Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onion Burgers

Default Re: Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post
    Prefer Bunny's over Mike's. Food and atmosphere-wise. Mike has toooooooo much propaganda on the walls.
    most of this "propaganda", is leftover from a memorabilia store he had at Quail Springs Mall called Back In Time.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    most of this "propaganda", is leftover from a memorabilia store he had at Quail Springs Mall called Back In Time.
    I'm ok with the Memorabilia, it's the 8x11 computer printouts of "You're not worthy to eat in my store if you don't think the way I do" that are taped up all over the place. Plenty of other places to get a burger.

Robert's in El Reno is really good, everytime I mention it my son acts like Pavlov's dog.

it is behind mcDonalds in that shopping center. i don't think Roberts is open for dinner, just breakfast and lunch. Godd stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post
    I'm ok with the Memorabilia, it's the 8x11 computer printouts of "You're not worthy to eat in my store if you don't think the way I do" that are taped up all over the place. Plenty of other places to get a burger.

I now live in MWC and I do not visit as much I used to. What kind of statements are on the printouts? Are they conservative, liberal, anti-this or anti that. Just a general explanation will do you do not need to go into detail since this thread is about onion burgers.

Mostly Conservative. And very bile.

now now....save that for the political forumcrapolia.....but i may need to go buy some onion burgers from the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    now now....save that for the political forumcrapolia.....but i may need to go buy some onion burgers from the guy.
    as should you. I certainly hope you're not as narrow-minded as this restaurant owner is.

Hey You Guys Are All Wrong:...........the Hamburger Inn.......ardmore, Oklahoma...........been There Since The Early Thirties........plus The Lady That Owns It Now Is Real Easy On The Eyes.

Is the onion burger place in Bricktown still open? I've gone several times thinking I would eat there and found it closed.

^
    if you're talking bricktown burgers, i believe they're only open for lunch. -M

IMO, the best onion burger can be found at at little place called Nic's, at NW 11th and Penn in OKC. The place only seats about 14 people, but it is BY FAR the best onion burger I've ever had. No need to order a double either, as Nic doesn't skimp on the meat. And the curly fries are excellent!!

And I say all this after eating onion burgers from other places like Sid's, Sunset Grill, Bunny's, Abraham's, The Meers Store, Ron's, SOB, HDs, Tim's, Sooner Dairy Lunch, Paw Paws, plus many more.

Not to say some of these other establishments don't make a good onion burger. Many of them do. I just think Nic's is superior, IMO.

Gotta go. I'm hungry now.

13. Default Re: Onion Burgers

Oooooo my....... onion burgers are one of my weaknesses! We have driven all the way to El Reno many times just to eat at Robert's. Also, love JW's in Chickasha. In OKC, we go to Nic's when we want a delicious onion burger.

All of our faves are so small, you could practically flip your own burger while sitting at the counter. *grin*

Dang it! This thread has got me craving an onion burger @ almost 2:30 am.

When we want a bacon cheeseburger, our top pick is Cousin's.

XO ~
    Kandye

One easy mouse click will feed the hungry....
    http://www.hungersite.com

Thread Information