Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheever's

Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

tuck, didn't you used to have some sort of potato dish at Cheevers with blue cheese (I'm thinking either chips or mashed)? I didn't see it on the latest menu. Never got to try it but it sounded good, just curious what it was or if I'm making things up...................?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    tuck, didn't you used to have some sort of potato dish at Cheevers with blue cheese (I'm thinking either chips or mashed)? I didn't see it on the latest menu. Never got to try it but it sounded good, just curious what it was or if I'm making things up...................?
    I know they've had Blue Cheese Chips on the menu as an appetizer. I've had that several times and love it.

yeah, I was thinking I read that and they sounded good. I wanted to order some last night but didn't see it on their online menu anymore. Tuck, any chance I can order some and pick up at Market C?

yeah, I was thinking I read that and they sounded good. I wanted to order some last night but didn't see it on their online menu anymore. Tuck, any chance I can order some and pick up at Market C?
    Blue Cheese Potato Chips are no longer on the menu...look for a return showing this summer possibly.

They aren't a very good "to-go" item. Sorry Metro.

6. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Cheever's does some of the best soups in town. During the now departed cold spell, I enjoyed a green chili pork tenderloin soup that really hit the spot . . . nice and rich with just the right amount of chili heat . . . excellent. There's not a better choice for lunch than soup and salad at Cheevers.

Michael

Pray For World Peace . . . pass it on
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

Well finally ate at Cheevers for the first time ironically today for lunch. Luckily, I made my reservations on OpenTable.com because they were so busy they were turning people away/long waits. I've eaten at all the other Good Egg Concepts but for some reason, never ate here.

Anyhow my wife and colleagues and I split the Hummus for appetizer. It was excellent and the pita may be the best I've ever had. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak with jalapeno gravy and mashed potatoes. Amazing! Tuck and crew never disappoint. The gravy was a nice surprise and outstanding. Mashed potatoes were perfect. It was artfully prepared and served. The complimentary rolls were also great. My wife had a BLT and fruit and seemed to enjoy that as did my colleagues enjoy their dishes. I will definitely be back again soon but I recommend using OpenTable to rsvp. Definitely one of OKC's top restaurants as are the other AGE concepts.

8. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

I'm heading to Cheever's for dinner tonite. (Went to the Starr last night. I guess I could hit up Red Prime tomorrow for the trifecta??!?!)

Then stop by Market C on your way home to cook something at home for Saturday...

Once again, thanks for all of the support.

Also, printed on your receipt at Cheevers, Iron Starr and Red Primesteak is a 15% discount offer for Market-C...good anytime.

11. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Then stop by Market C on your way home to cook something at home for Saturday...
    That would be a pretty good 4 days of eatin'!

I'm sold on the hummus review above. Think I'mma having that tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Once again, thanks for all of the support.

Also, printed on your receipt at Cheevers, Iron Starr and Red Primesteak is a 15% discount offer for Market-C...good anytime.
    Wish I would have known that before I threw it away yesterday.

Wish I would have known that before I threw it away yesterday.
    Go back in for a drink, cup of coffee and then take advantage of the deal, or just ask for it...shouldn't be a problem.

I ate at Iron Starr last Friday and our waiter pointed out the 15% discount to us. Very nice since I probably would have missed it too.

Pardon my ignorance but, Market C? Is this the same thing as Cresent Market?

Nope, Market C and Crescent Market in Nichols Hills are two different establishments.

17. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Had the ribeye last night, hummus as an app, and the Temptation Zin. Wonderful dinner, great service, my mother thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Quote Originally Posted by bravofriendly View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but, Market C? Is this the same thing as Cresent Market?
    Market C

thanks, Tuck!

Thanks for the info on Cheevers. We're always looking for new restaurants to try. Do any of you know if there are any really good restaurants in Tulsa? We're planning a trip to Wol a Roc Museum and dinner in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by 629cyn View Post
    Thanks for the info on Cheevers. We're always looking for new restaurants to try. Do any of you know if there are any really good restaurants in Tulsa? We're planning a trip to Wol a Roc Museum and dinner in Tulsa.

If you like Italian, Delasandro's in Midtown is really good. Lots of places on Peoria in Brookside. . . just depends on what strikes your fancy.

For Steaks or Fried Chicken, the Celebrity Club. If you've been to Michael's here in OKC, this is owned by his uncle and has been around for years. Great Ceasar salads prepared at your table. Decor reminds me a lot of Juniors. Live piano player most weekend evenings.
    Celebrity Club Fine Dining
    3109 S Yale Ave
    Tulsa, OK 74135
    (918) 743-1800‎

For Fish, Bodean Seafood Restaurant
    Bodean Seafood Restaurant
    3323 E 51st St
    Tulsa, OK
    (918) 743-3861‎

Don't know when your trip is, but Palace Cafe at 15th & Peoria is worth a stop. We had a dinner party here and the food was fantastic. I would really like to go back myself for a chance to enjoy the food without the hostess stress. I've also heard very promising things about their Sunday brunch.

Palace Cafe

For a Cheever's quality restaraunt in Tulsa, I'd recommend The Brasserie on Peoria, or Stone Horse at Utica Square.

Several months ago, I ordered chicken fried steak to go. My husband and I had a horrible day and we were looking forward to a great dinner at home. They forgot my gravy. I called and just wanted them to know what happened. I hoped to hear, "we are sorry." I was actually making instant gravy from a package as I called. They brought gravy to my house, and a $25 gift card. Wonderful people, wonderful service! We have been going there for the last 8 years- it has been designated as our celebration place! New job, new house, you name it- celebrate a Cheever's!

Thread Information