Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

He's not especially bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I don't listen to Mark's show but I did check out his web site. The only thing I can find wrong with him is that he appears to not be able to distinguish between federal, state, and local governments. To him, the OKC City Council is just the local office of the federal government.
    I think he's against all government. Strikes me as an anarchist.

He should move out to Somalia, no government at all - He'd be in heaven.

I've been writing letters to station manager Lee Matthews and calling sponsors like Cusack Meats, Air Comfort Solutions, All American Roofing for weeks, and stopped advertising on clear channel stations. I encourage you to call them as well, you can see the sponsors on his website.

Quote Originally Posted by OkcMetal View Post
    What has happened to civil discussion in Oklahoma City? Why can we not discuss issues without wanting to harm each other? Why do we let "Nuts", destroy what America is based upon? Civil disussion, where Right to free speech was meant build, not tear down. Mark Shannon ktok radio, again has threatened our Mayor with bodily harm. On air, mr. Mark Shannon stated. about Mick Cornett, "I just want to pistol whip him". His last show, he wanted to burn the mayors house. Wow!! Lets see, Pistol whip, or burn his house?? are not threats illegall?? and the police UNION supports him???
    actually such threats against a public official are now covered under the Homeland security act.......

Mark, you just might have some federal types, you know, no necks, trench coats and black SUV's come ta visit..........

Dont be acrinimious

Default Re: Markkk Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Did anyone see the debate? Was it very one-sided? Did Humphreys clean his clock?
    Yes I saw it and NOrick and Humphreys cleaned his plow.
    I think the best though was when Kirk called him out as a Y2K move to the woods the end is near survialist and he Davis, was totally flustered with that.

Ahahahahahaha...

But here’s the best part of Shannon’s post, where he attacks Frank Keating for supporting MAPS because he doesn’t even live in OKC:

“[Frank Keating] didn’t even have a real residence in Oklahoma City. When Cathy ran for Congress, where did she run? In TULSA, where Frank Keating did keep his residency. Why on EARTH would we take advice on MAPS from FRANK KEATING a resident of Washington DC and TULSA?”

Yes, why would we listen to someone who doesn’t even live in Oklahoma City, Mark? Oh wait, that’s right: Mark Shannon lives in Edmond. Oops.

Is there video of the Humphreys/Norrick v Shannon/Davis debate? I'd love to see it. Surely someone recorded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Yes I saw it and NOrick and Humphreys cleaned his plow.
    I think the best though was when Kirk called him out as a Y2K move to the woods the end is near survialist and he Davis, was totally flustered with that.
    As long as they were going back that far, Davis should have asked Hump why he's not still affiliated with the PC school board. You're right, that would have been hilarious.

Yet KTOK's ratings are thru the roof. Good luck with the sponsor boycott guys....

This conversation reminds me of the pilot episode of WKRP.

The boycott of WKRP turns out to be 5 of the lamest people in the world.

Everybody just needs to calm down. Mark has always been known as the worlds biggest smart ass. If you listen to his show for more than five minutes you quickly realize he is just doing comedy. Just like your hero Jon Stewart does on Comedy Central.

As a previous poster mentioned he has Cancer and his condition has the potential of killing him. If you have ever known anybody who was on the road to dying you know that most are very bold and they don't sugar coat anything. They speak their mind and they usually do not take a second to phrase things in a PC manner. Mark making this statement does not mean he would actuallly do it. It is kind of a parent saying to their kid "Stop doing that or I am going to beat the daylights out of you." Do they actually mean they are going to beat their kid to a pulp? No. It doesnt.

Now.... pull your undies out of your crack and either laugh it off or let if go.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post

Now.... pull your undies out of your crack and either laugh it off or let if go.
    The majority of his followers are as radical as they come so, no, it's not easy to just laugh off the fact that he's inviting people to burn down or stage a break-in to my parent's home. It's just not that funny to me.

Comedy??? Mark Shannon is a comedian?? Yes, most educated people do take him as a joke. But, its because he takes himself sooo seriously. Mark Shannon believes in what he says..not as a joke, but fact. Call his show and ask if his rants are just comedy..ask the 80 year olds, who constantly call in, if Fullerton, I mean Shannon, is a comedian, such as Carrot top, or Jerry Sienfield. His listeners take what he says as THE TRUTH!! and Mr. oneforone..If I overheard a parent threaten a child with death..I would report it as soon as possible..Why wouldn't you??
    Last edited by Martin; 12-08-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: removed intentional misspelling... grow up

A bunch of you think WWE is real, don't you?

casey is a report being filed?

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeythief View Post
    Yah, "Pistol whipping" and burning down houses is hilarious. Top of the line comedy there...

Oh wait, no it's not. People dont just joke about that stuff.

I've campaigned for Republicans my entire life, I worked at the Heritage foundation, and was a state officer in College Republicans for 2 years.

Mark Shannon is an absolute joke, though I tip toe the right line of the political spectrum Mark Shannon does not speak for me as a Republican. He's far more conservative than I am and the only people that actually listen to his show are senile Sr. Citizens that truly believe Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ and will start executing Christians in concentration camps within his tenure.

Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?
    our friendship will turn to hate

Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    Yah, "Pistol whipping" and burning down houses is hilarious. Top of the line comedy there...

Oh wait, no it's not. People dont just joke about that stuff.

I've campaigned for Republicans my entire life, I worked at the Heritage foundation, and was a state officer in College Republicans for 2 years.

Mark Shannon is an absolute joke, though I tip toe the right line of the political spectrum Mark Shannon does not speak for me as a Republican. He's far more conservative than I am and the only people that actually listen to his show are senile Sr. Citizens that truly believe Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ and will start executing Christians in concentration camps within his tenure.
    Nailed it. Absolutely right. I, too, am a lifelong active Republican and conservative and I am simply embarrassed by Shannon's antics and his 36 devout listeners. I'd hesitate to even call him conservative--more like a reactionary nut. Fortunately, 99% of the Republicans I know either don't listen to the guy or think he's insane. That's just one reason his and Porter Davis's "resistance movement" is going to fail miserably.

As opposed to CGI?

Oh No! We cannot have a big scarry world we should always say the right thing and never say anything offensive. We should report anything that appears to have the slightest intention of harm to anyone.

At some point you have to stop taking life seriously. The two biggest skills people lack these days are the abilty to pick their battles and the ability to ignore the things they do not like.

Yesterday's American Hero

Today's American Hero

ARGHH!! Please do not use Eastwood movies as a role model.. I love them, but most of his westerns are about brutally killing people,stealing gold or money..drinking and rape. Are those American values??

Quote Originally Posted by OkcMetal View Post
    ARGHH!! Please do not use Eastwood movies as a role model.. I love them, but most of his westerns are about brutally killing people,stealing gold or money..drinking and rape. Are those American values??
    There is only one American Value people rally around these days.

Cry and whine about every little social injustice (regardless if it is harmful or not) until somebody writes legislation to make your life easier.

After all life should be fair.... and nobody should ever be offended or be the butt of a joke.

Give it another 5-10 years and we will be tuning into watch professional crying and thumb sucking on ESPN.

Any sane and civil person that has listend to Shannon the last fews days, would be calling Citidel and demanding that he be taken off the air, his constant name calling and telling lies or at the very least, half truths is downright shameful.

Repeatedly calls Mayor Cornett a liar, loser, and that he's in the pockets of his rich cronies, etc;
    Repeatedly calls Mayor Humphrey's a jerk
    Keeps bad mouthing Clay Bennett, Aubrey McLendon and others for supporting MAPS3 when they live in Nichols Hills
    The worst of is that today he rants about all the stupid voters in OKC, and that anyone that votes for MAPS3 is stupid.

Someone on one of the posting's said "it's probably because he's dying, and he's just speaking his mind". well, I took care of my step dad for 2 plus years while he battled cancer, and I promise none of the medicines or treatments he took/received turned him into an egotistical jerk.

about as real as your break-in.

Lord Helmet Guest

The idiocy on his program tonight was astounding. I was baffled. I mean, it's common knowledge that Shannon is an idiot, but his callers are even bigger idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    It sounds like Mark Shannon's cheese has slipped of his cracker..........Pretty sad.
    one of many reasons why my stereo dial has always been set to KATT and never KJ103. I set it to the KATT and ripped the knob off and have been happy ever since.

Thread Information