Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New waterpark theme park announced

1. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Venture, this one does have the hotel...more like existing hotel. Packages were already in the work.
    Like what SW said...I'm talking about water park/hotel combos...not the arrangement they have with the Embassy Suites a half mile to a mile away. Google Hotel With Water Parks and you'll get a list of what I'm talking about...
    http://themeparks.about.com/od/findi...ater-parks.htm
    http://www.clarionwaterpark.com/index.shtml
    http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...olidome-hotels
    http://www.cocokeywaterresort.com/Lo...ers/index.aspx

Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Okay, I've seen some sweet waterparks on The Travel Channel and if this isn't anythink like those then this is just local news and only good for those of you that live over that way. It needs to be something that puts OKC metro on the map for more than the memorial or an outlet mall or a canal or basketball games.
    I hate being the last post especially when it needs to be read...

I get what venture is talking about. I do hope this starts a trend here in Oklahoma City to build water parks/theme parks along with hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Okay, I've seen some sweet waterparks on The Travel Channel and if this isn't anythink like those then this is just local news and only good for those of you that live over that way. It needs to be something that puts OKC metro on the map for more than the memorial or an outlet mall or a canal or basketball games.
    Especially since there are bigger and better cities than Oklahoma City that have those. Maybe not all of them in one but still there are the same things in better cities.

5. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

4 million isn't going to get anything near what White Water is. I'm thinking something a bit larger than what used to be on I-35 years ago. Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35? Had a big hill with a twisting water slide. Looks like something to complement their existing venue.

Quote Originally Posted by bbatesokc
    Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35?
    yep. around se 51st, if i remember right. i don't remember the waterpark's name but the go-cart attraction was called malibu grand prix. -M

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    4 million isn't going to get anything near what White Water is. I'm thinking something a bit larger than what used to be on I-35 years ago. Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35? Had a big hill with a twisting water slide. Looks like something to complement their existing venue.
    if you look up the history of white water bay, they started out really small as well then grew...
    Below is a list of the names of the rides on opening day at whie water bay , and what they are currently named.

Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
    The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
    Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
    The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
    Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.

8. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    if you look up the history of white water bay, they started out really small as well then grew...
    Below is a list of the names of the rides on opening day at whie water bay , and what they are currently named.

Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
    The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
    Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
    The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
    Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.
    I can't speak for what the future may hold for the new park - I am simply speaking to the immediate post of $4 million for a new waterpark. I don't think that's going to buy what some people here are envisioning.

I can't speak for what the future may hold for the new park - I am simply speaking to the immediate post of $4 million for a new waterpark. I don't think that's going to buy what some people here are envisioning.
    4.5 million is a good start, andy alligator (Kyle) has been saving for a couple years now to make sure this project gets off the ground with guaranteed funds. I am glad they are thinking realistically instead of bitting of more then they can chew to start with...

$4.5 million will get you a nice zero-entry pool with a few kiddie novelties and a couple of small slides. It won't be anything comparable to White Water, now or ever, and I don't think they plan to or are able to grow it to that level either.

It will however be a very nice addition for the community. We don't necessarily need a massive water park to have fun. The bigger they are the more expensive they are, so a small park like this will enable people to go numerous times over the summer.

It could look something like this:

or this:

There was a water park I use to go to a lot when I was younger in Coppell, TX that looks very similiar to the last picture and it was extremely fun.

12. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Reminds me of the water park in Midwest City. very popular with parents.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    There was a water park I use to go to a lot when I was younger in Coppell, TX that looks very similiar to the last picture and it was extremely fun.
    You wouldnt be talking about Burger Lake would you by chance? Its actually a spring fed lake in the fort worth area that i spent many a day there as a young whippersnapper.
    http://www.burgerslake.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    You wouldnt be talking about Burger Lake would you by chance? Its actually a spring fed lake in the fort worth area that i spent many a day there as a young whippersnapper.
    http://www.burgerslake.com/
    Yes sir that's it. I spent pretty much my entire summers there between the time I was 5 and 10.

if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied.

16. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied.
    Or, some people are not very realistic. They have no idea what the reach of a future water park will be - but reality says $4 million doesn't buy you anything close to White Water. I'll take realistic over pie in the sky any day.

Whatever the hell it is I'm sure my kids will love it so let em pick away

18. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Funny part is, I didn't read anyone putting down their expansion as a bad or even neutral thing - simply putting it into perspective.

19. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

They could be bigger more than we think. Don't forget about used rides posted online all the time for fantastic deals. It don't have to be all new. It can be painted (if need to) to appear spanky new. Chill out, guys, just wait to see more on the plans. :-)

In other news, we have a bid from Brian and Jesseda taking Thunder out for a day at the park!

20. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

They could be bigger more than we think. Don't forget about used rides posted online all the time for fantastic deals. It don't have to be all new. It can be painted (if need to) to appear spanky new. Chill out, guys, just wait to see more on the plans. :-)

In other news, we have a bid from Brian and Jesseda taking Thunder out for a day at the park!
    Not gonna happen.

Yeah, let MDot tag along too! :-)

I agree with bbatesokc that it will probably turn out to be something like MWC has at first then expand,if it turns out to be something like MWC has it will be a good attraction,everytime I drive by Regional in the Summer that place is packed to the brim!

23. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Not gonna happen.
    You can't say that. Not now, not ever.

You can't say that. Not now, not ever.
    In the words of Justin Beiber, never say never.

25. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Man, how the hell did we get Justin Beiber on this forum. :-(

Thread Information