Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaillardia

Default Re: Gaillardia

I had a friend who grew up in a Gaillardia like neighborhood in the Houston area. The HOA fined my friend's parents for the type of basketball net they had. It was not permissible to have a chain link net in that neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    How much is the fine for parking on your lawn ?
    How much is the fine for planting the wrong kind of grass seed?

Is there an approved list of names for your pet lawn from which to choose?
    (Are "Heather" and "Tiffany" on that list?)

If you decide not to mow it--in order to avoid contributing to global warming while simultaneously causing grass clippings to appear in the street--what is the fine?

If your lawn care guys use their noisy blowers to push the grass clippings in the street into the nearest storm drain do you pay the fine or do they pay the fine? And is the fine for noise pollution, storm water quality disregard or both? And do green cards and work permits get checked at the same time? Do they make sure that you are putting in the proper amount of Social Security taxes if their employers aren't?

Is there a fine for leaving your $35,000 pickup in the driveway overnight?
    Or does "the law" only apply to pickup trucks in the less than $10,000 price range?

Sorry: Off topic. That was Nichols Hills. Not Gaillardia.

So is the point of this thread to just bitch about gaillardia and their rules now??

Im assuming probably noone on this thread lives there. If you do not like their rules, or think they are crazy, don't live there. Problem solved.

Find more productive things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUPeterson View Post
    So is the point of this thread to just bitch about gaillardia and their rules now??

Im assuming probably noone on this thread lives there. If you do not like their rules, or think they are crazy, don't live there. Problem solved.

Find more productive things to complain about.
    I already tried this approach but it didn't seem to stick... lol. I guess they'd just rather hate on rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    I already tried this approach but it didn't seem to stick... lol. I guess they'd just rather hate on rich people.

So . . . In order to save keystrokes, in the interests of the natural connection between frugality and productivitiy,
    would it be fair to refer to "Gated Communities" in the future as NIMBYVille(s)?
    Or would NIMBYburg be a better choice?

NIMBY exists in all neighborhoods to an extent. It is just that the wealthy gated communites we hear more about.

8. Default Re: Gaillardia

I'll take the rules of gated communities over the free-for-all that often occurs in communities without a strong HOA.

The city is sadly inadequate at enforcing simple laws discouraging yard parking, garbage in the front yard etc. We have several offenders in my neighborhood and some addresses literally have 100's of called in complaints and the result is lots of warnings and virtually no tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    NIMBY exists in all neighborhoods to an extent. It is just that the wealthy gated communites we hear more about.
    Maybe they need to make a small investment in a PR guy . . .
    (that's Public Relations, not Protector (of) Rules)

When he isn't busy he could sweep the dirt clods out of the street.

BTW: It seems to be the people working for the residents inside the gilded prisons who seem to be getting fined for construction/remodeling mud, not the residents themselves.

Edited to Add: The job, referred to above (PR) should have been advertised as PR guy or gal. And he--or she--can do the sweeping. Of the dirt clods. From the streets. I apologize for the lack of PC.

Edited to Add (2): Wasn't this thread originally about The Golf Club at Gaillardia?
    Not any particular club . . . Just the one most appropriate for taking chip shots at Gaillardia?
    And where did the apparent misunderstanding originate?

Edited to Add (3): Maybe the HOAs of Gaillardia could channel a hologram of Will Rogers to speak on their behalf. I'm fairly sure that he would have a few choice words . . . None of which would involve "hatin' on" . . . =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Maybe they need to make a small investment in a PR guy . . .
    (that's Public Relations, not Protector (of) Rules)

When he isn't busy he could sweep the dirt clods out of the street.

BTW: It seems to be the people working for the residents inside the gilded prisons who seem to be getting fined for construction/remodeling mud, not the residents themselves.
    Wow, you really seem to hate rich people... Again, bottom line... if you don't like their rules, then stay the hell out. It's pretty simple. They aren't telling you how to live your life or make things difficult for you. They are just saying that if you are on THEIR property, then you need to follow their rules. If that's too much for you to handle, then you need to stay off their property. PERIOD. Why is that such a difficult concept?

What if they need to call a plumber?

Dennis Rader should be every Gailardia and gated community's HOA enforcer. He did an awesome job in wichita is the city ordinance Compliance Department. A guy like that might be able to keep everybody in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    Dennis Rader should be every Gailardia and gated community's HOA enforcer. He did an awesome job in wichita is the city ordinance Compliance Department. A guy like that might be able to keep everybody in line.
    Since Dennis Rader has prior committments . . .
    Maybe this guy is available . . .

"I said get that red mud dripping truck off the road immediately!
    Don't make me tell you a third time . . ."

So is it that you guys hate rich people because you are bitter because you AREN'T rich? I'm just wondering what your motivation is here. I grew up in a SMALL town that was FULL of very poor people. And, I was constantly amazed at the absolute bitterness and hatred towards anyone that had any sort of means or ability to better themselves. It's a pretty sad existence. Seems that it's not limited to rural Kansas towns.

What if they need to call an exterminator?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Did_9ce02d_426126.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1874  

Radical is just out to stir the pot with his random, nosensical, willy wonka-esque posts.

Hes a non-value adding feature of the site. Just ignore it. This thread has gone far off topic.... very far.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    So is it that you guys hate rich people because you are bitter because you AREN'T rich? I'm just wondering what your motivation is here. I grew up in a SMALL town that was FULL of very poor people. And, I was constantly amazed at the absolute bitterness and hatred towards anyone that had any sort of means or ability to better themselves. It's a pretty sad existence. Seems that it's not limited to rural Kansas towns.
    Do you ever wonder when and why America got segregated by income? We can discuss here:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24698

....... .. .... ... .. .... ... ... .... ... random, nosensical, willy wonka-esque posts.
    Hes a non-value adding feature of the site. Just ignore it. This thread has gone far off topic.... very far.
    Thank you, sir, for what has to be the funniest, multi-layered, "aggie" joke I've read this year.
    "random" indeed . . . heh heh heh . . .

Actually, "The Issue" (behind the thread title) was resolved at Post #2 and the thread went off topic beginning with Post #3.
    (he did it!!! he did it!!! it wasn't me!!!! he did it!)

See: Even that was an example of "lateral thinking" . . . I handed off the "blame" to someone else.
    (nevermind . . . heh heh heh)

Oh! I heard a rumor that this guy is about to qualify for a "Work Release Program"

If you happen to run into him, while he's sweeping the mud
    off of the pristine pavement, could you ask him,
    "If you're so rich then how come you're so dumb?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bernie_madoff_newyork.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	1875  

Radical is just out to stir the pot with his random, nosensical, willy wonka-esque posts.

I'm a HUGE RM fan. I used to think he was a non-value adding feature, but really, he allows us all to cool our tempers and think a bit. Don't discount his recipes, any, either. We need a little more RM and a little less vitriol.

This is such a spot-on description. Lol.

Rumor has it
    That all of the golf carts
    Plying the fairways
    Of what used to be Gaillardia
    Will be Vitriol powered.

Obviously, "Gaillardia" is fine.
    No problem.
    (how do you say that in Chinese?)
    (domo arregato?)

(with apologies to
    Kurt Vonnegut and Willy Wonka
    OSU/British spelling: Willy Wanker)

along with a "Tip o' The Hatlo Hat" (google it)
    to . . . Thunder! on account of i don't draw so good. =)

We are the 99% lol

I think that 50.31416 (+/-) 1% is closer to {reality}. =)
    In any case, thanks for providing "food for thought" . . .

Even though this thread originally got waaaaay off topic, the topic of the OP sprung back up in the news this weekend

Bank moves to foreclose on Gaillardia Golf and Country Club | News OK

25. Default Re: Gaillardia

Unless it was settled I know that the golf cart company that leases them carts were on their way with trailers to pick them all up. also the food service was suspended as well like it said in article. Lastly, they didn't even refund the $1500 for the member guest tourney that was canceled, although I expect that to change soon. Going to get a lot worse before it gets better out there.

Thread Information