Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taco Bueno

Default Re: Taco Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I am not one to drive all over the place to grab a bite to eat especially when it means I have to pay $10 to park in Boozeville with a concrete drainage ditch.
    Hah, love it..Boozeville with a concrete drainage ditch. I actually LOL'd at that & totally agree with you. There are a few places in the area that I'm interested in trying but the inconvenience outweighs the benefit as far as I'm concerned. I was showing my fiance, who is from Tampa FL, around town once & drove thru Bricktown. He asked me about the canal and was like umm...people around here PAY to ride around in a ditch??

Back on topic to Taco Bueno. I've never eaten at the Bueno that started this thread and I'm not usually a fan (I prefer Mayo) but ended up eating at the Bueno in Moore over the weekend & their chicken tortilla soup was VERY good. Also tried a steak fajita taco, it was good too.

To qualify this statement let me first state that I will always prefer more traditionally crafted mexican meals, however, if in a hurry Taco Bueno in my opinion has a far better flavor profile and price point than any of its competitors. Now that doesn't mean cheapest, but cost to taste and quality.

I wish that they had them in Houston. They have them down the I-35 corridor all the way to New Braunfels, TX but not San Antonio, and not in Houston...I have to get my fix when I am on the road through those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    Hah, love it..Boozeville with a concrete drainage ditch. I actually LOL'd at that & totally agree with you. There are a few places in the area that I'm interested in trying but the inconvenience outweighs the benefit as far as I'm concerned. I was showing my fiance, who is from Tampa FL, around town once & drove thru Bricktown. He asked me about the canal and was like umm...people around here PAY to ride around in a ditch??

Back on topic to Taco Bueno. I've never eaten at the Bueno that started this thread and I'm not usually a fan (I prefer Mayo) but ended up eating at the Bueno in Moore over the weekend & their chicken tortilla soup was VERY good. Also tried a steak fajita taco, it was good too.
    Tell your boyfriend that Tampa is AKA "Tampon" lol. I used to live in the Westshore area of Tampa loved Florida and its wonderful beaches and weather but Tampa by far is the dirtest, nastiest city to live. Talk about a dead downtown and Bayshore Drive stinks like sulfur and the nasty bay! Anyway, not to get off topic but Taco Bueno is very popular fast food down here in Dallas. I also like their tortilla soup!!

What????? Tampa is a clean city, especially the clearwater area. As far as dead downtown, maybe the CBD at times, but did you go to Ybor? Another super clean city is Jacksonville.

He hasn't been living in Tampa by choice; he's in the Air Force & was moved there on a humanitarian when his father was diagnosed with leukemia, it's the closest base to where his folks live in Fort Lauderdale. He says there are a few areas that he likes but overall Tampa isn't his thing. We're moving to Utah next month, so we'll see if we like that better.

Back on topic though, what's the deal with Taco Bueno giving you a thousand containers of hot sauce? When I got my taco & soup, they asked if I wanted sauce, I said sure....came home & they had given me 15 of those little containers. Really? 15? for ONE taco and ONE cup of soup?? So wasteful!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    To qualify this statement let me first state that I will always prefer more traditionally crafted mexican meals, however, if in a hurry Taco Bueno in my opinion has a far better flavor profile and price point than any of its competitors. Now that doesn't mean cheapest, but cost to taste and quality.

I wish that they had them in Houston. They have them down the I-35 corridor all the way to New Braunfels, TX but not San Antonio, and not in Houston...I have to get my fix when I am on the road through those areas.
    In the past couple of years they opened a couple in Conroe and The Woodlands. They had plans for a few more in Houston, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    Back on topic though, what's the deal with Taco Bueno giving you a thousand containers of hot sauce? When I got my taco & soup, they asked if I wanted sauce, I said sure....came home & they had given me 15 of those little containers. Really? 15? for ONE taco and ONE cup of soup?? So wasteful!

Um...next time say, "Sure, I'll have one or two".

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    In the past couple of years they opened a couple in Conroe and The Woodlands. They had plans for a few more in Houston, but I don't know if that's still the case.
    Thanks for the heads up! I wan't aware that they had expanded this far south! Woohoo! Lets hope for more locations soon!

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    Oh no! What would we ever do without a Golden Corral and a Denny's. For real though, the restaurants you are talking about (taco bueno, golden corral and denny's) are some of the least attractive food destinations in OKC.
    i agree with all said, except Dennys...thats some good eatin', mate.

I prefer Taco Mayo anyday to Taco Bueno

Western Sizzlin is leagues better than Golden Corral.

Taco Bueno is just nasty beyond nasty, a friend that used to work there told me horror stories..that they add animal lard to their refried beans to make it thicker. That they let their "fresh" condiment station set out all day long, flies on the pico de gayo, salsa, chili sauce, onions, etc. Their guacamole is very gross.

When I used to eat there, if felt like I was eating nothing but muddy sludge with all that sour cream, guac, beans and cheese sauce. eeewww.

Taco Mayo has way less quality of products than Bueno.
    Western Sizzlin is probably the most underrated restaurant in the metro, good steaks for the money!
    Lard in refried beans, well guess what, almost every mexican place does that.
    Condiment station, about the same procedure anywhere you go.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Taco Mayo has way less quality of products than Bueno.
    Western Sizzlin is probably the most underrated restaurant in the metro, good steaks for the money!
    Lard in refried beans, well guess what, almost every mexican place does that.
    Condiment station, about the same procedure anywhere you go.
    I agree about Taco Mayo, it is gross!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Lard in refried beans,.
    Refried beans are supposed to have lard in them!

I know mug, I was stating that in regards to cobra's post!

Thread Information