Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hideaway Pizza

Patrick Guest

Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I thought that never materialized.
    You know, you're right. I guess Fudruckers discovered the spirit of the south side and opted out of the deal.

2. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

Quote Originally Posted by BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe View Post
    Pizza Hut has the best pizza in the city in my opinion.
    OMG hold on I have to clean up this barf I got all over myself.

Even throwing out all but the fast food pizza chains, Pizza Hut is among the worst.

Give me Mazzio's, Papa Johns, Pizza Inn, or even Little Ceasar's over that tasteless, sauceless crap.

YEA!!!! I'll be about 1/2 way between the one on Western and this one. TWO choices for my Paradise Pie fetish!!

The only good Hideaway Pizza is at the original. It is confirmed they cook the pies differently at the franshised locations than they do at the original.

The last time I went to the one on Western is the last time I'll ever visit a non-original Hideaway. The crust was all doughy and thick; the pie was overrunning with bad pizza sauce and the cheese did not taste fresh.

It was crafted like a Papa John's pizza. If you've ever had good pizza -- like you find in NYC or virtually any other big city -- you wouldn't be praising the tripe that is Hideaway.

5. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

One word....... Falcone's

I will soon put it to the test wildman...I will be impressed if it is better than Hideaway

Hope it is!

7. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

it is without a doubt

gee, i wonder if you'd be a bit biased towards falcone's, wildman! ; )

i like the pizza at falcone's and the pizza at hideaway... they're just two very different ways of doing the same thing. to me, they're both good pizza. i'm gonna have to swing by the new bricktown location soon... if not today! -M

Falcone's and Hideaway are equally good, but they are completely different. I am partial to NY style pizza with the big slices and thin style crust so I lean towards Falcones.

Also the meatball sub along with the tomato basil at Falcones is as good as it gets.

Falcone's and Pizzeria Uno are both better than hideaway

11. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

And both are completely different kinds of pizza from Hideaway.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    And both are completely different kinds of pizza from Hideaway.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    Falcone's and Pizzeria Uno are both better than hideaway

14. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

Another Northwest Highway update:

FYE (For Your Entertainment), which vacated Penn Square (and the market as far as I'm aware) has opened in the former Wherehouse Music next to City Bites at Wilshire and NW Highway. Glad to see they haven't abandoned OKC. I like FYE because they have the scanners that allow you to listen to samples of any CD.

15. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

I have not had Falcone's so for now it is Hideaway for eat-in and Papa Murphy's for take home. Both delicious!!

Hideaway's pizza is pretty good... but even better is The Wedge Pizzeria on Western (owned by the Deep Fork Group). I really think you get what you pay for there --- it is a little more than Hideaway, you'll pay $13-15 for a 12-inch pizza. In fact, I'm going there tonight!

Back to Topic: The Hideaway is coming along mega slow. I haven't even noticed any progress yet.

As far as Immortal said, Papa Murphy's take out is the best pizza around..........mmmmmm....if you get one, try it with the creamy garlic sauce...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Back to Topic: The Hideaway is coming along mega slow. I haven't even noticed any progress yet.

As far as Immortal said, Papa Murphy's take out is the best pizza around..........mmmmmm....if you get one, try it with the creamy garlic sauce...
    Where is there a Papa Murphy's around here? Is that the place where you take it home and bake yourself?

Papa Murphys is located SW 119th and Western Ave. , east of western on 119th.

Yes it is the take home and bake pizza place. I haven't been there myself , but I have heard it is very good. You pick your toppings , crust , and sauces.

Take and Bake, or you can freeze it and bake it later.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post

Yes it is the take home and bake pizza place. I haven't been there myself , but I have heard it is very good. You pick your toppings , crust , and sauces.

ahhh....no wonder I hadn't seen it - I don't get to the south side that much! But maybe someday I will have to venture out and try it. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post

We should see some progress in the near future. I noticed the sale had finally closed this past week because it was listed in the Oklahoman. Football season is big for pizza sales. I would hope their goal is to be open by September.

The old chili's location will only need a coat of paint and some minor cosmetic work. After that it is just a matter of moving in the kitchen equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post

Actually the first one in the metro was on Danforth and I think that's Kelly? It's in that same shopping center as the SuperWalmart in Edmond. Yes, Papa Murphy's is the place where they make it and you take it home and bake it. Think Subway only for pizza. They place all the ingredients and toss the dough right there in front of you. They are very cheap for the amount you get. Normally I can eat a whole large thin crust pizza from Papa Johns by myself (and I'm a skinny white guy). At Papa Murphy's, two slices and I'm done. The slices are generous, the crust is huge and can be stuffed with cheese. I prefer the creamy garlic sauce although they have several different types of sauces. All the varieties I've tried have been excellent, better than Falcones I'd say. I also was talking to the manager and he said they were opening another location up soon on NW Expressway.

Look for it to open in Oct.-Nov. area, per my digging.

I will have to agree with you on the Oct-Nov time frame.

I looked over at the building while I was in traffic on NW Hwy today. The sun was shining in just right and it looks like they have the dining area is completely gutted wall to wall. Nothing but support poles and bare walls.

This place still hasn't seen a lick of progress from what I can tell. SuperScooper, the dining area was completely gutted from wall to wall after Chili's moved out. I'm guessing the leasing company or Chili's did this when they moved out along time ago. It wasn't gutted out anytime while Hideaway had leased it. I haven't seen any cars in the parking lot or anything and I drive by at least twice a week. Not sure if this one is still a go or going to be on target.

Thread Information