Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where did you live?

Default Re: Where did you live?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBent View Post
    Just west of NW 36th and May. Was such a great area then. Now, there's spots that are OK and spots that I don't like to go into.
    I worked at the Little Jim's c-store in that neighborhood back in 1968. It was the busiest store in the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by TOWNHERO View Post
    Hey OSU Cowboy, so you graduated in 71, I graduated in 70. Did you know there is a web page that has CHHS year books from 1967-1971. The url is
    [url=http://chhs69.com/YearBook.htm[/url]
    I didn't know that but I've got 69-71 buthad friends whose siblings who I'd like to look up. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Mesta Park on NW 19th Street ...

It's in the phone book, so no worries about disclosure.
    What a beautiful house, Doug. It really is.

4. Default Re: Where did you live?

Thanks, Mug, my wife and I have really enjoyed living here in Mesta Park. Living in a house built in 1910 does have some issues from time to time, but, that's OK. It's really not a fancy place and, from the street, looks bigger than it is. It's just about right for 2 adult people who haven't figured out how to get rid of accumulated stuff just yet ...

My wife gets full credit for the flowers ... there weren't any present at the location shown in the picture when we first moved here around 12-13 or so years ago.

Doug, Your wife has done a beautiful job in her landscaping. I grew up in Spencer and sad to say my childhood home looks like hammered dog doo doo.
    http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...12565001sA.jpg

Lived at NE 23rd and North Hiwassee. House town down to build a bank. Went to Choctaw School, 6th thru 12th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePete View Post
    Lived at NE 23rd and North Hiwassee. House town down to build a bank. Went to Choctaw School, 6th thru 12th grade.
    What year did you graduate?

In my previous post, town should read torn.

I lived on NW 19th just West of Drexel until I was in the 3rd grade, we then moved to Tuttle, graduated in 1978 and now live in Norman, but spend 4--5 months per year at Tenkiller.

10. Default Re: Where did you live?

I grew up a few blocks north of 63rd and N May. I went to Burbank Elementary School, Hoover Jr High, and graduated from Northwest Classen in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I lived on NW 19th just West of Drexel until I was in the 3rd grade, we then moved to Tuttle, graduated in 1978 and now live in Norman, but spend 4--5 months per year at Tenkiller.
    Did you know Eula Bowers or Hunk Cobble?

NW 46th & Lee, (between Shartel & Walker). Horace Mann Elem. in the late 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    My dad grew up on 18th just west of Drexel. My grandmother lived in that house until the 90's. It was totally redone a few years ago and my mom and I toured it when it was for sale. I love that area. I spent much time at the park across the street.

I lived at 6457 Sterling Dr. North of NW 63 and a few blocks W of Meridian. Nice place to grow up. Left for Oregon in 1976 so I'm not sure what it's like now. Did visit in 95 for my 20th reunion. Went to Rollingwood elem., Hefner Jr. High and Putnam City High School( 75 ).

I think about OKC a lot, especially in the summer. Not a lot of summer here in Oregon.

Mike

I lived on Elwood Drive in Edmond, just down from Henderson Hills Baptist Church.

Prunepicker Guest

When we moved to the southside in 1959, S.W. 59th & S. May
    there was very little south of S.W. 66 or west of S. May.

Corner of Eubanks and Dewey - 1 block south of NW 36th. Sister went to Harding when a junior high - I was bussed to Northeast when it was only a high school. Class of '73 - go Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    Corner of Eubanks and Dewey - 1 block south of NW 36th. Sister went to Harding when a junior high - I was bussed to Northeast when it was only a high school. Class of '73 - go Vikings!
    I went to Harding in 9th grade, '67-'68, the last year it was a full high school. At that time we lived one block over from Paseo, NW 34th & Walker. Grandma lived at the NW corner of Harding's football field, NW 33rd & Olie.

After that I was bussed to NEHS for grades 10-12. Viking Class of '71! Woo-hoo! The only person I can remember in the sophomore class was Lisa Ziegelgruber.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    When we moved to the southside in 1959, S.W. 59th & S. May
    there was very little south of S.W. 66 or west of S. May.
    I moved to SW 44th & May area in 1974, and even that late in time there was hardly anything west of May. In fact there was a working horse ranch at the NW corner of that intersection until they built a Safeway about a quarter mile west.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpokc1957 View Post
    I lived at 6457 Sterling Dr. North of NW 63 and a few blocks W of Meridian. Nice place to grow up. Left for Oregon in 1976 so I'm not sure what it's like now. Did visit in 95 for my 20th reunion. Went to Rollingwood elem., Hefner Jr. High and Putnam City High School( 75 ).

I think about OKC a lot, especially in the summer. Not a lot of summer here in Oregon.

Mike

My wife lived at the corner of Sterling & Nicklas from 1972-74. PC Class of '74

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    I went to Harding in 9th grade, '67-'68, the last year it was a full high school. At that time we lived one block over from Paseo, NW 34th & Walker. Grandma lived at the NW corner of Harding's football field, NW 33rd & Olie.

After that I was bussed to NEHS for grades 10-12. Viking Class of '71! Woo-hoo! The only person I can remember in the sophomore class was Lisa Ziegelgruber.
    I knew Lisa! My maiden name was Moore. I didn't really come out of my shell until latter part of soph. year. No doubt we likely passed one another in hall.

Prunepicker Guest

I moved to SW 44th & May area in 1974, and even that late in
    time there was hardly anything west of May. In fact there was
    a working horse ranch at the NW corner of that intersection until
    they built a Safeway about a quarter mile west.
    I believe the Rowland's owned it. I remember the horses would
    be at the corner. Always wanted to own that property.

I was born at St. Anthony and went home to 1128 S. W. 37th. My mother and dad purchased it in 1940. My mother didn't leave there until the mid 70's.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I believe the Rowland's owned it. I remember the horses would
    be at the corner. Always wanted to own that property.
    You are correct. The Rowland's may still own the land.

My wife lived at the corner of Sterling & Nicklas from 1972-74. PC Class of '74
    Skyrick,

That was just down the street from me. We probably rode the same bus to PCHS.
    Small world.

Mike

Thread Information