Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Toby Keith's

Default Re: Toby Keith restaurant to break ground

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson
    I heard Keith wants a sign like you see at places like MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

That would be great, however, would it violate the billboard ban on 40.
    I've always said, it'd actually be really nice to have 'landmark' type billboards along I-40. I'm sure if you made enough demands on the billboards, that it would get rid of your 1800-DNA-TEST type ads.

Patrick Guest

Well, this won't really be right off the new I-40.....as you know the new I-40 will chart off from Bass Pro to the towards the south, so the new highway will actually be a ways from the Toby Keith restaurant. Actually though, from what I understood the projection screen will ne on the south wall of the building, and not a separate billboard. That's what they said on New 9.

3. Default Re: Toby Keith restaurant to break ground

I guess you are right, Patrick. I forgot about the reroute. I wish the sign was on a pole like Las Vegas. Some things were BORN to be copied, and it appears that this one just missed the cue.

Patrick Guest

You might be right about where the sign will be re-located. I'm not 100% sure it will be on the wall of the building, but that's just what I thought I remembered hearing. Anyways, in Branson several of the theaters have large video screens on the facades. I still think they're impressive.

Default Re: Design for Toby Keith venue

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showg...500/ppuser/204

I have updated pics of the venue, not much has changed since last time although I bet they have done more on the interior. I will try to sneak some pics from inside next time I'm down there with the digicam

Eh I don't like the design very much, and I think it should have to be multi-story. It should be a fun place though and I definitely can't wait to try it. A mixed-use hotel/residential for the Embassy Suites would be AWESOME. We should all write Hammons and tell him what we think. Show him some examples of successful projects, I believe Austin is currently building one in their downtown. Also demand that all parking be in a garage or better yet underground! Does Bricktown really need 10 stories for a hotel? Isn't the height limit 12 stories? 8 could be for the hotel, and 4 for condos on the top floors with great ballpark and skyline views.

7. Default Re: Design for Toby Keith venue

Great pics, thanks for posting. Does anyone know when the grand opening is going to be? I thought someone said July 2? Anyone?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Yes, July 2nd. On another note, the sign went up yesterday, pics are in todays issue of The Oklahoman. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

ahhnna1 Guest

Default Toby Keith bar/restaurant

Does anyone have any info on when Toby Keith's restaurant will be opening in Bricktown? We will be traveling to OKC in the next couple of weeks and wanted to check it out. Thanks for any info anyone has!

10. Default Re: Toby Keith bar/restaurant

I believe it is July 2 - welcome to OKC!

Keith Guest

Default Re: Toby Keith bar/restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by ahhnna1
    Does anyone have any info on when Toby Keith's restaurant will be opening in Bricktown? We will be traveling to OKC in the next couple of weeks and wanted to check it out. Thanks for any info anyone has!
    I believe Karried is correct....July 2nd (which happens to be my 24th wedding anniversary, also). BTW, ahhnna1, welcome to okctalk. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

yes, as mentioned in the other toby keith's thread, july 2nd is the grand opening. on another note, i have updated pics and my gallery and some new nighttime shots will be added as soon as the mods approve them

terrared Guest

And my husband's band "Arrowhead" is playing that night. They put on a good show. My hubby grew up in Tulsa and is always happy to head back to Oklahoma! It would be cool to meet some of you that night!

ahhnna1 Guest

Well, my kids will be dissappointed. All the news releases said early spring. We will be there Memorial day weekend thru the next weekend. My husband is dying to go back to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Not my thing, but if it keeps him quiet !!! Thanks for the info!

Just thought I would let you know, it is now known as the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Museum. They enlarged and modernized the facilities and wanted to bring a more modern feel and sound to the museum.

16. Default Re: Toby Keith bar/restaurant

Here is a link to some 2 for 1 coupons - http://www.travelok.com/hot_deals/coupons.asp

http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/

Have fun!

ahhnna1 Guest

coupons?? Its like you know me !! I love coupons. Thanks for the links.

18. Default Re: Toby Keith bar/restaurant

Yes, coupons help when traveling - it can add up!

Where are you visiting from? And what brings you to our sunny state? Visiting? or Business?

ahhnna1 Guest

We are coming from Fort Knox KY. My husband is military and grew up in Cordell (West of OKC, near Clinton). His oldest child gave birth to the first grandbaby last month and we are coming to squeeze the heck out of him!! Can't wait to see that baby! My mother-in- law lives in Enid, so we will be visiting her as well. We always try to spend time in OKC while we are there. Although we visit Oklahoma yearly we haven't been to Bricktown since maybe '96 or '97. Can't believe how much it has changed. Looking forward to exploring.

swake Guest

Is anyone under the impression that this place is a bad idea?

I mean come on, OKC needs an urban hip downtown, Bass Pro and Toby Keith are not that.

I hear you are finally getting a wine bar downtown and the Skyy place is doing well, those are what you want, not a "road house".

While many may prefer an urban NYC "style" in Bricktown, OKC can't deny it's outdoorsman and country roots. I think the confluence of these two typically contrasting styles make OKC's Bricktown a unique, eclectic entertainment district all it's own.

jenncole Guest

Bass Pro and Toby Keith are good for Bricktown.

You have to realize Bricktown is still growing you we cannot expect to attract more real things there til we can get some more names into Bricktown.

Right now, Bricktown or even OKC cannot support urban NYC "style" things. Gotta start small and then work our way up.

Quote Originally Posted by jenncole
    Bass Pro and Toby Keith are good for Bricktown.

You have to realize Bricktown is still growing you we cannot expect to attract more real things there til we can get some more names into Bricktown.

Right now, Bricktown or even OKC cannot support urban NYC "style" things. Gotta start small and then work our way up.
    Just please dont become another NYC. OKC is unique and fine the way it is, keeps me comming back the way it is.

24. Default Re: Toby Keith bar/restaurant

Guys, you have to remember that swake participates in TulsaNow, where condescension toward OKC is the rule. NYC was a throw-in to imply that downtown OKC is not hip. Even swake knows that NYC is not a perfect model of urbanity.

Bricktown and Lower Bricktown for the most part do offer the kinds of establishments NYC boasts -- cool lounges like Lit, fine restaurants such as The Mantel, even a Mickey Mantle's. Of course we don't have them on a similar scale -- OKC is a smaller city, like the rest of American cities. But we do have them and they must be supported.

My only concern about ILTB&G is what will happen to it once Toby's star fades. But if it continues to book topnotch talent and serve great food, it can have a vibrant life beyond TK's celebrity. Hopefully the Hal Smith organization has a plan to ensure its longevity.

Why would OKC even want to be like NYC. I would not set foot in NYC, OKC, stay the way you are, your doing fine, take that from a "BIG" city person. I think Toby Keiths road house fits right in and I cant wait to see it someday.

Thread Information