Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

1. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

What were your thoughts on Jeff Huston?

Me and Ingersoll over at DSM were having an interesting conversation on him...

Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Okie Spartan View Post
    What were your thoughts on Jeff Huston?

Me and Ingersoll over at DSM were having an interesting conversation on him...
    This makes me wonder about the conversations you have about me over there ..

Jeff's a friend of mine..And I've always appreciated his enthusiasm and love for Omaha and the entire midwest. He represents our city very well..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

3. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

If you say so. As for you, yeah you can only imagine the conversations.....

Just kidding, of course. I think you're pretty cool cat...

4. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Cowboy View Post
    Hot Rod posted:

'And no, you need to get your facts straight. Most Major Cities have way more Local than Chains!! You stated that Omaha was the mecca for chain test market and I said that it could be that your market is smaller than OKC since test markets are set up in smaller markets (so as to avoid setup costs that would be higher in large markets).'..

NEVER did I say this (show me though..I'd like to see)..And NO..This was not the purpose of this thread..One I started here over a month ago..The PURPOSE was to inform..And you seem to be takng offense! But your also seem to be very good at selective reading and making sweeping generalizations..

You also post:

'Most people from smaller towns do what you did, in cheerleading for their town at the expense of another. Most of the time, the cheers are unfounded and nobody really cares.'..

I have never 'cheerleaded' Omaha on this forum. Just informed. Even though you say you live in Seattle..You obviously have a vested interest in OKC and for some reason, are getting your panties in a bunch over what is ment was to be an INFORMTION thread about a market similar to both OKC and Tulsa (and it is..regardless of how you want to spin or rationalize it)..Interpret my postings howver you want..But your offensive posture is typical of a citizen of a city that has an inferiority complex..

Thankfully it is my belief this is not reflective of most Oklahoma Citians..

But keep digging yourself a hole if you want..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
    nope, I dont have any inferiority complex. And yes, I am originally from OKC residing in Seattle for 15 years (soon to move to downtown Chicago for obvious reasons).

I do have a "vested" interest in OKC and if I came across as offensive - please accept my apologies. But it also appears that your posts were cheerleading Omaha's efforts to attract national chains, ahead of both OKC and Tulsa.

And the statements I made about major cities having way more local restaurants and venues than national chains is true. If you travel to any city larger than Omaha, you will discover that most if not all "chain" restaurants locate in the suburbs surrounding a large city - but in fact, in the major city its all local.

Chicago, Seattle, San Fran, New York, OKC, on and on. And the ONLY reason why OKC even has ANY chains in its 'city limits' is because OKC's limits include many suburban areas. All of the chains are in the suburbs nonetheless, while local restaurants are in the inner city.

That was my statement and I was wondering if you were truly interested in "Informing" us for the benefit of a more urban OKC or were you trying to boost Omaha "by saying, Oh you guys finally getting that - Omaha had it for X years, you'll like it.. stuff"

I mean, its not like people from OKC are so behind the times that they dont go to other areas that have these places - that they'd require such a critique and plug for Omaha. While you might think that is information, suburban Seattle/Tacoma has chains but I never come on here with that type of boosterism - its not very helpful to OKC.

On the contrary, if you were to say something more like "Y restaurant, oh yes we have one here in Omaha and the food is X, the service is Z, and I think it has made a pos impact on our city because of 'this' or 'that', I think it could/could not work in OKC because of 'what'". That would be a very constructive approach and would offer an opinion that OKC could build on - and doesn't booster Omaha (although obviously you all have the place already). It also would encourage dialog through questions to you about the venue or a request for suggestions on how OKC could make it work.

Nope, you dug the hole not me - now, Im helping you out of it. Like I said, most people in OKC are from elsewhere or "at least" get around, so they are well aware about restaurants that OKC doesn't yet have. Let's be more constructive as you will probably see that OKC has a lot to offer Omaha as well - with takeaways that you can give to your fellow posters over there.

I hope that helps clarify.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

5. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Fix your signature.

6. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

thanks Hokie, for some reason - the smiley stopped working. Weird.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

7. Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Beats me. Looks like we still have the same smileys...

Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

Nope, you dug the hole not me - now, Im helping you out of it. Like I said, most people in OKC are from elsewhere or "at least" get around, so they are well aware about restaurants that OKC doesn't yet have. Let's be more constructive as you will probably see that OKC has a lot to offer Omaha as well - with takeaways that you can give to your fellow posters over there.

I hope that helps clarify.
    The post I submitted, and you are now 'clarifying', was written by yours truly over 15 MONTHS ago (07/11/2005)..You're kidding..Right??

Hello? McFly??..Been there..Done with..I thought we already talked about this via PM exchange WAAAY back then..

But thanks for the belated 'clarification' I guess..

Don't tell me it's 15 months later and you still misinterpret the spirit and intent of my initial posting?..

C'mon..

Lets move on to revelant discussion..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Thread Information