Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

Default Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries possibly coming to OKC Spring 2011

An In-and-Out Burger would be nice in this area...great French Fries too...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sitting in a Five Guys right now. $9.44 total for a single-patty cheeseburger, small fries, and a small drink.

And they have Mr. Pibb from the fountain, too. Oh, snap.
    That's the problem with the price...Since the patties are small, I need a double and want to add bacon and regular, if not a large drink and fries. We're now pushing $15-$20. I can go to any other chain and get a better bacon burger with fries and a drink for usually around $12 total. I'll explain the differences below.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    not like either, but if you'd have to compare, it's closer to Steak N Shake with more of a diner, plain brown bag, no marketing gimmicks, no frills place with higher quality ingredients.
    Couldn't agree more. Five guys uses supermarket quality meat, which they don't freeze, smash it as thin as Whooper patty loosing precious juices and only OVERcook it to well done. Luckily the burgers are excessively high in fat, OVER 50% FAT or they'd be dried out. A regular hamburger is 700 calories, 400 is from fat. http://www.fiveguys.net/files/files/...lInfo_2009.pdf It's also cooked on a griddle which retains more fat than on an grill grate where the fat can freely drip away from the patty.

Any of the chains such as Outback, TGIFs, Chilies or even Red Robin use thick patties which they give you a choice of how you like it cooked. IMO, I rather save some money, have a thicker/juicier patty with less fat by skipping Five Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF View Post
    That's the problem with the price...Since the patties are small, I need a double and want to add bacon and regular, if not a large drink and fries. We're now pushing $15-$20. I can go to any other chain and get a better bacon burger with fries and a drink for usually around $12 total. I'll explain the differences below.
    That's cool if you don't like their burgers for whatever reason, but you're a little off on the price. One hamburger (double-patty) with bacon, one large fry, one large drink comes out to $12.67 at the store I visited. They only have two sizes for fries* and drinks so small = regular. There is no medium. Free refills on drinks so there's no real reason to get a large, but make the 20-cent splurge if you must.

As far as fries go, it's been mentioned, but they give you a ton of them. They fill the fry cup and dump a bunch more into the bag. Last week, I needed help finishing my small/regular order, and even then I still felt like I ate too much. A large order would no doubt be too much for even the fattest of fatties.

And speaking of fat, if you're that concerned about too much of it on your burger, you might think twice before ordering more fries:

Yikes.

*Was not aware they offered just the one serving of fries as it's not been on any of the menus that I've seen. I'll definitely ask about it the next time I go.

Default Five Guys

Don't know if this has been posted, but according to the Five Guys website, they are putting in a store at 19th Street and Telephone Road.

Coming to 19th Street and Telephone Road in Moore according to Five Guys' store locator.

That makes two whole reasons to ever step foot in the town of Moore. Until the next one opens up in OKC proper, that is. Then it's back down to one.

Yeah, there will be both Five Guys and Genghis Grill in Moore.

Default Re: Five Guys

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBob View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted, but according to the Five Guys website, they are putting in a store at 19th Street and Telephone Road.
    Yep see the " Lots east and west of Carl's Jr. " thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    It was my favorite burger when I lived in Orlando, but living here...we don't really need Five Guys. We have so many other LOCAL places that have a good burger that we just don't need a Five Guys. I confirmed this when I was in St. Louis in the Spring and decided to go to Five Guys since I had not been to one in about a year since leaving Florida, and I thought it was so-so. I decided that our selections here are great for a burger fix. For me, between RePUBlic and Flat Tire, I'm all set.

Besides, it so much better to support locally-based businesses, I know that franchise owners are local, but the business is not based here. Support Okla.-owned, operated, and based restaurants first and we'll develop a richer small business environment and a more solid local economy.

We were stuck in chain city being in Orlando (I was told that they are so popular there because families on vacation want familiar restaurants that they know their kids will eat at) and now we have so many great local restaurants from which to choose. We love it!
    Orlando has about 20x the amount of local places compared to OKC there is no reason to ever go to a chain place there ..

9. Default Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries possibly coming to OKC Spring 2011

That is not what we found at all. We lived down on the WDW side of town, so perhaps that is why we felt that way. Anyhow, we love the selection of restaurants here overall much,much better

forget 5 guys burgers, we needa in-n-out pronto

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    forget 5 guys burgers, we needa in-n-out pronto
    forget all the burger joints, let's just eat raw meat and go carpaccio style.....

Had a five guys burger in fargo ND during the OU-Texas game. it was a messy thing to eat. i would call it average quality. Got it to go so i've got no idea what the in store atmosphere is like. How bout that, Fargo ND has a five guys before OKC. They also have a Space Aliens http://www.spacealiens.com/front.php restaurant and a Taco Johns or twelve. Not sure who ends up ahead all said and done...

Blog Entries

I've been a 5 G fan a long time, frequenting them in Washington DC and NYC. Contrary to some reporting here, burgers are well sized and delicious and average prices. Fries are plentiful, good and also cheap. All meat and potatoes high quality and fresh...no frozen.

I'd always rather frequent a local, but if others don't step up, I am glad 5 G is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Had a five guys burger in fargo ND during the OU-Texas game. it was a messy thing to eat. i would call it average quality. Got it to go so i've got no idea what the in store atmosphere is like. How bout that, Fargo ND has a five guys before OKC. They also have a Space Aliens http://www.spacealiens.com/front.php restaurant and a Taco Johns or twelve. Not sure who ends up ahead all said and done...
    Edmond used to have a Taco Johns, but agree with the last thing you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I've been a 5 G fan a long time, frequenting them in Washington DC and NYC. Contrary to some reporting here, burgers are well sized and delicious and average prices. Fries are plentiful, good and also cheap. All meat and potatoes high quality and fresh...no frozen.

I'd always rather frequent a local, but if others don't step up, I am glad 5 G is coming.
    I agree with your assessment! 5G size of their burgers are nice sized fresh cut fries and the prices are good for the amount and quality one gets.

Default five guys in unp?

the new brochure shows them located next to zios, gamestop, etc. any time table on this?

http://www.priceedwards.com/files/fl...Park-flyer.pdf

Default Re: five guys in unp?

Their website shows a "coming soon" location on 19th street in Moore.

They have just opened a location near me in California. My East Coast friends raved about it but I found it disappointing.

Very similar to In-n-Out (simple menu and fresh ingredients) but much more expensive. Probably double the cost of In-n-Out. However, the do allow unlimited add-ons to your burger, and there are many.

ive been to a few in texas, and i loved it. either way, im glad the metro is getting another option.

I eat it here in GA and love it.

Default Five Guys

Has anyone heard if Five Guys Burgers and Fries is coming to Moore?

Going in this year on 19th and Telephone

So in 1/2 mile you'll have McDonalds, Carl Jrs, Braums, Burger King, Whataburger, Jack-in-the Box and now Five Guys, I expect the new Heart center on I-240 to get very busy.

Definitely need some more full blown restaurants instead of more fast food...Can still squeeze in a Bueno thank you

Always room for a roach coach to park somewhere.

25. Default Re: Five Guys

Wouldn't it be nice to have a McD on the top floor of the Devon Tower? There could be a huge McD double arch on top. :-O

Thread Information