Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - March 2016

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Simple reminder - instead of posting comments about other comments, we all have access to the ignore function...
    I'm almost convinced he thrives off of the attention he gets by saying stuff like that anyways, so ignoring it is the best thing to do.

Yea either he needs to be called out or banned. There should be no reason for an ignore option. Seems he's just wanting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Yea either he needs to be called out or banned. There should be no reason for an ignore option. Seems he's just wanting attention.
    Last time I checked this was still the USA and we have freedom of speach, I said nothing bad about anyone or anything that would warrant being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Last time I checked this was still the USA and we have freedom of speach, I said nothing bad about anyone or anything that would warrant being banned.
    Yes, it is the USA, and we have freedom of speech. However, this is a forum and nobody needs you disrupting it with your odd love of destructive weather. People come here to get information, not negativity and sadism.

This is the U.S. and there is no governmental restraint here. Your WISH (opinion) ("speech" not "speach") is not protected from OUR opinion (which should, under your view, be equally protected) that your constant wishing for terrible weather is a bad thing. It is clear from your comment and many others that we see, that you have no idea what the 1st Amendment does or does not do. It DOES NOT protect you from being called out for begging for ice storms or tornadoes by other posters. Quit posting your "wishes" for disasters and let everyone see the forecasts.

so anymore storms coming up, lucky me got to drive to Lawton in that monsoon this morning - saw at least 2 cars who had hydroplaned and smooched the concrete barriers on I44

Yes, you have the freedom of speech, which also comes with it the freedom to be pilloried by those who — also exercising their freedom of speech — find your speech to be ridiculous and/or offensive to those who have been adversely impacted and/or devastated by severe weather. Some find it to be a sick fetish — deriving pleasure from something that causes others pain.

I use to be the grab the popcorn severe weather is coming type of guy until my house was blown away by a tornado now I cringe when I read peoples post about jumping up and down for severe weather action. I guess until it happens to you, you will never see how praying and hoping for destruction makes others who have been affected by severe weather feel. But like you said freedom of speech, even if it is what you are saying and praying for is just down right stupid.

Most of C OK will be dry for today. Perhaps some lighter showers developing and moving in towards this evening. There will be flooding concerns developing over SE OK and especially into NE TX as the system is very slow to move.

The main low will be ejecting northward during the week, giving C OK good shots at waves of rain beginning Thursday night, then a break until during the day on Friday. This is how it looks as of now, monitoring radar trends will be your best bet if you have evening plans over the next few days and into the weekend.

Would have like more severe stuff to go along with the rain though.
    I'd sooner complain about the simple rain storms seemingly always bypassing Stillwater, though the last one wasn't much of a miss with around an inch of rain.

Okay this storm is finally moving now. The low will be lifting north through TX during the day. Should bring a wave of rain in from the southeast late this afternoon and into tonight. Off/on rain shower chances overnight, Saturday may actually be alright during the day. Some wrap around low action possible early Sunday morning, but looks brief.

Monday will be a sharp warm up, then the next system comes in middle of the week knocking temps back down into 60s and rain chances coming back.

Cool, but decent weather this weekend. Warm up begins Monday through Wednesday with more fire danger days.

Next big storm is around Thursday.

EXTREME fire danger the next three days. Thursday things turn cooler again with a storm system, but moisture development will be well north and east of OK. So just a wind shift and temperature cool down.

Next precipitation chances are Saturday evening. And I say precipitation, because right now it looks like snow could be in the picture.

Some of the most extreme fire conditions I have ever seen are sweeping across TX and OK right now. Multiple large fires out in the TX PH right now.

These sustained 35+mph winds with gusts over 50 will be moving into OKC over the next few hours.

HangryHippo Guest

What is the weather looking like for the Lake Thunderbird area on Saturday?

Storm chances increase late Friday night (northern half of OK best shot)

Better chances Saturday night with strong front, snow possible in NW OK.

I'm camping down at WMWR this weekend. I'm positive I'll be just fine. Just gotta scout out a campsite with good cover!

Well, I will tell you, there was a helluva storm that fired up last night around 10:30pm, roughly an hour after winds were gusting out of the north. I got out of my tent to watch the action and it only became better after I got back in my tent. Fifteen minutes had passed and it was lightning every half second to one second...with no thunder...so I knew it was moving south of me for the most part. My thinking was, it had to be moving somewhat north or it slammed into the coldfront because the ligtning died down dramatically. Soon after it did rain. I stayed dry but, damn, that wind was vicious!

SPC has SLIGHT risk for severe weather tomorrow for about the eastern half of OK.

Looks like storms could develop directly over I-35 and push east. Per usual, morning convection and cloud cover will entail a lot about what happens in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    SPC has SLIGHT risk for severe weather tomorrow for about the eastern half of OK.

Looks like storms could develop directly over I-35 and push east. Per usual, morning convection and cloud cover will entail a lot about what happens in the afternoon.
    Morgan is hyping tomorrow. I don't really see what there is to hype. I guess it's the first real setup of any kind.

Everyone is hyping it up. Every lead in to the weather from regular news is hyping it. Heard it at 6 in the morning on Monday from channel 9 every time they were going to weather and/or break to weather. Makes people watch. simple as that.

Showers and maybe a rumble or two of thunder should develop over NW TX in the next few hours and move across OK, if development occurs - it should be minor.

If the morning starts out clear skies, we could be in for a busy afternoon. Boundary lines forecasted by computer models tend to be placed too far east, too early. So if storms do develop, look for them to be just west, or directly along I-35. Hail will be the main concern especially across C OK where explosive development is possible.

I will update in the AM once we have an idea with morning convection possibilities and cloud cover thickness. Also of course where the dryline is located.

I'm just going to have to ignore the local meteorologists or this is going to be a long, miserable spring. SPC usually keeps the risk in perspective, without the hype. KOCO is the worst with its "Elevated tornado risk" for tomorrow.

Mike Morgan has the OKC area under a moderate risk for tomorrow. SPC still has a slight risk.

^Not worried about tomorrows weather stuff,there will be one that is worrisome, but they gotta have a reason to pump their helicopters, new storm chase trucks, etc..

Thread Information