Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bricktown Bike Bar

Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    One of those guys on the pedal pub (the second video) is pedalling BACKWARDS!?!?! is he being held against his will? or demonstrating against the will of the others?
    Cool concept (the pedal pub -- not the backwards pedalling).
    Yeah . . . I noticed that too. And it really bugged me. That goes beyond "slacking" on the team effort . . . in fact, it is probably the reason that they dropped the idea of coaster brakes early in the design process. I think there needs to be a regulation regarding these Mobile Amusement Parks that if a fellow rider pulls a stunt like that and threatens to sue when you shove him off his stool into traffic all the cops responding to the scene should point at him, laugh and upload their videos to Youtube or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Yeah . . . I noticed that too. And it really bugged me. That goes beyond "slacking" on the team effort . . . in fact, it is probably the reason that they dropped the idea of coaster brakes early in the design process. I think there needs to be a regulation regarding these Mobile Amusement Parks that if a fellow rider pulls a stunt like that and threatens to sue when you shove him off his stool into traffic all the cops responding to the scene should point at him, laugh and upload their videos to Youtube or whatever.
    They need to hire a good old fashioned Ben Hur style Roman rowing instructor! That would keep those pedals moving forward haha

I was going to PM my appreciation of your starting this Thread Topic.
    You will have to settle for this: Thank You. =)

Witnessing The Pedal Pub in action, unexpectedly, from the safety of a really nice rental car in the oncoming/opposite lane--somewhere in the vicinity the coolest part of the area bordering Nordeast (minneapolis)--made me feel like a kid again. That is how good the concept is, with or without embellishments, including the possible attachment of a Nerf version (for the sake of weight) of one of those painted buffalo icons that dot the local landscape.

The pedal pub concept IS--no joking--one of the most amazing phenomina i've ever seen. To Universalize the idea . . . Maybe Mayor Mick--or one of the former "confidence builders" from the dearly departed 'tan n' tone' scheme could convince overweight folks hanging around at a little shelter at the low end of that bridge that pushing and pulling the pedal pub over the Walnut Street bridge isn't just good exercise . . . it's also mandated community service! =)

I wonder if Ginger Baker is looking for a local gig as a drummer . . .? =)

I saw the Bike Bar down in Bricktown on Friday night and the group on it looked like they were having a blast! They eventually stopped outside of Tapwerks so I guess that they drink on the bike and bar hop some as well. I definitely want to try this out in the near future!

I'm the manager of Bricktown Bike Cabs and the Bricktown Bike Bar. If anyone has any questions about it I would be glad to answer them! Cool to see that someone noticed it enough to get it on OKCTalk

Quote Originally Posted by BricktownBikeGuy View Post
    I'm the manager of Bricktown Bike Cabs and the Bricktown Bike Bar. If anyone has any questions about it I would be glad to answer them! Cool to see that someone noticed it enough to get it on OKCTalk
    Nothing in OKC escapes the notice of those at OKC Talk. LOL
    I don't have any questions but want to wish you good luck.

7. Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

They have a Groupon for anyone considering this..... Bricktown Bike Bar Deal of the Day | Groupon Oklahoma City

From their facebook page:

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley....

Oops, wrong song.

Um... Chug, chug, chug went the brewski?

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley....

Oops, wrong song.

Um... Chug, chug, chug went the brewski?
    Ha! I'll have to make that the Bike Bars new theme song!

10. Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

Went with a group of 13 or so tonight before the Gazette's parade.

It was a really good time, and everyone commented on how much they enjoyed themselves.

Started off at the Bricktown Brewery - bought a few Growlers from the Brewery before we took off ($10 for bike bar participants).

Stopped at several bars along our route. Everyone really liked Skinny Slims and JJ's.

Our guide for the night (Patrick I think), was really great. Very laid back but also really professional.

Highly recommend and we're already talking about getting a group together for our next night.

^

Looks like so much fun!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I want to organize a group next time I'm in town.

Looking at giving this a try for a buddy's bachelor party this Friday at 8pm (03.14), but we'd need another group of 5-7 to make it affordable. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining in...

Thread Information