Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love's

Default Re: Love's

I would stop at Love's more if they carried Top-Tier fuel. That's about the only reason I don't frequent them.

We just stopped at the loves travel stop on the east bound turner turnpike and they have godfathers pizza there now where the old BBQ stand was

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    We just stopped at the loves travel stop on the east bound turner turnpike and they have godfathers pizza there now where the old BBQ stand was
    yes we noticed that, too. Godfather's Pizza is a much better offering than Chesters!

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I would stop at Love's more if they carried Top-Tier fuel. That's about the only reason I don't frequent them.
    I use diesel in my truck and their truck stops run 40-50 cents higher per gallon than gas stations across the street. For example. drove up I35 through Guthrie yesterday. The big Loves on the hill was 50 cents higher than the Valero across the street.

They appear to only do this a the truck stops. Basically they are offering a bunch of rewards points (like free showers and drinks, etc) to the drivers that aren't paying for their fuel.

Hopefully they don't do this at the turnpike Loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I use diesel in my truck and their truck stops run 40-50 cents higher per gallon than gas stations across the street. For example. drove up I35 through Guthrie yesterday. The big Loves on the hill was 50 cents higher than the Valero across the street.

They appear to only do this a the truck stops. Basically they are offering a bunch of rewards points (like free showers and drinks, etc) to the drivers that aren't paying for their fuel.

Hopefully they don't do this at the turnpike Loves.
    i believe that lots of those truck drivers (companies) have contracts to use loves as well and don't pay the listed pump price ..

6. Default Re: Love's

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i believe that lots of those truck drivers (companies) have contracts to use loves as well and don't pay the listed pump price ..
    This is true. I worked for a trucking company in OKC for several years and we paid quite a bit less (20-30 cents) than the pump price.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is true. I worked for a trucking company in OKC for several years and we paid quite a bit less (20-30 cents) than the pump price.
    Then why overcharge by so much...Is it falsely increasing the price so the discount doesn't matter? Not trying to be argumentative but doesn't make sense when I see 50 cents per gallon higher. I want to support local companies that do so much for us but don't want to get raped for it as a consumer. i have been driving to Wichita and hays KS routinely for three years and I see it every time so not a fluke. My truck hold 28 gallons so if filling up from empty,,,it is an additional $14. Fortunately I know my truck and I drive to hays Kansas enough that I know that if I fill up in OKC. I can make it to Salina where the last exit has cheap diesel. But...I'd rather give my money to an OK company.

Then why overcharge by so much...Is it falsely increasing the price so the discount doesn't matter? Not trying to be argumentative but doesn't make sense when I see 50 cents per gallon higher. I want to support local companies that do so much for us but don't want to get raped for it as a consumer. i have been driving to Wichita and hays KS routinely for three years and I see it every time so not a fluke. My truck hold 28 gallons so if filling up from empty,,,it is an additional $14. Fortunately I know my truck and I drive to hays Kansas enough that I know that if I fill up in OKC. I can make it to Salina where the last exit has cheap diesel. But...I'd rather give my money to an OK company.
    I know it's not .50 but I think if you use the Love's Connect app, you get some money off each gallon, I think it's like .10 and I think they have other promotions during the year. That is a big difference, though, if you're seeing 50 cents higher.

i wonder if it is to drive the truck companies to get into a contract???

i agree with you doesn't seem like a great idea ..

I have to think if their business was being harmed they would not do it. A company that large has to have some kind of real time tracking on each pump company wide.

Loves knows what they're doing. They offer several different financial products for trucking companies.https://www.lovesfinancial.com/

They don't care about the other diesel customers who don't want to pay the 20-30 cent higher rate.

Thread Information