Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who turned off the lights?

Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I updated the map again today with more photos of P180 lights that are out. Posting a few here to show just how bad some of these are.

Your pics are outstanding to convey how bad this situation is. Thanks for sharing!!!!

2. Far North Re: Who turned off the lights?

I just took what I could from the pictures and turned a ticket into the Action Center and OG&E.

I would imagine many of these lights have gone out sooner than the installers would have been prepared for so they might even have a case against the manufacturer.

Probably worth throwing out there that having well lit streets is absolutely a part of beautification, and it could well be worth some of the MAPS funds to take care of some of those issues.

It's important to note that many streetlights along the highway exchange loops, near the state fair grounds and west I-40 are completely dark as of a few weeks ago. The night lighting outages are pretty wide spread through the city, unfortunately.

5. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

I noticed on the way home tonight some of these areas may have been repaired. Not 100%, but I saw improvement. I've turned in requests to both the Action Center and OG &E based on the pics and map provided and followed up tonight with some other areas. Hopefully that gets some more taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    I noticed on the way home tonight some of these areas may have been repaired. Not 100%, but I saw improvement. I've turned in requests to both the Action Center and OG &E based on the pics and map provided and followed up tonight with some other areas. Hopefully that gets some more taken care of.
    That's good news! Side note: I drove into Tulsa late night this week, noticed many of their streetlights along I-44 were not working. Apparently, OKC isn't the only place with darkness on it's streets.

What areas? I was out there in the CBD last night and did not see any changes, so unless you mean toward Reno, there hasn't been any change.

8. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

What areas? I was out there in the CBD last night and did not see any changes, so unless you mean toward Reno, there hasn't been any change.
    Right, Reno in front of Paycom Center was lit as was Hudson along the Myriad. I took locations from your map and pics to send in the requests. (Thank you)
    Both Kerr and Park are dark the entire length through downtown (!). NW 4th in front of the bus station recently received the LCD bulbs

Most of the lights around the fairgrounds from I-40 to 23rd on I-44 are all out. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Most of the lights around the fairgrounds from I-40 to 23rd on I-44 are all out. Still.
    Anybody reported them or tweeted that at the city councilor (Cooper, maybe)?

Public shaming might work, blast all the dead lights at the city council, the mayor, OG&E, Corp Commission on Twitter, Facebook, etc. Do it daily, weekly, whenever. I don't have any social media accounts, so I can't...

11. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

I turned this in to OG&E for it to be looked at

The power this forum has on this city on display. Some of the CBD lighting has started being fixed as of yesterday (Monday 08/29/2022). I will post some areas to see the difference.

There is still some sporadic lights that are out, even within the stretches that are mostly lit now. I will go check out Reno tomorrow for improvements. I could see that the areas around the Myriad Gardens are still dark.

The power this forum has on this city on display. ...
    Ha, nice wording... I wonder, though, if it's really that or if someone else has turned all these in, or if they were scheduled to be replaced anyway, or ..... I'd like to think that we make a difference by posting here, but I'm also a realist that thinks city/utility workers have better things to do than lurk on message boards (even one as great, informative, and wide-reaching as this one is).

I turned this in to OG&E for it to be looked at
    Thank you for doing what OG&E should be doing on their own. Ugh.

15. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ha, nice wording... I wonder, though, if it's really that or if someone else has turned all these in, or if they were scheduled to be replaced anyway, or ..... I'd like to think that we make a difference by posting here, but I'm also a realist that thinks city/utility workers have better things to do than lurk on message boards (even one as great, informative, and wide-reaching as this one is).
    I've been turning them in, granted I am only going by the pictures, but when the whole stretch is out, it's easier to identify. I'm glad they are being turned on.

I've been turning them in, granted I am only going by the pictures, but when the whole stretch is out, it's easier to identify. I'm glad they are being turned on.
    Thank you for that.

"I've been turning them in, granted I am only going by the pictures, but when the whole stretch is out, it's easier to identify. I'm glad they are being turned on."

OG&E should compensate you for your time/service (I say in jest) ;-)

18. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

"I've been turning them in, granted I am only going by the pictures, but when the whole stretch is out, it's easier to identify. I'm glad they are being turned on."

OG&E should compensate you for your time/service (I say in jest) ;-)
    Right? I hate to admit, between the Action Center and OG&E, I'm almost on a first name basis with them. Besides, the person taking the pictures is the real helper!

LOL at the pic of the lights out on the street by OG&E hq.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    LOL at the pic of the lights out on the street by OG&E hq.
    I love ironic art! That picture should be framed.

21. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    And hanging in their lobby

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    But be careful....they may ask for a rate increase!!!!

23. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Lights surrounding the Civic Center are out this weekend and very dark for patrons walking about at night. Reported to both the city and OG&E tonight. Hopefully they rectify soon.

Most of the lights on the Oklahoma Blvd. heading west are still out. So. Very. Dark. in that stretch of the brand new road with brand new lights.

The highway lights on I44 between SW 29th and SW 59th have been out for several months. Dark stretch of road at night

Thread Information