Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Bite Cafe (formerly First Watch)

Default Re: First Watch

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    I tried it this morning. Definitely underwhelming compared to my visit to First Watch in St. Louis. The service seemed awkward and forced to me, but it wasn't bad. My biggest gripe is the price of coffee. $2+ is too much to pay for coffee at a cafe, unless Juan Valdez pours it himself. I'm gonna stick to my normal breakfast spots, I think. I'll go back, but not often.
    Maybe perhaps service was akward because it is brand new and they may have to work out the kinks. Anyway, when I lived in Florida, First Watch was always busy, great food and healthy alternatives. $2 for a cup of coffee is nothing, considering they give you unlimited refills.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    I tried it this morning. Definitely underwhelming compared to my visit to First Watch in St. Louis. The service seemed awkward and forced to me, but it wasn't bad. My biggest gripe is the price of coffee. $2+ is too much to pay for coffee at a cafe, unless Juan Valdez pours it himself. I'm gonna stick to my normal breakfast spots, I think. I'll go back, but not often.
    2.00 is about average for coffee in a full service rest., Denny's charges 1.89 and Jaun doesn't work there.

4. Default Re: First Watch

If I ever eat there I'm going to come back here and give my review of the place......... starting a new thread on it (#4) of course.

Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

I wish there were more "local" places worth going to around, down here we have the local Kerbey Lane Cafe chain but they have almost got to a point where they have over expanded as the new ones don't seem to be as good as the original three locations. I would like more neighborhood places The Paramount in Boston or French Roast in NYC. When we are up there we always hit those two at least once if not twice depending on the amount of time we are there. The Paramount is great for breakfast or lunch, we have only had breakfast at French Roast.

6. Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

I ate there today, and to be quite honest, it was pretty good. I think some locals (or Jimmy's Egg) need to open a place like this downtown. I suspect it would do great along Broadway in Automobile Alley with sufficient parking.

Steve, when you gonna convince your wife to move DT

8. Default Re: First Watch

Does anybody know if more First Watch cafes are planned in Oklahoma City?

9. Default Re: First Watch

I ate there today as well. Food was really good. had the buffalo chicken wrap and tomato basil soup. servers and managers were kind of intense with always coming around asking you how it is but I expect that to settle down after a bit. def will be back.

My only issue with the price of coffee there, is that they charge you for a small pot of it, which I assume is bottomless. If I only drink a cup after I eat my breakfast, then I kind of feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Not typical, I know.

Regarding First Watch though, I had a stack of 3 pancakes and made it 3/5ths of the way through them. I had a huge appetite that day. They're huge. Go with 2, or 1 on the side.

worthy cook nailed it on the service. When that relaxes a bit, I'll go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Does anybody know if more First Watch cafes are planned in Oklahoma City?
    They are planning on opening a total of 3 cafes in the OKC area. Source. The first link thread number 1.

12. Default Re: First Watch

We went there for Valentine's Day breakfast. The food was delicious, but I agree about the awkward wait staff. It just takes a few weeks to work the opening kinks out. I 'll be going back

Default Re: First Bite Cafe (formerly First Watch)

A local operator took over the old First Watch space on Memorial and renamed it First Bite.

Now, First Bite is moving to the old Scholtzsky's very nearby at 2620 W. Memorial.

Thread Information