Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Renaissance

Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

According to the last office property survey by Price Edwards at the end of 2023, this building was 61% vacant.

I believe Tanenbaum will keep the current commercial tenants while he works out the residential conversion plans.

Really wish Tanenbaum or someone else would do the same with the Dowell Center building.

2. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

Not my idea... ...I was standing in front of Gilded Acorn talking with Chef Andrew Black about this building a few months ago, but he is exactly right... ...a hotel conversion of this building makes a crazy amount of sense. It is already configured like an atrium hotel, with the glassed-in light well and the terraced floors. Combine that with the F&B and retail spaces on the ground floor plus LOTS more F&B in the basement...it would be a cinch.

3. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

Also, if I lose Snow Pea in this deal imma be PISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Also, if I lose Snow Pea in this deal imma be PISSED
    What's good there? I went once and the fried rice had an old oil flavor and haven't tried them again because of how good the competition is with places like Chow's, Golden Phoenix, Fung's, VII, etc.

5. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

I’m not comparing it to Chow’s et al…I live downtown and I work downtown. Just looking to keep a true pan-fried option nearby. Pork fried rice is solid.

I also work downtown it doesn't need to be the best; I am just looking for recommendations I don't need to get in my car for. I had one bad experience, I am really bad of not giving places a second chance because we have such great options here for just about everything. We are honestly spoiled when it comes to food here and I love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    What's good there? I went once and the fried rice had an old oil flavor and haven't tried them again because of how good the competition is with places like Chow's, Golden Phoenix, Fung's, VII, etc.
    I agree. Snow Pea is fast and cheap, but not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I agree. Snow Pea is fast and cheap, but not so good.
    We find it to be hit or miss. When they are on...its pretty decent food for lunch place. The off days seem to be oil too hot or old and the are rushing food out. Not a lot of options for reasonable priced downtown chinese food though

Pete do you have any recent interior shots of the atrium? I’ve driven by here a thousand times and always admired the architecture. It took me until now to look up what few images I could find on Google of the inside. Incredible building. Downtown office space being converted to housing is some of the best news we can receive

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

These pictures a several years dated. The previous owner, which I believe was the state as an investment, renovated the lobby 1st and 2nd floors and elevators recently. This will be excellent housing. With this and the Harlow, this will start adding a decent population in the core.

Plus add in potential with OG&E or other buildings that could easily be converted. There is definitely a need for this type of housing.

12. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

It's such an interesting mix of old and new. It's really a unique structure with that atrium. Is this class B space?

Hotel would be great here.

If anything with Legends happens, i wonder how many of these are going to make it?

13. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

Those pics don’t include most of the basement food court, which is robust, though half-empty thanks to the greatly-reduced number of office workers downtown over the past 4 years. Besides the aforementioned Snow Pea there are two - TWO! - African places (one is Kenyan and I’ve really enjoyed the few things I’ve gotten there), plus a place that has some Mexican dishes (but I think you can also get more traditional sandwich fare from them too). Probably 3-4 stalls are currently vacant. There is also the former home of The Library, which has probably been 15 years empty at this point. It’s a more formal wood-paneled place that felt a bit like a Garfield’s or something. Would make a great bar.

Those pics don’t include most of the basement food court, which is robust, though half-empty thanks to the greatly-reduced number of office workers downtown over the past 4 years. Besides the aforementioned Snow Pea there are two - TWO! - African places (one is Kenyan and I’ve really enjoyed the few things I’ve gotten there), plus a place that has some Mexican dishes (but I think you can also get more traditional sandwich fare from them too). Probably 3-4 stalls are currently vacant. There is also the former home of The Library, which has probably been 15 years empty at this point. It’s a more formal wood-paneled place that felt a bit like a Garfield’s or something. Would make a great bar.
    I think the library was open until 2014 ..

And don't forget Mom's Kitchen..... best chicken nuggets in the city, by far.

16. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I think the library was open until 2014 ..
    For real? Feels like it’s been gone much longer than that.

For real? Feels like it’s been gone much longer than that.
    I think so .. but that is still long ago so my memory is fuzzy as well ..

the last yelp review is from 2013 .. but i think i was there in 2014 as well ..

We have our own little private club attached to my office for hanging out so I don't go out for after work drinks anymore. Has anyplace really replaced The Library or the Oyster Bar at Colcord? Nice places downtown with just a little bit of dive bar in them for cheap beer and drinks after 5? I know the out of downtown stuff like the Cock and Ednas are still thriving but thinking core area.

March of 2013.

https://journalrecord.com/2013/03/th...n-real-estate/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We have our own little private club attached to my office for hanging out so I don't go out for after work drinks anymore. Has anyplace really replaced The Library or the Oyster Bar at Colcord? Nice places downtown with just a little bit of dive bar in them for cheap beer and drinks after 5? I know the out of downtown stuff like the Cock and Ednas are still thriving but thinking core area.
    Yes, had the privilege of checking out your spot for a whiskey tasting a while back. If I had that set up, I wouldn’t venture out often either!

The Flea.

The Flea downtown is a solid dive bar. Cheap drinks with pool/darts and a decent patio. My only gripe is the bathrooms are pretty horrible.

23. Default Re: Robinson Renaissance

JJ's Alley

Park Harvey Sushi immediately comes to mind.

Kind of crazy how commercial rates have continued to climb despite all of the inventory and so many people moving to WFM. Post pandemic, I was eyeing a potential move in case my landlord did something with the building we've been in for 30ish years. I was thinking with all of the vacancy, I could get a steal... and really? Nope. They'd apparently rather sit on empty inventory than admit that these properties don't command the rents they used to.

Thread Information