Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Park Mall

Default Re: North Park Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    It's a pleasant mall. I eagerly anticipate more fruits of their incline.

The movie theater is a slight exception, according to my last visit. I once coughed during a movie and the screen shook.

I agree that the movie theater is the seediest part of the mall...but I was always glad to have a dollar theater nearby.

Shogun's restaurant is always constantly packed and usually you have to call ahead for reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Shogun's restaurant is always constantly packed and usually you have to call ahead for reservations.
    Which was precisely the case for our family Saturday night....Shogun's was packed, and yummy as always.

My wife and I go there once a year for our anniversary, plus maybe one extra time for a treat, but I must admit in the evenings the mall is mostly closed and at least "kinda" spooky. Not "I'm gonna get jumped" spooky, but just "eerily inactive," if that makes sense.

Several years ago, there was a big sign out front of NorthPark promising that a big "demalling" was on tap, but it never happened...as I recall, Kambers had a very nice store at North Park several years ago, and I think Streets had a ladies clothing store there....

FritterGirl nailed it. Northpark Mall is a gem of a mall. You find mostly upscale and locally-owned stores and even the Shoe gallery and the theater aren't all that bad. In fact, the theater is much better since Starplex took over.

Bad neighborhood? The only thing I can think of surrounding Northpark that's not the greatest is the apartment complex to the mall's northeast. It was a wonderful place at one time, but yeah, it's gone down a few notches, but other than that you have nice, clean upscale neighborhoods.

5. Default Re: North Park Mall

They do have some really nice upscale stores and it's a great place to walk. Poblanos is great for lunch and if you want to hit a Dollar movie, that's there too.

I don't shop there often as I find their prices very expensive ( but they do carry some nice quality items) You get what you pay for I guess.

It's a nice mall.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I used to live in both Camelot and Quail Creek. I grew up in the area. If you can honestly say, besides the apartment row already mentioned, that the area is undesireable you are nuts. It's one of the nicest areas in the city besides Nichols Hills. It's definately older, but I'm sure most of those homes have held their value or appreciated.

And if you think you've seen nice areas right next to crappy areas, you obviously haven't been to the armpit of America - Houston.

7. Default Re: North Park Mall

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    That mall (imo) doesn't have a shot either. I was in there in say, 2003, and there was absolutely nothing to offer. It was dead then.

Didn't I see in the news a few months ago that someone was assaulted there (in front of the movie theatre)? My friend worked there and her car was broken into numerous times. Honestly, I'm not the least bit impressed with that whole area. I used to live there and said no thank you to it all.

I just don't get Oklahoma City and their super nice neighborhoods RIGHT NEXT to a horribly run-down area.
    I will join everyone else in completely disagreeing with everything you said. Northpark, although it went through a dry spell and near-closure, has found a niche in local boutiques and women's stores and is at almost full occupancy. If it doesn't have anything to offer for you, then stay away, but there's plenty of people that disagree, even if the only attraction is the restaurants and the theatre. Northpark also benefits from a much more attractive exterior than maybe ANY mall in OKC and definitely more attractive than Quail Springs and especially Crossroads.

The area around it is also very nice.

Thread Information