Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic

Default Re: McKown Deep Deuce Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by treyingram90 View Post
    As a college student, I'd love to move downtown after graduation...good to see Oklahoma City creating great places and spaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3077 View Post
    I definitely agree, I'm a student at the HSC and I just wish there was more student type housing closer to the city center! I really want to be closer to the action but wish there were some more affordable options in deep deuce/bricktown/midtown
    maybe you two should share a 2 bed apartment and split the cost. problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3077 View Post
    I definitely agree, I'm a student at the HSC and I just wish there was more student type housing closer to the city center! I really want to be closer to the action but wish there were some more affordable options in deep deuce/bricktown/midtown
    If you are willing to think "outside the box" a bit there are plenty of cheaper options in Jefferson Park, Paseo, Lincoln Terrance, and the multi family properties in Heritage Hills and Mesta Park. Particularly Jefferson Park and Lincoln Terrance are full of OUHSC students

Steve, are you at the meeting? How are the renderings?

4. Default Re: McKown Deep Deuce Apartments

I'm at the meeting. Very similar to Level.

Ok, thanks...hence the name "Level West"...lol...

HangryHippo Guest

Steve, can you post them to OKCCentral sometime today?

Wade Scaramucci (architect) just forwarded this information to me:

LEVEL WEST
    February 21, 2013
    Press Release : Oklahoma Ave
    City Center Development II, LLC is pleased to announce the next phase of urban living to the LEVEL community in Oklahoma
    City. This site stands on the west side of Oklahoma Avenue, between the alleys of the 2nd Street Lofts and the Brownstones of
    Maywood Park on 3rd.
    The scheme comprises a flexible mix of 97 one and two-bedroom apartments arranged over four levels around a central shared
    courtyard. These elements sit atop a two-level podium containing parking and over 1,100 square feet of retail space. The residential
    program is divided into two primary components by a central cut that clarifies and breaks down the massing. Each side takes
    on a different character to respond to context; the northern face reflects the vertical orientation of the Brownstones opposite,
    whilst the horizontal banding and ‘punched’ balconies of the south nod to the 2nd Street Lofts across the road and the Great
    Plains landscape further afield.
    This is a building with neither a front nor back; use and activity have been designed into all sides. The ground floor streetscape
    includes retail and residential aspects to activate the frontage along Oklahoma Avenue and offer glimpses into the courtyard and
    terraces beyond. A longitudinal cut through the massing opens up the courtyard to increase views to downtown OKC and create
    a central spine that not only draws residents in but visually opens the building up to the neighborhood. The central courtyard
    – complete with spa and outdoor living and entertaining facilities – creates a common gathering place for residents to interact,
    whilst bridges and garden roof terraces provide further opportunities for amenity. In addition, each unit includes open plan living
    areas, oversized windows and a private balcony with either city or courtyard views.
    Inventive uses of material run throughout, including architectural grade charcoal ribbed concrete block – manufactured in
    Oklahoma City –configured as either planar skins or translucent veils, depending on situation. A custom-mixed integral sand and
    cement stucco with mica chips clads the upper levels, its reflective qualities resulting in a building that glints as the sun moves or
    as a pedestrian wanders past.
    In close consultation with key stakeholders and working with architects Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, the scheme is on schedule
    for a mid-2014 completion. Together with LEVEL Urban Apartments – designed and delivered by the same developer-architect
    team – this project delivers exemplar modern living to meet Oklahoma City’s needs.

Facts:
    Developer : City Center Development II, LLC
    Architect : Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
    Completion : Mid-2014

Programme Mix : 97 Apartments (64x 1-bed, 33x 2-bed) , 155 parking spaces (140 within site, plus 15 additional spaces on street)
    1,100 square feet retail space

Richard McKown
    City Center Development, LLC
    4409 Cannon Dr.
    Norman Ok. 73072
    405-637-8742
    Live Modern | Level Urban Apartments

Any sq footage information on units?

Looks pretty nice. I like the non-"rail" balconies way more.

I freaking love it. I have been arguing for internal courtyards for years. I am not a personal fan of the architectural style but the land use and layout are perfect.

Also I found it really funny, even though it is a photograph that has been filtered for the rendering, they actually included the peeling on the side of that brownston - epic.

HangryHippo Guest

It's probably just me, but this looks a short version of the Regency and it leaves me feeling underwhelmed. But I do love the infill it will provide.

Son of LEVEL?

LEVEL Jr.?

I like! Based on those renderings, it will be more attractive than the original LEVEL. Much more, IMO.

Nicely done! I love the architectural style. Will this be considered part of LEVEL? Will residents in this complex be able to use the amenities (e.g., pool, workout facility) at the other building.

I really like how Deep Deuce is really filling in.

Is the map showing future brownstones accurate?

Inventive use of material (as they say)

A custom-mixed integral sand and cement stucco with mica chips clads the upper levels, its reflective qualities
    resulting in a building that glints as the sun moves or as a pedestrian wanders past.
    Interesting. That would a nice effect. Kind of a sparkle as you walk past?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Is the map showing future brownstones accurate?
    I also wondered this. Their image shows a LOT of future brownstones...

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I also wondered this. Their image shows a LOT of future brownstones...
    Some of them are located where Maywood is under construction right now, sooo..

HangryHippo Guest

Good point. I completely forgot about that development.

This is a winner, 100%.

A+ approval from catch22.

I also think 5 stories is a good height for the neighborhood.

nice quality infill development, I like this design better than LEVEL, with this and LEVEL and Aloft...Deep Deuce is turning out pretty nice...I am still not big fan of the Maywood Apartments.

Love it!

I like the fact that the guy is trying to kiss the girl in the rendering.

very nice!

Blog Entries

So everyone is excited about the fake stucco, huh? Guess there has been a change of heart or lowering of expectations.

Thread Information