Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 105 Degrees (closed)

Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just can't eat at a restaurant that is located less then 100 yards from a grave yard.
    Why? I dont even pay any attention to the grave yard.

2. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

It's a very nice graveyard. LOL
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

on the bright side, if ever there was a foodie haus near a boneyard that would be safe to dine in, a meatless venue such as this one oughta qualify.

As for me, I'll be the smiling chap who is elsewhere eating ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just can't eat at a restaurant that is located less then 100 yards from a grave yard.
    less waiting time for us that don't mind. are you the same ronronnie that wears 70's polyester suits and still does voiceovers?

Notice how Tulsa's News6 tries to spin it off as an "Oklahoma" accomplishment and not so much OKC.

I had dinner here Friday night. I'll be honest, was expecting cuisine to rate a 5 out of 10. Left very happy and gave it a 9. They are doing some amazing things at 105 degrees; everyone should give them a shot.

Should this thread be moved to "food/restaurants"?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    I had dinner here Friday night. I'll be honest, was expecting cuisine to rate a 5 out of 10. Left very happy and gave it a 9. They are doing some amazing things at 105 degrees; everyone should give them a shot.

Should this thread be moved to "food/restaurants"?
    No. It should not. 105Degrees represents more than a restaurant to this city. Let's leave it on the main board for a while.

Why? It is still culinary and a restaurant. I agree with Tuck, it should go in the food section of this webswite.

Why? Isn't it obvious?

This isn't just a "restaurant" opening. This is a major event for the city attracting worldwide attention.

I'm sorry, but there are no other restaurants as important to the city's global image as 105degrees right now, so it deserves wider discussion than the food board.

Because some vegan restaraunt shows up, somehow OKC's image gets a global image boost? I doubt it. And if that's the case, move it to current events or the politics section before the meatatarians come complaining....

I agree with Tuck, it should go in the food section.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkater View Post
    Because some vegan restaraunt shows up, somehow OKC's image gets a global image boost? I doubt it. And if that's the case, move it to current events or the politics section before the meatatarians come complaining....

I agree with Tuck, it should go in the food section.

It's not because it's a vegan restaurant. It's because it's a restaurant involving one of the world's foremost vegan chefs.

We don't have any other world-renowned chefs involved in local restaurants.

It's also the only raw food academy in America. That is newsworthy.

Ate lunch there today. Very good food and excellent service. Will definitely return. Parking could be a problem.

care to post an actual review of the food?

God help me.
    I am going to eat tofu later this week.
    I hope my inners will forgive me.lol

16. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

Yeah I agree that it's newsworthy enough for the main forum. The Food Court is barely read. I know I never go in there.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Notice how Tulsa's News6 tries to spin it off as an "Oklahoma" accomplishment and not so much OKC.
    You know it's big when the Tulsa media stoops to cover an OKC story. Maybe we'll actually get a story in "Oklahoma" Magazine that's not at the very back.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I thought the two major print/news outlets were now sharing some staff, with both outlets covering more of the other city as part of that cooperative effort?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I thought the two major print/news outlets were now sharing some staff, with both outlets covering more of the other city as part of that cooperative effort?
    They share stories so the staffs can focus more on their areas.

19. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

That wasn't from the World.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

care to post an actual review of the food?
    My son and I happened to be nearby before 11:30 so we took the opportunity to explore both the center and the restaurant.

The Curve is much larger than I thought. It is definitely under construction but even so it is obvious that it is designed to be a memorable and enjoyable space. We walked around a few minutes and discovered more details in the process that increased our respect for the development. Enough is done to let the imagination guess at the outcome. I suspect this may be one of those projects that requires a good deal of intestinal fortitude to begin with very little initial tenant support; but, will gain future and widespread admiration. Not many developers could undertake such a project.

We parked on the opposite side of the lot from the restaurant and both of us wondered where people would park if all the stores were leased.

As we entered the restaurant we were warmly greeted and seated. The design was immediately appealing to me with great attention to detail and wonderfully straight, clean lines. It was very cozy with the tables quite close but not really uncomfortably so.

The juice bar area was directly opposite the entrance we used. The noise from the juicers was noticeable and initially distracting but faded into the background. There are a lot of hard surfaces.

The menus were unique and definitely fit the restaurant by contributing to the light and airy feel. We commented on the absence of cents and dollar signs and wondered why it wasn't more widespread. Of course, it was also hard to ignore the prices. It is not a lunch place for the budget conscious diner.

Our server was informative, helpful, and attentive and made us feel at ease. She brought water without ice in short but very nice tumblers. She also explained that the restaurant was gluten and dairy free and the "cheeses" were made from nuts. I asked if they could accommodate those with allergies to certain spices and she said they'd definitely try. I liked my cloth napkin very much and I noticed the quality of the silverware.

I ordered the Spicy Sushi which seemed very much like a California roll except not of course. I thought it was excellent. It was served with soy sauce (I think but didn't ask), wasabe, and ginger. Everything was just right for me. I believe it was $8.

Next I enjoyed the Lasagna which was layered with zucchini and tomatoes and other vegetables. I think it was $12.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the presentation of the food. Both dishes were works of art and far exceeded any expectations I had. I thought the time between plates was pretty good considering the artfulness of the presentation and the quality of the food. But it is not fast by any means.

I wanted to take some home to share so I asked for a box. They have take out and the little boxes are quite nice.

The portions are not large especially by our current standards.

My food was satisfying but not overly filling.

There was a bit of an aftertaste that lingered but I personally did not find it unpleasant.

It is definitely not the right place for the committed carnivore but I hope a few do try it just for the experience. All in all I enjoyed it very much and am anxious to take my wife for a nice evening meal.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Yeah I agree that it's newsworthy enough for the main forum. The Food Court is barely read. I know I never go in there.

You know it's big when the Tulsa media stoops to cover an OKC story. Maybe we'll actually get a story in "Oklahoma" Magazine that's not at the very back.
    Notice the byline? Its not written by Tulsa media, it was picked up from News9

And we know how credible News9 is for information......NOT.

less waiting time for us that don't mind. are you the same ronronnie that wears 70's polyester suits and still does voiceovers?
    OMG You saw that too? I've had this screenname for years now - using it on various message boards in the past. I happened to see that commerical for "ronronnieron" the other day and almost fell out of my chair.

Edit: Ugh, I'm such a retard. You're talking about the Price is Right guy, right? I was totally thinking of something else. Oh, and this sushi place sounds interesting, now that I think of it. I'll just have to pick it up and eat it at home though.

Default 105 Degrees

Anyone been yet? Reviews?

Edit: found thread on Metro Area Talk board

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...vegan-okc.html
    Last edited by crouchingliger; 09-16-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: found thread

My husband and I went Tuesday night. I am a vegetarian he is not. In fact he really only likes about 3 vegetables. My recommendation is not to take the person who only likes 3 vegetables and will only eat pasta if it is hot. He only found one thing on the menu he would even try and he hated it. That was him, now my review. It was so foreign to me to look at a menu and be able to choose anything. I usually am limited to at most 4-5 things and at a lot of places I have one choice. I usually try to vary my palette by going to multiple places. I had a salad which included mixed greens, walnuts and fresh figs. It was very good. For my main course I had the tamales which came with 2 sauces and a guacamole with mangos in it. I love mangos and guacamole so what could be better? I had a few bites of the vegetable lasagne and loved the flavors. In fact I preferred this dish over the tamales. Overall the menu is very imaginative but perhaps a bit pricey. Our total bill with tip was close to $60 with a glass of wine, one salad and two entrees. Almost every table was occupied when we left at 7 so they seem to be doing well for now at least. Now I just need to find myself a different dinner companion for those days that I want to go to 105 degrees.

Thread Information