Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle

1. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

And Chipotle is SOOOO much better.

Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

I recently received this response from Chipotle after I e-mailed them about expanding into OKC and/or Tulsa:

If all goes to plan, we hope to get started out there in Tulsa very late this year and OKC soon after. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

David Chrisman
    Mo'Joe
    Chipotle
    Sounds like no Chipotle in OKC until at least a year or so from now.

yeah or you could scroll up and see my email from them a few months ago. Looks like in there eyes, Edmond is not the same as OKC:

Thank you for your suggestion. We have plans to open in Edmond so I'm sure we'll get to Oklahoma City too someday. Hang in there!

Sincerely,
    Dawn Dillon
    Mojo Mama
    Chipotle

4. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I don't really understand why it has taken them so long to get into this market. Or anywhere in OK for that matter. They are all over the place in Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri...
    that is an interesting point, why does it take retailiers so long to locate to OKC, yet OKC was voted the "fast food capital of america."? You'd think given that distinction, there would be In N Out burger, Jack-in-the-box, Chipotle, Whitecastle, every fast food place would be here.

I think that fast food capital crap was heavily misleading. true OKC could be the fast food capital but to say that the city has more fast food than others is ludacrist.

that said, I am glad OKC does have lots of food choices. I hope the upscale and healthy choices continue to improve also.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I wish we could get some of those places- especially White Castle. In-N-Out won't ever locate here due to supply chain issues.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    yeah or you could scroll up and see my email from them a few months ago.
    Yeah, I saw that, but--silly me--I went ahead and posted anyway, since it was new information and all.

My mistake.

I agree with others. If Chipolte just hangs out and neglects this market they will end up losing it to competitors and we will not have any obligation at all to give Chipolte the time of day for making us wait.

If they do not think Oklahoma is important, likewise we will not think they are important either. It goes both ways and they had better realize that already.

I do like Chipolte's food, but so long as they refuse to acknowledge Oklahoma cities as a worthwhile market I will NOT be made to have any loyalty at all for their brand. They are nothing as far as I'm concerned so long as they keep wrongfully overlooking this market. If chains like Qdoba and others get more aggressive at taking advantage of the wide open Oklahoma market, my business will go with them since they insulted Oklahoma less.

That's really what it comes down to with these businesses who tease and taunt people in Oklahoma. They think they can encourage any kind of brand loyalty without putting up a "shingle" in this state. Well they need to think again. Chipolte is running on borrowed time as far as Oklahoma is concerned. If they do not overcome their flagrant ignorance and obvious prejudice against Oklahoma and start building some restaurants here, then I will not be a customer of theirs ever again in places where they do have stores (like in Texas and Colorado). They will lose my business. Period.

Even if they wait around and then start building after other chains build up similar concept stores in a number of Oklahoma cities, I will penalize them by not visiting their businesses because they chose to give the middle finger to Oklahoma. They get NO business from me by insulting my own home market. That is only how it will go. No negotiation. That is just how it is.

So, if anyone from Chipolte's management happens to see this post, they had better realize they need to get off the freaking pot and stop neglecting Oklahoma (and Arkansas and New Mexico) already and build some stores in those areas. Denver does not need 199,858,339 locations of Chipolte. It is already retarded for that city to have 50 or more locations at this point. Even if Chipolte was founded there. Oklahoma is worth at least a few locations. If Chipolte can't overcome their obvious snobbish attitude against Oklahoma then they will do without my business from here on out.

I am the customer and I am always right! Yarrrrgh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yeah, I saw that, but--silly me--I went ahead and posted anyway, since it was new information and all.

My mistake.
    Don't worry. And definitely post new information, I just wanted to clarify to others who may not have read since you made it seem like they weren't coming to the OKC market, just Tulsa, when they've already officially announced an Edmond location.

Locating the first metro outpost in Edmond doesn't seem to be too much of a departure from the Chipotle playbook - at least that much that I've seen. They're just now moving into the St. Louis market -- the third of the big burrito chains to do so (or fourth if you consider the addition of Red Burrito to existing Hardee's locations). Their first St. Louis metro location was in the far western section of St. Charles county (nearly 40 miles from downtown St. Louis and a good 20 from the metro population center point). In my estimation they move into a metro area's most rapidly expanding area (which St. Charles County clearly is) and then grow from there. I suppose they work on the theory that the folks moving into the booming areas are right in the heart of their target market -- boomers and post boomers with families and disposable income -- and thus they take the smallest risk while buying time to assess other sensible locations in the area. In any event, Chipotle is more than holding their own despite giving Moe's and Qdoba a year and a half head start. They are expanding left and right, opening a new shop just about every six weeks since the beginning of the year.

Assuming the Edmond location is a success, I would fully expect them to make their way into the City soon thereafter, probably working their way down from the northwest.

10. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

There is one of these in Wichita, the city I am currently in on a business trip. I may eat there while I am here.

11. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    There is one of these in Wichita, the city I am currently in on a business trip. I may eat there while I am here.
    Try a margarita if you're into that whole 1 part margarita mix, 4 parts tequila.

I saw in The Oklahoman yesterday that Chipotle is coming to Edmond in early 2008.

Yep Chipotle is on its way to Edmond.

For those who stated Oklahoma fast food capital this is true (actually Enid has more fast food restaurants per capita than any other city in the nation). Does it not make since we are considered one of the poorest States in the nation, so why would retailers and restaurants want to locate here if they hold a certain image. Sure its fast food but even Chipotle builds in high profile cities. If you look at all their location in Dallas most housing around them is above $100,000.

I am glad to see them coming to Oklahoma.

It seems like Oklahoma sometimes gets ignored by chains it shouldn't be ignored by. Higher end grocery chains refuse to locate in Oklahoma because of the liquor laws, but there is no reason other food and retail chains should wait so long to enter Oklahoma or stay out alltogether. Even Tulsa gets stuff before OKC usually. Why no Ben and Jerry's? Dave and Busters? Another place I really enjoy is Cafe Express.

I've always wondered if maybe its because OKC looks like a VERY low-dense city on paper because of all the rural areas within the city limit. Would it help if OKC de-annexed some of its rural territories (SE OKC east of Stanley Draper in particular)?

Chipotle will be on the SW corner of 15th/Broadway, just south of the Starbucks in a building w/AT&T, according to the sign on the lot... didn't see an opening date on it, but it's moving quickly...

16. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Open yet?! We ate there like 3 times on our Dallas trip a couple of weeks ago. Amazing guacamole but margaritas are too strong. I can't wait for this to open. I live in Moore and will so be driving to Edmond just for the food.
    If you can dream it, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I would like to see one in Norman as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    Chipotle would explode in Norman.
    There was an Atomic Burrito in Norman a couple years ago that was very similar to Chipotle. It had great food and did good business, but it was taken over by a larger chain that closed it. I believe it is a McAlister’s Deli now.

No CM, they are not open yet, they are still doing exterior work on the building, they should be starting on the interior very shortly, I'm guessing probably a February opening from the looks of it a few days ago.

i saw the sign in edmond for chipotle, I am sooooooo excited! we had 1 right by our house in dfw and I LOVE those burritos and chips. so unlike anything here (well, similar to the old atomic burrito in norman)

20. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

When I talked to the guys runnin the store they said it would be open in January, but things could have changed. I drove by there last night, looks like many of the overhead lights are up and interior work has started. I can't wait.

There's a Chipotle right up the street from my house here in Keller, TX. Ate there last night. love it.

Opens today!!!! mmmmmmmmmm.

23. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Freebirds is coming to Norman, it's better than Chipotle.

I've never heard of Freebirds. Is it worth the drive from Edmond to Norman??

25. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Well, I hate being in a car and hate driving even more, so I certainly wouldn't drive that far for a burrito. A killer steak or some damn good BBQ, yes, but a burrito? No. But then again I also will stare at my empty fridge for a month and eat crackers every day before I'll drive to a grocery store so I may not be the best one to ask

Thread Information