Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper Crust Pizza

Default Re: Upper Crust Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Bbatesokc, yeah, I agree with your description. I think Hideaway makes a better pizza, and depending on your location, has better service, at times. At least I find them more attentive. I get the vibe that a lot of people at Upper Crust don't care, and that's why they are not attentive to their guests. Its really sad. Also, the last time I was there, the kitchen missed an ingredient on my pizza. I have not had that happen there before, but I was surprised at their laziness and slopiness.
    Comparing it to Hideaway is Apples to Oranges, different styles of pizza. Comparing it to The Wedge would be more accurate. honestly I think this one was a dumb move by CHK as The Wedge is a few blocks down the street. A concept or restaurateur new to the state would have been more appropriate.

Oh, Upper Crust definitely has better pizza than The Wedge. I do not like the pizza at The Wedge, because the bottom of the crust is always burnt or charred, and I get ash on my fingers and sometimes on my pants. That's why I don't go to The Wedge, although The Wedge might have, arguably, better service compared to Upper Crust.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Oh, Upper Crust definitely has better pizza than The Wedge. I do not like the pizza at The Wedge, because the bottom of the crust is always burnt or charred, and I get ash on my fingers and sometimes on my pants. That's why I don't go to The Wedge, although The Wedge might have, arguably, better service compared to Upper Crust.
    Um, maybe a napkin would help. Or even better, using a fork. Also, a brick oven pizza will always have some burnt areas when cooked properly.

I have to laugh at some of the reasons why people dont like certain restaurants.

I used a napkin; fork doesn't help burnt crust. And, the pizzas at Upper Crust do not have the same ash problem that the Wedge pizzas had. I don't find this funny. I seriously found the Wedge pizza had a problem with their quality here.

5. Default Re: Upper Crust Pizza

The Wedge is one of my favorite pizza places. We go the Deep Deuce location very regularly. Love the pizza, pear salad and the atmosphere.

upper crust is very good and i pretty much always have good service sitting at the bar

I think this all goes back to personal preference. The Wedge is my favorite pizza in the city and I think that Upper Crust is decent at best, but I do know many people who do like it. I will say Upper Crust does have a very good salad.

Default Another Upper Crust Pizza!

Looks like Upper Crust Pizza at Classen Curve is having enough success that they are planning to expand. Their second location will be near Western and 178th north (Edmond Road). Was told their new building will be north of Louie's.....

I think their pizza is pretty good. Not great -but pretty good. You?

Default Re: Another Upper Crust Pizza!

I wasn't impressed the only time I went (about 2 months after opening). However, I never like to say I don't like it until I've gone twice. Much more of a Wedge fan personally...

I agree with the Wedge comment, it's by far my favorite. Upper Crust is not bad, in my opinion there are many other better pizza restaurants nearby. I will say that the market fresh salad at upper crust is very good

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Looks like Upper Crust Pizza at Classen Curve is having enough success that they are planning to expand. Their second location will be near Western and 178th north (Edmond Road). Was told their new building will be north of Louie's.....

I think their pizza is pretty good. Not great -but pretty good. You?
    it is a hal smith joint so this was only a matter of time

Fantastic for Edmond. Now, if only we can get them in Norman! The mushroom pizza with truffle oil is amazing!

Whoopee.

Default New Upper Crust location - North OKC/West Edmond

A new Upper Crust is under construction at 178th and Western - adjacent to the Louie's. I had wondered what that building was going to be. Looking forward to walking over for some wood fired pizza and an adult beverage.

Default Re: New Upper Crust location - North OKC/West Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    A new Upper Crust is under construction at 178th and Western - adjacent to the Louie's. I had wondered what that building was going to be. Looking forward to walking over for some wood fired pizza and an adult beverage.
    Me, too. Was afraid based on the placement and size it would be a fast food joint. Glad to see it's not.

I am beyond excited about this!

Looking forward to trying this place as we live just down the road. The Sushi Bar is our favorite sushi restaurant so Upper Crust is in good company on that corner.

Parking lot is poured now.

Thread Information