Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    To me, they are a "fast food" burger. . .
    Braum's: All the taste of a fast food burger, but with the wait-time of a sit-down restaurant!

Braum's is the best place to grab a burger------if nothing else is open!!!!!!!!!

Every single time I have tried a Braum's burger (the commercials get me!) I get a bite of hard gristle or bone sliver.

I'm happy to see they are remodeling the 23rd & Meridian location -- I think that is the 1st Braums in town/or state!

I live near their new design/concept store at 39th & Tulsa and love the quality of their produce, milk, etc but I cannot stand their OJ! Why can't they make it NOT FROM CONCENTRATE?

*** HUT's Burgers in Austin are the most over-rated I have ever tried!

Quote Originally Posted by tburn View Post
    Every single time I have tried a Braum's burger (the commercials get me!) I get a bite of hard gristle or bone sliver.

I'm happy to see they are remodeling the 23rd & Meridian location -- I think that is the 1st Braums in town/or state!

I live near their new design/concept store at 39th & Tulsa and love the quality of their produce, milk, etc but I cannot stand their OJ! Why can't they make it NOT FROM CONCENTRATE?

*** HUT's Burgers in Austin are the most over-rated I have ever tried!
    The first Braum's is where Companion Animal Clinic is on Meridian just north of 23rd. They built the current store on 23rd in the early to mid 80's. I grew up in that area.

I do agree their service is poor, usually we eat at the one in Hillsboro on the way back to Austin from OKC, so that has become my point of reference in the past 5 years.

Johnnie's #9

[QUOTE=

*** HUT's Burgers in Austin are the most over-rated I have ever tried![/QUOTE]

totally agree!!!

7. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Charcoal Oven for flame broiled.
    Ron's for grilled.
    Irma's for lean.

Loved your comment about Bram's food Matt . . . so right on. I buy nothing from those guys even though they are an Oklahoma Company. No factory farm food for this old fart.

The Greatful Bean is advertising buffalo, but I haven't tried one yet. Anyone else been there?

Michael

Pray For World Peace . . . pass it on
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

I have found one that I like at Hut's, the Sink Burger but we go to Mighty Fine much more often. I heard good things about Dirty Martin's on The Drag near the UT campus but I was unimpressed. The best that I have had in Central Texas is at the Blanco Bowling Alley and Orsak's Cafe in Fayetteville. They are small town burger joints/cafes, to me it is hard to beat many of those.

Need to try the Kobe Burger at Red Prime.

Other than this biased choice, my vote is Bunny's and VZD's.

I've heard of a place called Nick's either on May or Penn in near 13th. Have heard from a neighbor friend that they have excellent burgers. The place is small but he runs an efficient burger joint.

Nic's at NW 11th and Penn is very good, if you go, don't wear your good dress shirt and be greedy and take lots of napkins.

I'd have to agree with the Irma's and Johnnies crowd. If youd asked last year I would have said Burger Shack at 39th and Rockwell, they had great flame broiled burgers served open faced with a burger bar for your choice of toppings.....meaning LOTS of cheese for me. Are there anymore burger bar type places around?

Its hard to compare flame broiled with fried...almost two different food groups. And about Braums, I use to go there all the time but about two years ago they started using a lot more salt in their burgers, (maybe to please the older crowds taste buds) but its too much for me. Their fries are good though. Also Lincoln Park and Hefner golf clubs use to have great burger baskets..........but maybe burgers just taste better at golf courses.

Since the Hut in Austin was mentioned I'll give a shout out to The Clover Grill in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    Also Lincoln Park and Hefner golf clubs use to have great burger baskets..........but maybe burgers just taste better at golf courses.
    Growing up my favorite was the old greasy spoon burgers at the Lake Hefner Golf Course Pro Shop, they were just great. We played there 2-3 times a week in Jr. High. When they renovated the Pro Shop they just weren't the same after that.

Cracker Barrel's Bacon Cheese Burgers are the BEST!!!

What a sad sight! I just drove past the Charcoal Oven at MacArthur and saw it was boarded up!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCitizen View Post
    Cracker Barrel's Bacon Cheese Burgers are the BEST!!!

17. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    What a sad sight! I just drove past the Charcoal Oven at MacArthur and saw it was boarded up!
    Oh that's too bad! An OKC Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Oh that's too bad! An OKC Classic.

I ate at the other location ten days or so ago. At that time, there was no indication they were going to close. I drove by the other day and it looks like they're still open there.

I never understood why they had two locations so close together.

Can't believe more people haven't tried a cheddar burger at Earls on western? Now that's a burger. I still have yet to see what the facination with Jonnies is? I've had better Braums burgers than Jonnies.

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    Nic's at NW 11th and Penn is very good, if you go, don't wear your good dress shirt and be greedy and take lots of napkins.
    Best burger in OKC!

Have Ron's sausage cheeseburger at the top of my list

For price i would say the 1/2 price burgers at McNellies on wed. nights are the best deal, about 3.50.

Belle Isle brewery's HoneyPepperBaconBurger is pretty good

Is FlatTire in edmond still around?

The Crimson K9 out on west 10th had a great burger and hotlink sandwich... maybe it was the beers tho.

oh and in austin hut's is overrated i liked the jackalope's burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by jackirons View Post
    What's your favorite burger place in Oklahoma?

I haven't been to a lot of places, but the burgers in Meers were very good.
    I'll be eating at Meers tommorow night. That's my choice for best in the state. I'll probably follow up with some peach cobbler, and thats really good too.

I've never had Ron's. I'm really not in any hurry to try it after hearing the commercials on the radio that state something like, "Todays Special? Pay Full Price for Everything All Day". That's not the best way to advertise IMO.

If your ever in Bartlesville, you have to try Murphys Steak House, order the hot hamburger, it's a 12 oz sirloin patty on a grilled bun, covered with homemade fry's and smothered with homemade, brown gravy.

Not healthy, but dang, it's good

25. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    If your ever in Bartlesville, you have to try Murphys Steak House, order the hot hamburger, it's a 12 oz sirloin patty on a grilled bun, covered with homemade fry's and smothered with homemade, brown gravy.

Not healthy, but dang, it's good
    I'll second that.

My wife and I day-tripped to B-ville about this time last year and was encouraged to go there. I loved the hot hamburger. Plus it has a really cool semi-rural cafe feel.

Thread Information