Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smashburger

1. Default Re: Smashburger coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    5 Guys is excellent. I still think they are overpriced but the fries are excellent and you can get what you want on the burger. And I like their peanuts.
    Well, none of them in this concept are priced like McDonalds but the food is far better. You just get a better value with 5 Guys. Never have been impressed with Smashburger

Default Re: Smashburger coming to OKC

Are any of these Smashburgers open yet? I ask because we are in desperate need of more burger joints in this city.

We actually need more chronic complainers in Oklahoma City. If we only had a place where they could all congregate and fight to the death.

That we be cool....

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    We actually need more chronic complainers in Oklahoma City. If we only had a place where they could all congregate and fight to the death.

That we be cool....
    No doubt. I hate the complainers.

We need an In-And-Out burger. A double double animal style sounds great for dinner tonight.

Were not getting an In and Out burger folks, they've already stated publically they have no intentions of expanding outside CA and AZ.

Really?

I know for a fact, In and out is in Nevada, and I have heard they are opening in Utah and after that Texas.

In & Out is in Vegas, so... Yeah. They are moving outside of just Arizona and Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Really?

I know for a fact, In and out is in Nevada, and I have heard they are opening in Utah and after that Texas.
    I have heard about some people here inquiring about the Texas rumors and they have been told that it is not happening. They plan on staying in the west because of quality/distribution concerns. Nevada is pretty much between California and Arizona so distribution isn't an issue there.

That's what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    After having eaten there while living in Denver, my opinion is that Smashburger is good, but overpriced for what you get. If 5 Guys Burgers and Fries comes, a similar concept, you get a bigger burger and some of the best skin-on fries you will ever have.
    Ate at 5 Guys Burgers at the Dallas Galleria last week, very good quality and they serve great fries. Even though price is slightly higher, it did not bother me as it's about quality and perception. 5 Guy burgers are great!!

Default Smashburger?

Anyone have any idea if there is actually going to be any? In September, they announced they were going to build seven OKC locations. Shortly after, their site said it would be open "Spring 2010" then changed to "Summer 2010" after that. They have some that say "Fall 2010" and OKC isn't listed. Now it just says "coming soon" for OKC. Are they just going to eventually abandon it? Thanks.

Default Re: Smashburger?

I've wondered the same thing.

13. Default Re: Smashburger?

Over priced for the money. Wait for 5 Guys Burgers -n- Fries. Far better burger and far better fries for less money. Less of a menu though.

Over priced for the money. Wait for 5 Guys Burgers -n- Fries. Far better burger and far better fries for less money. Less of a menu though.
    Thanks for sharing.

I agree

Smashburger is still on track for OKC and hasnt been abandoned. I beleive they are still finalizing locations for OKC.

Blog Entries

I agree that they need to get in before 5 Guys. 5G will run them out based on my experience with both burgers. 5G is great. Smashburger is better than what is here now (of the chains), but not as good as 5G - by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I agree that they need to get in before 5 Guys. 5G will run them out based on my experience with both burgers. 5G is great. Smashburger is better than what is here now (of the chains), but not as good as 5G - by a lot.
    I will agree, and frankly I hope 5G comes in and Smashburger doesn't. If they did IMO they would only be here short term.

Having eaten at both I was not impressed with SMBGR and really not for the horrid prices for what you actually get. 5G's with their price point and quality for what you pay will fit nicely into OKC!

19. Default Re: Smashburger?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    5 Guys will add 5 pounds to anyone who isn't a vegetarian.

Blog Entries

LOL. 5 lbs a WEEK. Lots of good animal fat.

Tried it (Austin/Arboretum location), was not impressed enough to go back. Was more impressed with the Smashburger that I tried in Englewood.

stay away from Mooyah Burgers & Fries. overpriced and overhyped burgers. not worth even walking inside the store or approaching the drive thru at all. Money better spent at Big Ed's.

No one mentioned Mooyah Burgers. Now that you mention it, I think they're pretty good and their fries are awesome. I like 5 guys better, but Mooyah is better than any chain we have currently. Big Ed's? What we have like 1 location left? Not really comparing apples to apples if we get a burger chain in here versus one local guy, that's like comparing it to Nic's.

24. Default Re: Smashburger?

I'm taking off an hour tomorrow in addition to my regular lunch to go and try Nic's. I've been looking forward to it for a while now.

If you are going to Nics you better skip breakfast. Totally not kidding.

Thread Information