Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OKC Top Employers

Default Re: OKC Top Employers

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    And does the 1100 for BOKF include all the employees in all the other states besides OK?
    BOKF has over 5k employees company-wide. OKC is 2nd only to Tulsa HQ, Denver also has a large BOKF presence

2. Default Re: OKC Top Employers

surprised not to see AT&T, which has the regional hq in OKC.

Good to see Boeing and the financial companies. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

The UCO number on that list is low but with a caveat, it's the staff and faculty count but without student employees. I wouldn't be shocked if the OU numbers have a similar missing element.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Gov. StifT,
    Were is Oklahoma?
    Micron is investing $100 billion to build microchips in Syracuse.
    Intel is investing $20 billion to do the same in Columbus.
    IBM is investing $20 billion in Poughkeepsie.

And TSMC is investing $40 billion right here in Phoenix.
    Believe it or not, USA Rare Earth is investing 100 Million in a facility in Stillwater. This was announced this past June, with production scheduled in 2023.
    It's all over the internet, pretty interesting processes they do.

Dolese has 1000+ (majority in OKC Metro areas) statewide employed and is one of the oldest operating companies in Oklahoma.

OU Health laying off 100 employees. They have also suspended their retirement match for next 6-12 months. They've been downgraded by Moody's largely due to debt levels compared to cash on hand (1.3 billion in debt)

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    OU Health laying off 100 employees. They have also suspended their retirement match for next 6-12 months. They've been downgraded by Moody's largely due to debt levels compared to cash on hand (1.3 billion in debt)
    I heard they are also reducing PTO.

Interesting about OU Health, they appeared to be on the brink of a major expansion. Similar to how many other states have hospital systems operated by their flagship universities.

Being the sole Level 1 trauma center in the state exposes them to excessive debt load. While they never have much liquidity on hand, apparently it has never been this little.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Interesting about OU Health, they appeared to be on the brink of a major expansion. Similar to how many other states have hospital systems operated by their flagship universities.
    To hear the employees talking about it, the only major expansion has been in the c-suite.
    One of the major employee perks in years past was that OU tuition was waived or discounted greatly for themselves or their kids. That perk has also been removed.

Where did the last list of employers go? It appears 3 seeks of posts disappeared.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    To hear the employees talking about it, the only major expansion has been in the c-suite.
    One of the major employee perks in years past was that OU tuition was waived or discounted greatly for themselves or their kids. That perk has also been removed.
    This isn’t totally accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    This isn’t totally accurate.
    Flesh out the deets, by all means. I'm not an employee.

Integris cut 200 positions yesterday without much warning. 140 people lost jobs, not sure in which departments, but I know IT was affected.

15. Default Re: OKC Top Employers

Until recently I thought that Hobby Lobby would be on the list. They raised wages and added an onsite medical facility. That all sounds good on the surface. I have a neighbor who works there and they treat people like cattle. They get 3 holidays a year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years. Last Christmas fell on Sunday so they gave them Monday off but made them all work the following Saturday to make up for it. He also gets written up if he has miss work to go to a doctors appointment. They have a lot of turn over and it is no wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Until recently I thought that Hobby Lobby would be on the list. They raised wages and added an onsite medical facility. That all sounds good on the surface. I have a neighbor who works there and they treat people like cattle. They get 3 holidays a year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years. Last Christmas fell on Sunday so they gave them Monday off but made them all work the following Saturday to make up for it. He also gets written up if he has miss work to go to a doctors appointment. They have a lot of turn over and it is no wonder.
    And their warehouses -- where the huge majority of their employees work -- are not air-conditioned.

Tons of people have left for Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Integris cut 200 positions yesterday without much warning. 140 people lost jobs, not sure in which departments, but I know IT was affected.
    Direct care providers were affected, per the grapevine. Travel nurses are costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And their warehouses -- where the huge majority of their employees work -- are not air-conditioned.

Tons of people have left for Amazon.
    I wonder if Amazon is air conditioned. It doesn't seem feasible to air condition buildings that big and wide open

Deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I wonder if Amazon is air conditioned. It doesn't seem feasible to air condition buildings that big and wide open
    Yes all of their buildings are climate controlled. Usually stay somewhere in the low to mid 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Yes all of their buildings are climate controlled. Usually stay somewhere in the low to mid 70s.
    Have to keep the robots' computers from overheating. I guess they better keep the human workers cool too.........

My Dr left Integris to go work for Hobby Lobby a few years ago.

Blog Entries

If you look at employees ratings on Indeed, there have been almost 6 thousand reviews and they have a 3.6 out of 5 rating. Better than your statement would seem to indicate.

FWIW, Zippia has them rated this way:

Hobby Lobby is ranked #25 on the Best Companies to Work For in Oklahoma list. Zippia's Best Places to Work lists provide unbiased, data-based evaluations of companies. Rankings are based on government and proprietary data on salaries, company financial health, and employee diversity.

#25 in Best Companies to Work For in Oklahoma
    #1 in Best Retail Companies to Work For in Oklahoma
    #8 in Best Companies to Work For in Oklahoma City, OK
    #1 in Best Retail Companies to Work For in Oklahoma City, OK
    #1 in Biggest Companies in Oklahoma
    #1 in Biggest Companies in Oklahoma City, OK

We have to keep in mind that not all the Hobby Lobby jobs are created equal. The amount of pay and benefits a retail store worker at Hobby works is better than your average retail job.

I think the minimum for retail is $18 an hour for HL.

Thread Information