Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we still need in moore?

Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

We need a In-N-out burger, and a shakeys pizza place..

I already spoke to In-N-Out and they said said that they do not franchise,and it's up to the family if they want to open one.
    I also spoke to Tommy's Burgers.They said no.But you can order their chilli by the gallon.

Dave and Busters would be nice.

2. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

How about some local options instead of more big box stores and chain restaurants strung out along the highway?

An Italian restaurant would be nice. We have some golf courses nearby, so maybe some sort of golf/sporting goods store. I personally would like to see more "unique" places, even if its a chain/franchise. Something thats not available everywhere, give Moore something special. We already have a very nice theater, it helps make Moore stand out as having something different. There is still a ton of opportunities left in Moore, hopefully we will see some good stuff in the near future.

Moore needs to bulldoze Royal park mobile homes. What an eyesore

they are it is going to be called royal rock shopping center soon, upscale with a 100,000 sq ft gym, a hastings, a electronic store, a couple gift shops a hotel and much more, so the trailer park is going to be gone soon..

6. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Conn's is hardly upscale.

What it NEEDS is a Magnolia

I know it won't happen, but hey, a guy can dream right?

I also would like to see a Michaels, plus something other than big box stores. Especially an independent book store, but the way independents are going out of business in the US, that's probably not very likely
    Foodwise, also would like to see a nice sushi place, seafood, and Indian restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by greatdane View Post
    I would also like to see a Fry's here in the metro, preferably in Moore.
    AMEN! I hate having to run to overpriced Radio Shack or Best Buy when I need a computer part quick. Every time I go to Dallas I have to stop at Fry's and marvel at the size of the store. It would be nice to have something in Moore that will make the north-siders jealous.

As for an Italian restaurant, it would be nice to have a Maggiano's. It is the only one of the four Brinker group restaurants we do not have. A Maggiano's would bring a lot of people to Moore because of the large banquet room(s). It would also be something that is also only in Moore.

The building that used to be CompUSA up on North May should become a Fry's, its perfect.
    I would love to see Maggiano's, but they seem to be pretty exclusive, something that might show up in downtown or something.
    But if we can attract a place like Maggiano's, I would vote for a Benihana's, that would be something else right there. Imagine that, people coming to Moore, staying at one of our hotels, checking out the bikes at the Harley dealership, doing a little shopping at The Shops, having a meal at Maggiano's/Benihana's, watching a flick at the Warren. They can spend an entire day in Moore, I never thought I'd see the day that Moore was a "hotspot".

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    they are it is going to be called royal rock shopping center soon, upscale with a 100,000 sq ft gym, a hastings, a electronic store, a couple gift shops a hotel and much more, so the trailer park is going to be gone soon..
    Its good that the park will be gone, but wait until the roaches scatter. Any chances of the Nottingham Apartments imploding anytime soon??

I don't believe the trailer park is going to be gone. it may only be moving. If you noticed the white signs on the north side of 19th St. Those were notices that the city would be considering rezoning that area for the purpose of a mobile home park. I believe it was heard at their August 4th meeting. I'm assuming the park is moving west in that open field and the developers will be taking over any area north of SW 17th St. Hopefully there will be something there to block the view.

I have nothing against well maintained mobile homes but that place is a rathole haven for drugs and thug wannabe's

well according to the maps the royal rock plaza is being built in two places/ phases, they will build all the way to the property of the church that is on eagle drive. the church owns the property behind it, so where is there available property to put that large trailer park???

The field I'm referring to is the one between the church and the trailer park. I'm assuming the rezoning was for the field that is directly south of the duplexes that are to the north of the field. I'm also assuming that is just for the north half of that field and the map showing the new shopping center leaves the north part of the field open. Don't believe they will be moving the entire large trailer park just the part of the park located south of SW 17th St.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Imagine that, people coming to Moore, staying at one of our hotels, checking out the bikes at the Harley dealership, doing a little shopping at The Shops, having a meal at Maggiano's/Benihana's, watching a flick at the Warren. They can spend an entire day in Moore, I never thought I'd see the day that Moore was a "hotspot".
    Amen to that...who would've thought!!!!

I'd like to see a Barnes & Noble or Border's. Maggiano's for sure. Maybe Mimi's Cafe, TGIFriday's, P.F. Chang's.....

the trailers all south of 17 are going to be gone by next year. There is no other place to relocate them since all the property in and around the area is owned by other companies, yes even the field behind the duplexes are owned by another company. Soon the trailers just north of 17th will also be taken out due to expansion on the 17th street to allow car flow in and out of the shopping center development, plus who would want to go through a trailer park to get to a shopping center.

As I have tried to tell you guys the park is only moving. This is part of the plan from the OWNER of the land http://www.cityofmoore.com/uploaded/...dum6-10-08.pdf
    As I have said before the application for a mobile home park was posted in the field and it was on the 08-04-08 city council agenda. You will not enter the development from 17th it will be accessed from 19th just as the rest of the businesses in the area.

18. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

I think this might have been answered elsewhere, but what is being built just south of Braum's on 12th street?

I spent several years practicing tball in that field.

(btw, happy 1,500th post to me!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I think this might have been answered elsewhere, but what is being built just south of Braum's on 12th street?

I spent several years practicing tball in that field.

(btw, happy 1,500th post to me!!!)
    Springhill Suites hotel. Kind of nice to see a new hotel open on 12th, maybe 12th street can get some love from businesses now

20. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Springhill Suites hotel. Kind of nice to see a new hotel open on 12th, maybe 12th street can get some love from businesses now
    How many rooms will it have? Seems like an extremely small footprint for a hotel.

21. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

No kidding. 12th Street Shopping Center needs some new blood.

I'm thinking that they need to knock down half of it and put in a waterpark or something.

84 rooms from what I read. I know the guy building it, but that just means I know who's building it. Not like I would really call him to get info on this.

Also heard that they are planning a Holiday Inn Express in that same area also, but as far as I am concerned, its just hearsay until something actually happens (the Springhill Suites was mentioned in some Moore newspaper/magazine a couple months back).

I'd like to see a good bookstore and a bed, bath & beyond or similar store!

Oh....and wishing big would include an IKEA store!!

We need a good golf store, maybe a Golf Galaxy.

Thread Information