Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Classen

Default Re: The Classen / Tanenbaum's newest project

Thanks for all the info., metro.

All his developments have been pretty inspired and have given people in OKC some new choices, which is great.

Default The Classen

I was driving by the Citizens Tower (the gold building next to the gold dome) this week. They have a banner on the side about the new condos, and their website. www.theclassen.com It said Condos start from $145K to $225K. The website says there will be 80 condos, but the listings on the website have only 5, all in the $140k-$150K range. I guess that means the rest of the building is already sold. I'm glad something is finally happening in that building, and this will give midtown a real boost.

Default Re: The Classen

There is much more information on The Classen in other threads. Look around.

As far as units available, click on the 'pricing' tab on the main page, that will show you the rates for the different floor plans/floors.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by russellc
    I was driving by the Citizens Tower (the gold building next to the gold dome) this week. They have a banner on the side about the new condos, and their website. www.theclassen.com It said Condos start from $145K to $225K. The website says there will be 80 condos, but the listings on the website have only 5, all in the $140k-$150K range. I guess that means the rest of the building is already sold. I'm glad something is finally happening in that building, and this will give midtown a real boost.
    Actually none of the tower has sold yet. The rest of the floors just aren't developed yet. They're still working on it. So far, only 5 condos are complete.

This will be quite an upscale complex. Glad to see it.

Yes, Russel, you may want to check the original Classen, Tanenbaums newest thread that I started about a month ago. It has all the detailed information, I took a tour and will be taking another shortly. The thread as well as another also mentioned several other new projects Tanenbaum is working on that have not yet been announced

Patrick Guest

Default The Classen

If you haven't seen the website for The Classen, you might check it out: www.theclassen.com. There's some pretty nice photos on there.

Here are a few:

Patrick Guest

Here are some pics from the tower itself:

Patrick Guest

Patrick Guest

Patrick Guest

I just got a call from George Massey, with Remax...he's marketing The Classen. He said they've had such an overwhelming response for condos, only people are requesting larger condos. Originally, there was supposed to be a mix of 1 bed and 2 bed condos, but Tannenbaum has redrawn the configurations including more 2 bed condos. Floors 3-17 will consist of four 2 bed, 2 bath condos per floor, with 1 bed penthouse condos on the upper 3 floors. Although there will be less selection in the way of floor plans, having larger condos will actually be a plus for the complex. It means there's a greater chance that the condos will remain in the hands of owners instead of being bought up by investors. Investors tend to like to buy up a mix of 1 bed and 2 bed units, as that makes it easier to lease. Having predominantly 2 bed units will decrease the appeal to investors, leaving the appeal to homeowners.

Good stuff, Patrick. I drive by the Classen everyday and have been following its progression. It will be really nice to see it lit up and occupied and I think it's a great addition to the neighborhood.

I hope they are successful with the retail spaces as well.\

Do you know what they are doing with Dooley's? Is that where the gym is going?

Just wanted to provide an update:

With our reconfiguration process from five condos per floor to four, we are not on our original completion track. Receiving permits for the different construction, etc., always takes more time than any of us anticipated. We are now projecting a March 1 (on our before) move in and closing for the first group of buyers.

The building has now been totally prepared for the new inner construction to begin and the Model Condominium (Third Floor-East) has its walls in place and will receive it's final inspections very soon for completion. The Model and Sales Center should be open by mid-November and we have begun our Pre-Sales process and now have condominiums under contract. The Gardner-Tanenbaum Group is offering as incentives to our first ten buyers prior to November 11, a washer and dryer and a storage unit.

As we drive by THE CLASSEN now, we can see workers have begun the painting of the building's exterior to bring it back to its original lustre. This is a four tiered process that will include a primer coat, two coats of paint and a sealer. Every aspect of the plumbing, electrical and chiller system (heating and cooling) will be brand new. The York chiller system will be state-of-the-art and the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group has even puchased a second unit that will remain in it's crate as a back-up. The Architectural firm from Dallas has provided wonderful new plans for the Open Air Amenities (Shaded Deck, Water Feature, Walking/Jogging Track, Basketball, Tennis and Volleyball courts, a putting course, driving range, Barbeque Grills and sitting areas.)

If you would like to make an appointment to come in, even for a second time, for a Private Presentation to see our three color schemes, then take a tour of our model in progress, please call our office (405.843.8448/800.749.8866). We do have access to the building for tours at select times during the day and will have set hours when the model and sales center are complete. Those that have had the opportunity to visit Mr. Tanenbaum's very successful conversion of the former Montgomery Ward building at Main and Walker (now THE MONTGOMERY), will certainly appreciate the superb quality he will bring to THE CLASSEN.

We hope you will take the opportunity to visit our website (www.theclassen.com) for additional informatioin and please do not hesitate to call if you have additional questions. If you would like to have your name removed from our updates listing, please let us know. We do look forward to seeing you and will send photos of our progress very soon.

Here is an update I received on THE CLASSEN. I also have some interior photos I can email someone if they are willing to post them.

We have now been given some dates by the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group that I wanted to allow. Our
    model condominium (Third Floor East) will be completed by the April 3 and the closings and possessions to
    take place by September 1. Everyone curently in our Data Base will have the first opportunity to view
    the models and the other three floor plans (North, South and West). Those three residences will be dry-
    walled so that you could see the correct room dimensions. Our Sales Center in the Retail Area will be
    completed very near the April 3 date. All of the Amenities areas (Outdoor and First Floor Parking area)
    will also be near completion.

The Retail area is taking shape and the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group is making every effort to include businesses
    and retail that would benefit our home owners. Plans and negotiations continue for a Coffee Shop, possibly
    a small restaurant, some retail businesses, and Hair Salon and a Newspaper/Magazie shop.

It was a wonderful opportunity for us last month to be included in the Mesta Park Holiday Home Tour where
    we met over 500 people. You will notice I have attached some photos made during that weekend. I
    have included a View from the Living/Dining area of the East residence, plus a view of the Kitchen, a Storage
    Unit and a few of our painters working on the outside of the building. In the future, I will put these on a
    Power Point Slide Presention that you will be able to download for easier viewing.

Should you wish to have your name deleted from our update, please let me know. We look forward to
    assisting you very soon and please feel free to call with any questions.

You can email them to me:

swooshou at yahoo

I'll make a page featuring them.

sent, please post them in this thread if at all possible

Unfortunately, I don't know how to put the images in this thread. But, like I said I made a page for them.

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/PhotoAlbum5.html

If you can get them in here since they are now hosted, go for it.

17. Default Re: The Classen

Here you go.

Patrick Guest

Very nice! Thanks Luke for taking the time to hook us up with these pics.

yes, thanks guys for posting these pics for me, I couldn't get them to upload

Default The Classen - official thread

My girlfriend and I went to the private open house of The Classen this weekend. I must say I was more impressed than I thought I would be. I know they are more than a year behind schedule but the model unit was amazing and the views were excellent from only the 3rd floor. We also got to check out the outdoor amenities such as the walking trail, volleyball/basketball courts, putting green, driving range, and more! This place is going to be like living in a 5 star hotel. Much like the high-end highrise condo units in Vegas and Miami. I just might have to invest in one of these in a year or two. The basement features the conceirge, lap pool, jacuzzi, mailroom, business center, storage units, private garages, and much more! First Class all the way!!

P.S. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Default Re: The Classen - official thread

Sounds nice!

Patrick Guest

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Glad to hear they are doing it right.

The views are certainly a big selling point.

As I said, I went last weekend for the private open house. I got this email today for any of you who may want to check it out, I highly recommend going but dress properly please. For privacy sake, I blotted out my name although most of you know it.

Dear xxxxx,

We enjoyed meeting over 75 people last weekend at The Classen and others have called to ask
    if we could have another this weekend. Our next Open House will be this Saturday, May 27th
    from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.

A Virtual Tour was taken of the model (Third Floor East) and our Outdoor Sports Amenities
    yesterday, and I will make sure your receive word when it is available on the website. Again,
    we will not open the model and Sales Center to the public until the Sales Center is completed
    and the other residences on the Third Floor have been white-boxed.

I just took a tour of the model residence at the Classen. Definitely nice - the usual finishings we are used to seeing with new condos these days. The one drawback - I still felt the floorplan is a little small. I don't think my wife and I would have enough room to keep our furniture (which isn't too much as we live in a 1500 sq ft apartment right now).

The view from the 18th floor was awesome. The view from the lower floors was decent, we looked at the north unit on the 10th floor. You have a nice view of downtown, but there are three huge parking lots that dominate most of the view.

I think they are priced reasonably (unlike the Montgomery condos) but the one drawback there is a $700/month HOA fee. That includes all utilities but is still significant.

Thread Information