Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

^^
    I saw these on the Vietnamese in OKC Facebook page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	17663

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	17664

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	17665

Great concept.

same developer as the collective i bet this is a home run ..

They have already painted the cottages with bright colors vs. the previous gray:

Is that set of bungalows where a vintage store was located, with maybe interconnects between a couple of them, decades ago? Went there quite a few times, but never really paid attention to where exactly it was, wife got an army jacket there that is still in great shape and she still wears.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Is that set of bungalows where a vintage store was located, with maybe interconnects between a couple of them, decades ago? Went there quite a few times, but never really paid attention to where exactly it was, wife got an army jacket there that is still in great shape and she still wears.
    It was called Vintage Plus

They are moving along with their grand plan.

New filing to add a pizza stand and a stand-alone restroom building.

I love that this is happening. Can't wait to eat my Church's Chicken in the pedestrian plaza!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I love that this is happening. Can't wait to eat my Church's Chicken in the pedestrian plaza!

Eventually there will be signs saying no Church's Customers haha

That back garden area next to the old Guernsey Park building is such a great spot and I look forward to that entire area finally being activated.

This should turn out to be really cool.

Looks like the first bar's permits have been filed for this project. The old hair salon is going to be called Downtime

Name:	Site Plan Bungalow 23.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	17799

Name:	Floorplan Downtime.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	17800

Another name on the board, Whiskey Dicks is going to be the bar where Cuppies and Joe was

Name:	2023-01-09 08_45_50-bungalow 23- whiskey dicks-sealed architectal drawings for permit set - jan .jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	17812
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-01-09 08_43_23-bungalow 23- whiskey dicks-sealed architectal drawings for permit set - jan .jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	17811  

Classy

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Classy
    Similar thought. My actual first thought was the urban dictionary definition.

Is there another definition? Not everything needs to be family friendly, but I'd rather not have to explain that to my kid while visiting.

16. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    Is there another definition? Not everything needs to be family friendly, but I'd rather not have to explain that to my kid while visiting.
    Just tell em it's short for Whiskey Richard's

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Just tell em it's short for Whiskey Richard's
    Yep, Richard's the owner and he used to be known for drinking/selling whiskey.

They don't have a problem in Kansas. The easily offended and those with kids might want to choose from a bevy of other places.
    https://www.whiskeydicksict.com/menus/

There’s a difference between being easily offended and rolling your eyes at the name of a bar sounding like something that a 19 year old frat bro would think is the funniest thing in the world.

And let's be honest, the ones who are offended by a name like this are the ones who are least likely to visit this type of establishment anyways. Those types are people aren't really the target audience for this type of development.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    There’s a difference between being easily offended and rolling your eyes at the name of a bar sounding like something that a 19 year old frat bro would think is the funniest thing in the world.
    Every other taco outfit seems to go with a name that is similarly juvenile and it doesn't appear to affect their businesses too much.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    And let's be honest, the ones who are offended by a name like this are the ones who are least likely to visit this type of establishment anyways. Those types are people aren't really the target audience for this type of development.
    Hardly (pun intended). I am the target audience - I live close and eat out a lot. I'm still excited about the development, but I'm not taking my little girl to a place called Whisky Dicks. I'm not offended, but it's a dumb name that will impact how often I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    Hardly (pun intended). I am the target audience - I live close and eat out a lot. I'm still excited about the development, but I'm not taking my little girl to a place called Whisky Dicks. I'm not offended, but it's a dumb name that will impact how often I'm there.
    Yep, this last part is right on. We generally don't go to places like The Fuzzy (or Pink) Taco, Whiskey Dick's, Chico Blanco, etc. There are plenty of places around that have food as good as, if not better than restaurants have names that would have Beavis and Butthead huh-huh-huh-ing... But I'm sure all those places will do just fine without my patronage.

From my understanding, this project is going to be a mini version of the old Rainey Street in Austin which was full of bars and street food in old Victorian style houses. Rainey Street did not target families and people who eat out, it targeted a younger group of people who go out to party and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    From my understanding, this project is going to be a mini version of the old Rainey Street in Austin which was full of bars and street food in old Victorian style houses. Rainey Street did not target families and people who eat out, it targeted a younger group of people who go out to party and drink.
    Is that where the original Trudy's was?

Thread Information