Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

I know this should probably have it's own thread, but one of the best car collections in the world resides right here in Oklahoma. It's in Ames, check it out -

Discover Oklahoma-Hajek Motorsports - YouTube

2. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    Coulda sworn I once saw James Harden in a Bentley. And here, not in Houston.
    Several players have had Bentleys. Chris Wilcox had a Bentley AND a Rolls Royce.

Saw KD driving a black Lambo a few years back. I bet they get their cars in Dallas and drive them back here or have someone else bring the cars to them. They are paying enough money, I am sure someone would be willing to get their car to them.

4. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

KD in a Lambo scares the bejeezus out of me. It is a well-documented fact that the guy can't drive a car. I have generally only seen him in the minivan or the Maybach, but have heard rumors of other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    KD in a Lambo scares the bejeezus out of me. It is a well-documented fact that the guy can't drive a car. I have generally only seen him in the minivan or the Maybach, but have heard rumors of other cars.
    This is the first I have heard of this. Has he had wrecks or something?

6. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Not that I am aware of, but there have been some videos around (interviews and such I think) where it is openly discussed and joked about, and even I think some of him struggling to do basic driving maneuvers IIRC. I chalked it up to just not having a lot of driving experience having grown up in a place/situation where he didn't need/have to drive. He also generally has people in his circle doing the driving, at least most times that I have seen him. But even if he has gained more experience since, jumping from being a bad driver to being an OK driver to being able to handle a supercar is a pretty big leap.

There are not too many people (especially who aren't close friends/family) whose personal well-being I care about so much. In fact I have a funny story about that...

I raced a Lambo Galardo on the course at Las Vegas and it's a hell of a rush, took a 90 degree corner at 95 mph... no problem.

8. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

KD has a white and black Audi R8 as well. I followed him out of downtown once.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	6950

Name:	photo_2.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	6951

These were taken at Jackie Cooper's May Avenue dealership in the early 90s. Always enjoyed seeing the Rolls-Royces parked outside. I sat in a bright red Bentley Turbo R here, too.

10. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    KD has a white and black Audi R8 as well. I followed him out of downtown once.
    I can confirm the car and the lack of driving skills. He cut me off in the Quail Springs area a few months back

11. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	6950

Name:	photo_2.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	6951

These were taken at Jackie Cooper's May Avenue dealership in the early 90s. Always enjoyed seeing the Rolls-Royces parked outside. I sat in a bright red Bentley Turbo R here, too.
    Yep. This thread reminded me of those days. They were my advertising customer at the time. The had a new model open house once and I completely embarrassed myself asking what the heck the beluga caviar was. Doh.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I completely embarrassed myself asking what the heck the beluga caviar was. Doh.
    So did you like it? I remember how Hollywood managed to show the stuff back in the days of mostly B&W films: BBs in black axle grease! That would stand up under the hot lights. Not very tasty, though.

13. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

I didn't load up my plate...

Bob Moore Maserati.

From their Instagram, I asked when they are going to be open and they said around early June.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    When I was looking around for my most recent "fun car", I was dead set on getting a Lotus Exige. Then I went and test drove one. Those cars should come with a complimentary bucket of Crisco for use in egress. I'm just under 6 feet and while I'm a bit fluffy around the middle...Well...I shouldn't have to try that hard just getting in and out of the thing I'm pretty sure they're smaller than Miatas.

Viper wasn't much better and had one horrible interior.

/wound up with a (relatively) giant (and much cheaper!) GTO.
    A buddy of mine drives one of those. Scary fast, but not a comfortable car. I'll stick with my 3 series.

16. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    A buddy of mine drives one of those. Scary fast, but not a comfortable car. I'll stick with my 3 series.
    If you think an Exige is scary fast...Don't ever go for a ride in my car.

Of course, it won't turn like an Exige either.

The newer Lotus cars are nothing more than go-karts with bodies...they definitely aren't sized for my body type. I still prefer the Esprit.

KD has a red Lamborghini still. I live by Westbrook and Reggie. Russ drives a hideous orange lambo. He also has a yello lambo. Ibaka has a blue one. Every now and then I'll see Ibaka and Russ driving down North May side by side. Russ is a frequenter at our 7/11 on 164th and May.

Well, we have Maserati and are now getting a Alfa Romeo dealer!

Fiat of Edmond to sell Alfa Romeos | News OK

I also created this in the Edmond section about it http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/38119-...tml#post798064

20. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Well, we have Maserati and are now getting a Alfa Romeo dealer!

Fiat of Edmond to sell Alfa Romeos | News OK

I also created this in the Edmond section about it http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/38119-...tml#post798064
    Not seeing the big deal about Alfa Romeo. 80+ dealerships opening up. I guess we can say we can now be like Youngstown, OH who is getting one too. :-P LOL

It's still nice to have one. I'm not really sure whether I'd consider Alfa Romeo a luxury car, but they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It's still nice to have one. I'm not really sure whether I'd consider Alfa Romeo a luxury car, but they're cool.
    Italians certainly don't view Alfas as luxury. They're sort of an Italian Oldsmobile, Buick, Chrysler, or Mercury. Lancias are the closest Fiat comes to making a luxury car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Italians certainly don't view Alfas as luxury. They're sort of an Italian Oldsmobile, Buick, Chrysler, or Mercury. Lancias are the closest Fiat comes to making a luxury car.
    Since Fiat owns Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati and Lancia (along with Chrysler) they have changed the slotting of the marques. Alfa is being pushed as more of a an "affordable sports" cars in comparison to Ferrari and Maserati is more positioned as the luxury brand. When they were in the US before only Ferrari was a Fiat brand. I always liked the GTV6 and Spider, just neat little cars and BRI Imports was a dealer (along with Saab). Lancia was hard to find even though they were Fiat owned back in the 80's.

Alfa Romeo 4C

24. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Lancia is good as dead: apparently they're going to sell only a single model (the Ypsilon), and only in Italy, which means that the Thema, which is sort of a Chrysler 300 with pesto, is essentially extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Since Fiat owns Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati and Lancia (along with Chrysler) they have changed the slotting of the marques. Alfa is being pushed as more of a an "affordable sports" cars in comparison to Ferrari and Maserati is more positioned as the luxury brand. When they were in the US before only Ferrari was a Fiat brand. I always liked the GTV6 and Spider, just neat little cars and BRI Imports was a dealer (along with Saab). Lancia was hard to find even though they were Fiat owned back in the 80's.
    I always liked the GTV6 too and even thought about trying to find one - then I came to my senses and remembered the electronic fuel injection and electrical nightmare stories and no perceptible knowledge base of how to repair or maintain them. But other than that, great looking car and I still like them.

Thread Information