. other pizza places?

Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Quote Originally Posted by OUAriakas View Post
    There is a banner up at the old 7Eleven location stating that it will be a Marco's Pizza. I looked them up and noticed that they have a few locations around town already. How do they stack up vs. other pizza places?
    I was in Norman yesterday moving my niece into her dorm, we tried Marco's for lunch and wasn't impressed at all. When in town again, Ill stick to Hideaway or Shuttle

I tried it yesterday.... It was good.... Nothing memorable though. Reminded of hide away the most, but not quite as rich. Hide away is too rich in my opinion. Their boxes are nice.

The one in NW Edmond is excellent. By far my favorite chain pizza place (it would even compete with Hideaway for me). Obviously, from the other posters, it may not stack up for all locations. I'd say give them a try and judge for yourself.

We've ordered from the one in Norman a couple of times. Probably wouldn't have given it a go but a friend's son took a position with them so figured hey, why not.

Not bad at all. Not my fav, but it's better than I was expecting it to be.

Only slightly above average in my opinion. Seemed a little skimpy with the ingredients, but not bad. I wouldn't turn one down, but I wouldn't make a special effort to go there - esp in light of their prices, which seem a bit high to me.

Love Hideaway, but its just too far to drive (which is OK, because pizza is kinda off my list for a while as I'm trying to drop a few lbs lol). You either head for the north side of town or Norman, no S. OKC location, which IMHO is a missed opportunity. SW 104th and May would be a great spot for a Hideaway...

I go to the one in Edmond. Easy to order online. You can custom the pizza. Double anything. How much sauce. What crust. I really like it. Its always hot with the cheese melted.

20. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Banchetto's has the best pizza in Moore and life's to short to eat cheap/bad pizza.

The one in SW OKC is... well, OK. I know a couple people who really like it. We tried it a couple times and it was nothing memorable and rather inconsistent as far as the size, thickness of crust, etc. That being said, it was when they first opened, so maybe we'll give it another go.

22. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

I went to the one in Norman and...eh, it was okay but if I'm gonna spend $30 on pizza, I'd rather go to Pizza Shuttle or Hideaway or something. Marco's was pretty pricey and didn't have a lot of unique options. But that's just my opinion. Food is highly subjective.

Spotted a sign for a NY style pizza joint going in next to the Moore urgent care on 19th across the street from Braum's but can never spot the name

24. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Sandro's

is that the same sandro's as the one on main in norman? -M

Thread Information