Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nativity Movie

Default Re: The Nativity Movie

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Religion should be discussed. It's not a facet of our society that can just be pushed aside. Politics are the same way. It's when the two mix that problems occur.

AIDS is a difficult issue--should we not talk about that? Or the growing worldwide obesity epidemic? Women's rights? Minority rights? All difficult issues, like religion...difficult to talk about, difficult to agree on...but they still need to be discussed.

If religions wasn't discussed, or challenged, then we'd still be living in the Dark Ages version of Christianity. Is that what you want?

Why discuss it if no one is ever going to agree with each other?..it is just a waste of time because no one will ever see it the same as the other guy...for instance what do you beleive in?...do you beleive there is a GOD or a Superior being?..do you beleive in Heaven and Hell or just some form of afterlife?...I do not beleive in Hell but just different comfort zones of Heaven...a loving GOD would not send anyone to a firery eternity...just as a loving parent would never want their children to die in a firey car crash..Same as politics...if you really beleive that your vote counts think again..politicians are going to do what benefits them not you..

[QUOTE=bandnerd;77543]

AIDS is a difficult issue--should we not talk about that? Or the growing worldwide obesity epidemic? Women's rights? Minority rights?QUOTE]

And please do not get me started here.....what about normal white guy rights?...we dont seem to have them since we have to bend over to make gays and minorities and every other whiney ass crybaby group or ethnic background group comfy and give into their every demand..do not even get me started

3. Default Re: The Nativity Movie

So.....women shouldn't have rights, or we shouldn't talk about them?

Sorry, I couldn't help but say that. You obviously have a soapbox here, and so do I. I will instead choose to bow out of this thread because I evidently hit a bit of a button with you and this isn't really what this thread is about, anyway.
    Still corrupting young minds

4. Default Re: The Nativity Movie

Thank you Curt! and Bandnerd you are also correct, you do not just PUSH it aside, it is though something that will always be contriversial, so what.............that is life.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    So.....women shouldn't have rights, or we shouldn't talk about them?

Sorry, I couldn't help but say that. You obviously have a soapbox here, and so do I. I will instead choose to bow out of this thread because I evidently hit a bit of a button with you and this isn't really what this thread is about, anyway.
    Everyone that is willing to contribute to society in a positive way should have rights...no matter who they are...all I am saying is the normal white guy has fewer rights than any minority group in the world...even fewer rights the prisoners in some cases...hey I dont get to whine and cry because I didnt get crunchy peanut butter on my bread or my t.v doesnt work..Whether it be blacks, arabs, mexicans or women..those rights are protected and demands given into quicker than a normal white guys..just as where I work...women, blacks and other minorities are given promotions they dont deserve just because they are supposedly the minority...now those that deserve them should get them not based on anything but performance...not gender or race..where I work,(one of the used to be big three automakers until people started buying Hondas and Toyotas, thanks to all who buy them and threaten my job) there are special groups for gays, muslims, lesbians, blacks,women,asians,arabs,japanese,chinese,korean, etc....but no special group for the average hard working white guy.

6. Default Re: The Nativity Movie

Um.............................It is CHRISTMAS time, could we get along? Just kidding! We are ALL different is that not what makes this board so FUN....think about it, if we all agreed on EVERYTHING "oh yes Bandnerd I totally always agree with everything you say and I love the way you are so opinionated" HOW BORING.........we love the issues we all have with stuff that is why we come here!! I absolutely LOVE fighting with people that is why I am still married CHALLENGE! So I think we should keep talking about the things we do not agree on, because as someone said here it makes us WHO we are.

Thread Information