Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    According to him, he didn't exactly get "argumentative":
    The two sides of the story are often different, and frequently are selective on details.

I bought a reel mower two years ago to take better care of our small back yard. Used it twice. Oh well - best intentions! (On neither occasion did I use it at 4:30 a.m., nor was I tempted!)

All we had when I was a kid was a reel mower. Actually, we had several of them. None of which worked worth a [darn] but my "old school" dad refused to step into the 20th Century vis-a-vis lawn care. Especially in order to mow the "postage stamp" lawn in our 50's vintage suburban neighborhood.

I felt so deprived that I even enjoyed winding the rope with the knot at the end around that deal with the little notch on the top of those cutting-edge machines that our more forward-thinking neighbors possessed and giving it several pulls just to hear the engine start.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    All we had when I was a kid was a reel mower. Actually, we had several of them. None of which worked worth a [darn] but my "old school" dad refused to step into the 20th Century vis-a-vis lawn care. Especially in order to mow the "postage stamp" lawn in our 50's vintage suburban neighborhood.

I felt so deprived that I even enjoyed winding the rope with the knot at the end around that deal with the little notch on the top of those cutting-edge machines that our more forward-thinking neighbors possessed and giving it several pulls just to hear the engine start.

I remember both all too well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I had a friend who got a $250 exhibition of speed ticket for doing just that.

As for the lawnmower man (crappy movie btw) - maybe a bb gun and a grassy knoll would have been in order.
    Hmmm good idea

As you'd suspect, there's more to the story than a guy mowing his lawn one time at 4:30 a.m. The police report was released (http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.news...report0001.pdf) which makes it clear that things escallated when the resident brought race into it. The citizen (apparently black) addressed the investigating officer (apparently white) as "n*****" (huh?) and "racist" before stating, "It's only against the law because I'm black."

The reporting party stated that his neighbor had been "mowing and disturbing his sleep all summer."

And shock of shocks the arresstee was on the media lying thru his teeth that he did nothing wrong and did not escalate the situaiton, yeah right. I wonder what he would say on camera now if confronted with his own words?

8. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    And shock of shocks the arresstee was on the media lying thru his teeth that he did nothing wrong and did not escalate the situaiton, yeah right. I wonder what he would say on camera now if confronted with his own words?
    Excuse me, you need to be extremely careful. There is no video evidence. Police are known to lie. JUST ASK BRIAN!!! Police had lied about this and that until Brian's videos exposed their lies. This guy was mowing all summer, so that makes it his usual routine. The neighbor didn't even call in to whine until nearly Summer being over. Hmm... I'm going to believe the policeman was falsifying reports as usual.

9. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Sure I've seen cops lie, but I have no doubt the cop would have preferred to have avoided the hour it probably took to leave the scene and the additional hour it most likely took to do the paperwork. Considering the defendant was using extremely poor judgement when the officer arrived, my vote says the cop's story is closer to the truth than the dip who was mowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This guy was mowing all summer, so that makes it his usual routine. The neighbor didn't even call in to whine until nearly Summer being over. Hmm... I'm going to believe the policeman was falsifying reports as usual.
    Here you are assuming facts not in evidence. A usual fault of your youth and lack of life experiences. You might want to be very careful in your UNFOUNDED and UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATIONS. Many officers are fighting back and suing citizens who make false accusations, and rightfully so. Many are winning large judgements. What is good for the people works both ways.

And Brian just vindicated my statement. Feel like a fool yet Thunder???

why would someone mowing his lawn 4:30 in the morning if he want to mow his lawn do it at 7:00 in the morning because people are usually up by then

This guy was mowing all summer, so that makes it his usual routine. The neighbor didn't even call in to whine until nearly Summer being over. Hmm... I'm going to believe the policeman was falsifying reports as usual.
    Thunder, just because no-one complained the first time doesn't make it OK. People will be cutting their lawns well into October unless we get a early, cold weather, which this year isn't likely.

Incidentally, check this guy out on OSCN and you'll find that he's the poster boy for bad behavior, with numerous protective orders and miscellaneous criminal charges filed against him. And according to the County Assessor, he bought his house in December, so this is the first summer that his neighbors have had to put up with him. Sounds like they cut him some slack until they decided that they'd had enough.

The guy's a nut and his neighbors reached their limits. So back to your allegation about the police officers (there were two responding officers) falsifying reports...

Excuse me, you need to be extremely careful. There is no video evidence. Police are known to lie. JUST ASK BRIAN!!! Police had lied about this and that until Brian's videos exposed their lies. This guy was mowing all summer, so that makes it his usual routine. The neighbor didn't even call in to whine until nearly Summer being over. Hmm... I'm going to believe the policeman was falsifying reports as usual.
    What crime do you get away with automatically because you have been doing it weekly for a few months, often that is more reason that they would not give the lightest option at their discretion. I would suspect that they were argumentative or something since if normally if they tell you it is illegal and you indicate you did not know and stop then they are more likely to just warn you vs arrest you over a minor issue like this.

14. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    What crime do you get away with automatically because you have been doing it weekly for a few months.
    Why are you accusing me of being a criminal?

Why are you accusing me of being a criminal?
    No, you stated that since the guy had been doing it for months that it should not an issue, which in many cases people doing illegal acts just keep repeatedly doing the same things till they get caught. Sometimes they are honest mistakes, however by your the age you are buying renting a house you should have some idea that if you make a lot of noise at night people will call the police.

16. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

I usually mow in the evening. Sometime I mow around 6am, if I am up (usually sunrise means bedtime).

I usually mow in the evening. Sometime I mow around 6am, if I am up (usually sunrise means bedtime).
    I thought you lived in an apartment, if so, why do "you" have to mow the lawn.

18. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I thought you lived in an apartment, if so, why do "you" have to mow the lawn.
    Why do you not assume that there are plenty of lawns that I do service?

19. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Here you are assuming facts not in evidence. A usual fault of your youth and lack of life experiences. You might want to be very careful in your UNFOUNDED and UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATIONS. Many officers are fighting back and suing citizens who make false accusations, and rightfully so. Many are winning large judgements. What is good for the people works both ways.

And Brian just vindicated my statement. Feel like a fool yet Thunder???
    Notice how he skipped right over this?

20. Default Re: 4:30 a.m. mowing leads to Oklahoma City man's arrest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Thunder, just because no-one complained the first time doesn't make it OK. People will be cutting their lawns well into October unless we get a early, cold weather, which this year isn't likely.

Incidentally, check this guy out on OSCN and you'll find that he's the poster boy for bad behavior, with numerous protective orders and miscellaneous criminal charges filed against him. And according to the County Assessor, he bought his house in December, so this is the first summer that his neighbors have had to put up with him. Sounds like they cut him some slack until they decided that they'd had enough.

The guy's a nut and his neighbors reached their limits. So back to your allegation about the police officers (there were two responding officers) falsifying reports...
    and this.

Thread Information