Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conference realignments

Default Re: Conference realignments

But OSU president Burns Hargis has commented that he doesn't like the idea of OSU switching to another conference.

It has begun. Colorado is gone, Nebraska should leave tomorrow.

I think it will be awesome to be in the Pac-16. The competition should be better since we won't have Iowa State or Baylor anymore. As a football fan, the idea of regular matchups with the Pac-10 schools is awesome. I can't wait to make a trip to watch OU play at Cal and UCLA someday. I'm also looking forward to developing the rivalries with U of A and ASU. I was at OU back in the '80s when we played ASU in the Fiesta Bowl. I thought then the ASU folks were very similar to OU. I just like everything about it.

So what is the Big 12 going to do? Become the Big 8 again or just totally split up to different conferences?

Well, I'm gonna guess it won't be The Little V Conference so yeah, I'd say it's kaputz and everyone goes somewhere else. But there will still be this season and next regarding all sports as far as Big XII play goes...

Gary Shutt, OSU director of communications, issued this statement Thursday afternoon:

“The report circulating about an immediate announcement today concerning Oklahoma State University and conference realignment is without merit. There are no announcements planned by Oklahoma State University. We remain committed to the Big 12 Conference. If there are additional defections we will have to evaluate our options.”

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's just a front. How did OU react to TMZs report on Tiny Gallon? They put out a release denying that report.

Its known that 6 Big 12 schools have been given invitations to the Pac 10. Colorado has accepted. After Nebraska's conference tomorrow regarding putting in an application to the Big 10, what do those other 5 schools do? Follow suit? And then I hear tonight on the news, a possible every man for themselves..OU to the SEC, Texas and A&M to the Big 10, OSU to the Pac 10, and Tech who knows. But the most probable is all to the PAC leaving the Little 4 and a screwed over Mizzou which is fine by me!

Thread Information