Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mathis Brothers

Default Re: Huge new Mathis Brothers distribution center

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Never cared much for MB commercials, nor for chad stevens commercials, though the spoofs are good. For reasons not completely clear, Kia Soul commercials do sometimes make me laugh.
    Chad Stevens is pretty nice guy. I met him when I worked retail. The blonde and the kids in many of his commercials are his wife and kids.

Evans sold out their operations to Mathis Brothers years ago. Larry Evans is now a real estate agent here in OKC. I believe he chose to get out the business because of the stress of running everything.

I am wondering if they are going to simply store stock at this new facility or use it as a central pick up point for all of their stores around the metro. I would think a concept like that would work for them. It would also allow them to expand their showroom space at all their stores. It would be great if they could set everything up for you to buy at showroom and schedule a pickup for a certain time or go buy their at your convenience to pick the item up instead of waiting around in the store for the warehouse crew to retrieve your order.

2. Default Re: Huge new Mathis Brothers distribution center

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Rooms Today was owned and operated by Mathis Brothers.
    I know...that's what i meant as "they".

Kinda surprised they're tearing down the old Evans Furniture building. It's not in that bad a shape.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/3902842?embargo=1

Mathis hopes the new distribution center will free up more parking for customers at the store, and also could pave the way for the eventual reuse of the existing distribution area for an expansion of Mathis Brothers' already expansive showroom.

The new distribution center will serve the needs of the local Factory Direct Furniture and Drexel Heritage stores, also operated by Mathis Brothers.

The distribution center will position the company for growth of the Mathis Brothers Sleep Studio stores in the metro area, as well as Ashley Furniture HomeStores.

I didn't even think about if they expanded their current store since they won't need it for distribution. That place would be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Kinda surprised they're tearing down the old Evans Furniture building. It's not in that bad a shape.
    It's too small to serve the purpose they are using the land for.

This entire site has been cleared.

I'm sort of new to the city. I've only been living here for 6 months (though I've been to it quite a few times since 1997). I drive by that lot every day on 40 and saw that they were clearing it off. I thought it was part of the parking area for the water park. Good to see it's going to be put to use for a commercial property.

It appears two threads have been started due to work starting on this site, so I thought it'd be useful to bump this thread.

The first rendering shows the size of the building compared to what was just demolished -- it's an absolute monster.

Nice! I sent an email asking for some renderings, haven't heard back though.

Interesting to note almost all the truck bays are on the south elevation which will be by far the most visible due to the frontage on I-40.

Has Mathis Brothers annouced what their plans are for their store? Are they going to demolish their old warehouse and expand?

Just some eyeballing on Google Earth, and this will be approximately the same size as the UPS Hub down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Has Mathis Brothers annouced what their plans are for their store? Are they going to demolish their old warehouse and expand?
    From the Oklahoman article:

Mathis hopes the new distribution center will free up more parking for customers at the store, and also could pave the way for the eventual reuse of the existing distribution area for an expansion of Mathis Brothers' already expansive showroom.

They've come a long way from the store on south Western.

That distribution center is going to be huge! They're saying it'll be just under 400,000 sq ft which is half the size of the AWG OKC grocery warehouse which serves nearly a 1,000 stores.

How much business is Mathis Brothers doing? I guess I never realized how big of a company this is.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    How much business is Mathis Brothers doing? I guess I never realized how big of a company this is.
    This possibly could be their central distribution hub for their other stores. They have 4 Furniture locations and 9 Sleep Center locations not including the other brands they own!

I guess it also helps that couches and mattresses are far far larger than a case of beans or cereal lol!

They moved a huge crane in there the other day. Whatever is being built down around Reno and Meridian, has 2 big cranes working also.

21. Default Re: Huge new Mathis Brothers distribution center

I'm envisioning the entire old building (including the warehouse) being turned into showroom. So you look at and buy the thing at this place, then you go down the street to the warehouse to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    They moved a huge crane in there the other day. Whatever is being built down around Reno and Meridian, has 2 big cranes working also.
    I'm pretty sure the building being built at Meridian and Reno is an auto parts distribution center

This thing is pretty huge. The pictures don't do justice. If you get second, take a drive by it.

9/22/2014

Good shots. Yes it is massive. It dwarfs other buildings in the area and makes the rides at White Water seem very very small.

Thanks and yes I was actually quite shocked how big it is. I'm guessing Hobby Lobby's is going to be even bigger which is hard to believe.

Here's the album with a few more pics if anyone is interested. https://www.flickr.com/photos/124697...7647914329741/

Thread Information