Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On-site Public Opinion Survey for Lake Hefner Park and Recreation Development

Default Re: On-site Public Opinion Survey for Lake Hefner Park and Recreation Development

What do you guys mean, there are bike and walking trails all along the river and it will be expanding enormously over the next few years citywide. You will be able to take a bike from Hefner to Norman. Also, how to we plan on getting a 4-5 star hotel at Lake Hefner when we cant even get one downtown. Let alone this is an extremely controversial issue right now. It would be another Bass Pro incident of only letting certain businesses in. As you may know, Overholser is getting a hotel on the lake. This may be a proposition the city needs to consider for Olverholser or Draper when those projects come into fruition.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: On-site Public Opinion Survey for Lake Hefner Park and Recreation Development

I believe the bike trails are now completed along the river. Go down Wiley Post Park and catch one of the bike trails there. They stretch all along the Oklahoma River. They start just west of Regatta Park, on the other side of the canal. You could start there.

They have been done before the opening. You can catch any of the parks on SW15th or go down Byers Ave. to the park there. I think you can get on them from Robinson also over by the skatepark.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

I saw in here that someone was talking abou the Olympics in 2016. Houston is definately next in line to get these, they built an entire light rail system in their urban city, and still lost over some other city... I think London. I think that first we need to have pro teams move into our city. I want to add to this paragraph that we are looking exactly like the new Kansas City. Pro teams should move in within 15 years.

I think we will have a great opportunity to show off this year come time for the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Alfred P. Murrah Building Bombing, as downtownguy said in his blog earlier.

I dont think we need a mega-size city or pro-sports to attract nicer things such as "Olympics" . To attract stuff like that you have to have huge infrastructure which we clearly do not have the highways and light rail that would be needed.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Oklahoma City is practically the Salt Lake City of the South. But... the summer sports, which we would be seeing, only go to major cities, unlike the winter sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner&RiceGrad
    Oklahoma City is practically the Salt Lake City of the South. But... the summer sports, which we would be seeing, only go to major cities, unlike the winter sports.
    Well, when you spend 11 million on bribes to the Olympic Commission, amazing things will happen!

Who do I make the check out to?? lol

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BricktownGuy
    Who do I make the check out to?? lol
    Me of course!

Thread Information