Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

I read that OnCue had purchased the land where Central Church of Christ is currently located. When the church moves to their new building by Moore High School they will clear the lot & get started.

Not an ideal place I would imagine as it is a hard area to get to unless you are coming off the highway. I thought the best place would be at 4th and Eastern. Buy out the couple business there on the S.W. corner and get some park business when it is constructed as well as still being near the highway.

Also heard the rumor of oncue moving in to the church location on the corner. I also agree it's a weird location in comparison to their others.

As far as the sw corner of 4th and eastern, I doubt buying out any businesses other than defunct our perhaps some fledgling mom and pop would be to costly. Not to mention they'd certainly have to purchase some re zoned real estate from neighborhood Wal-Mart (to have enough space). If anything I could see Wal-Mart buying out that circle k so they could put in a Murphy's oil but even that's a stretch.

sent from WOPR

Sorry I meant to say S.W. 4th and Broadway where there is a current older gas station and little convenient type store.

I agree 100% with that location for various reasons but mainly because it'd be more convenient for me. Not to mention those businesses are an eye sore. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they'd have to procure some land from the auto shop to fit their normal layout if not buy them out altogether, also probably not cost effective if some/all parties aren't interested in relocating.

sent from WOPR

Nothing compares to having the high visibility of having your store right on I-35 and the church location gives them that. But I agree the way the streets are laid out there is kind of messed up. The city could decide to put a stop or yield sign on the I-35 frontage road to stop North bound traffic which would allow those exiting off of I-35 to access the new store. Otherwise I see a lot of accidents happening there.

There is a yield there, most just don't notice it.

sent from WOPR

I get off at the exit everyday after work and I can attest that yield sign is heavily ignored.

If an oncue does go in there some addressing of the traffic at that intersection will eventually have to happen. There's already more traffic there now as more people are getting off there in attempt to avoid the 19th street/service road debacle.

sent from WOPR

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    The city could decide to put a stop or yield sign on the I-35 frontage road to stop North bound traffic....................
    I meant to say South bound traffic (not North) as the I-35 frontage road is one-way South bound in front of the church. The more I think about it, the only way I think it would work would be to build the store North of the existing church building, where the parking lot is now located.

Didn't catch that. Either way doesn't change the fact that there's already a yield sign there, has been forever. Like mentioned though nobody really pays much attention to it.

The additional traffic may require a full-on stop sign however.

sent from WOPR

Any updates on the 7-11? Someone on the Moore, OK facebook group said they heard the City was fighting with the owners about something.

They need one of those stop signs with the flashing border like on NE 122nd at Broadway Extension ramps lol... It's hard to ignore those.

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Didn't catch that. Either way doesn't change the fact that there's already a yield sign there, has been forever. Like mentioned though nobody really pays much attention to it.

The additional traffic may require a full-on stop sign however.

sent from WOPR

Any news lately? Saw cars parked around the entrances & some people walking on slab Wednesday afternoon.

Bump.

I am just shocked that 7-11 hasn't rebuilt yet on such a heavily traveled location. I could understand maybe waiting a year out of courtesy to the people that lost their lives there. Anyone know what the hold up is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mailslinger View Post
    I am just shocked that 7-11 hasn't rebuilt yet on such a heavily traveled location. I could understand maybe waiting a year out of courtesy to the people that lost their lives there. Anyone know what the hold up is?
    If I had my guess its a combination of 7-11 wanting to build a bigger location and the city of Moore being in the early planning stages of improving that intersection.

Whatever the hold up may be I have a feeling they will be itching to get it solved now that OnCue has started the demo on that church.

I sent an email to the 7-11 corporate office about rebuilding and received this one sentence response:

You will see us under construction very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    I sent an email to the 7-11 corporate office about rebuilding and received this one sentence response:

You will see us under construction very soon!
    Work has finally started! They were tearing up the old slab today.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yep, drove by there yesterday and saw that too! I guess they figured if OnCue was already clearing for construction they better get started! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    Yep, drove by there yesterday and saw that too! I guess they figured if OnCue was already clearing for construction they better get started! lol!
    It is going to be a "concept store" and supposedly will be pretty large. Not sure what this entails though!

23. Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Where exactly was the working being done? I drove by today and saw nothing had changed. Maybe it wasn't that noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Where exactly was the working being done? I drove by today and saw nothing had changed. Maybe it wasn't that noticeable?
    They were jack hammering the slab the actual building sat on.

25. Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

They were jack hammering the slab the actual building sat on.
    Gotcha. Makes sense why I couldn't see anything from the road.

Thanks!

Thread Information