Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OKC Wikipedia Page.

Default Re: OKC Wikipedia Page.

If anyone has the updated population numbers with sources please post them and I will get them up on the page. I do not understand the heading for the picture gallery? I uploaded those pictures earlier in the year and that heading wasn't there. Its almost like Wikipedia doesn't want them there?

2. Default Re: OKC Wikipedia Page.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfever View Post
    If anyone has the updated population numbers with sources please post them and I will get them up on the page. I do not understand the heading for the picture gallery? I uploaded those pictures earlier in the year and that heading wasn't there. Its almost like Wikipedia doesn't want them there?
    Looks like they want the pictures in a separate gallery at Wikimedia Commons, what ever that is.

You can obtain official, U.S. Census Bureau, OKC population numbers at:

Oklahoma City city, Oklahoma - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder

I forgot to add, you need to go down to ACS Demographic Estimates. If you hit, "Show More", it breaks population down by groups.

There is a section on the "Move of the Sonics" that had been titled "theft" of the Sonics. I changed it back.

I don't see what Wikipedia's problem with the photo gallery is. I've seen it on other articles, such as the one about Yankee Stadium, and there is no such banner on there saying this seems to be a photo gallery.

5. Default Re: OKC Wikipedia Page.

Basically I think they prefer that you integrate them into the article and associated articles, such as "Neighborhoods of OKC".

6. Default Re: OKC Wikipedia Page.

I occasionally edit over there, and the "neutrality" guys have a point: a lot of the page sounds defensive and/or promotional, neither of which is among Wikipedia's desiderata.

Had I the time, I'd rewrite the sucker completely, but alas, I live on the same 24-hour days as the rest of the planet.

I reread the Tulsa page, and it's a bit on the bland side, which is precisely what you want in an online encyclopedia: if you want opinions, there are zillions of places to find them.

Thread Information