Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma City Metro Projects and Construction

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Metro Projects and Construction

seriously, next thing you know we will have a motel 6 along the river. ahh whatver. im exaggerating of course. but that is a great blow to bricktown in my opinion. im deeply saddened by this news.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Metro Projects and Construction

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    seriously, next thing you know we will have a motel 6 along the river. ahh whatver. im exaggerating of course. but that is a great blow to bricktown in my opinion. im deeply saddened by this news.
    Hey. Nothing wrong with Motel Six. They are reasonable, clean, and have the neccesities of overnight stay. Personally, in the continental united states, they are my exclusive motel of choice. I have better things to do with that extra $50.00 a night.

(I suggest this be the last comment about Motel Six in this thread unless you know of one being constructed, please.)

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Metro Projects and Construction

With the Residence Inn, I at least hope that they can come up with some alternative design plan. The Residence Inns that I have seen all have outside entryways and look a lot like apartment complexes. They also have outdoor(dual/hybrid) basketball and tennis courts........No, they won't do that..Will they?
    If they do, Lower Bricktown might actually embody its name in a non-literal sense.

I too wish that Hogans project was a little taller, but simply in order to accomodate more condo units. In SoCal (especially the inland empire) the more urban, mixed use developments look a lot like these as they have long moved away from the Miami Vice feel. If they do end up having a more Mediterannean type look, u would have to question whether they fit into the overall motif. However, the only dominant style that I c n lb is suburban. The REAL Bricktown's look is classic in my opinion and something to be proud of. Lower Btown didn't emulate it at all, therefore I'm happy with anything that doesn't look totally burb-like. I think when these are done we just might be impressed.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Metro Projects and Construction

I remember there was talk not too long ago about some developers looking to build a residential mid rise by the Bricktown Ballpark. Anybody hear anything lately about that one? Seems like a great place for a mid rise, overlooking the ballpark and skyline.

I'm still shocked Hammons is building a Residence Inn (probably only 3-4 stories) instead of a 10 story (and much nicer) Embassy Suites. A 10 story building right there really would've enhanced Lower Bricktown, which has become a collection of CRAP that you can also find in any suburban area in the nation. I thought a high rise hotel like this with ground floor retail/restaurant, maybe even the possibility of it being mixed-use residential/hotel, would really be great for that part of the district...but now it's going to be another disappointment. Does Hammons not realize downtown needs A LOT more hotel rooms? Does he not realize there isn't a hotel already in Bricktown? Does he not realize there is a DEMAND for condos downtown? THEN WHY ARE YOU BUILDING A RESIDENCE INN???

I'm just hoping the next F5 dodges Moore and hits Lower Bricktown instead...

Thread Information