Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hatch

Default Re: Hatch

Some new renderings showing the signage:

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Nothing wrong with closing at 3; many breakfasts spots do the same.
    Some people like to eat good breakfast food for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Some people like to eat good breakfast food for dinner.
    Yep, or just late afternoon. It's insane the number of places that serve breakfast here that stop at 10:30, 11:30, or 2:00. In the west burbs of Chicago, we could choose between probably 30-40 places that served breakfast after 2:00-3:00, and here there's about 5 (not counting IHOP 'cos we don't like them - too expensive and food's not that good), if even that (yeah, yeah, bigger population, whatever, but I'm just talking about strictly a subset of the west burbs, which probably has a population of 2-3 million, maybe). Is it the culture/past history of here (farmers, cowboys, etc. that rise at dawn) that makes it that way, I wonder? We're night people and seem like we're in a *very* small minority here, as opposed to not so much where we've lived in the past...

Where I'm from, breakfast is right after last call most times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yep, or just late afternoon. It's insane the number of places that serve breakfast here that stop at 10:30, 11:30, or 2:00. In the west burbs of Chicago, we could choose between probably 30-40 places that served breakfast after 2:00-3:00, and here there's about 5 (not counting IHOP 'cos we don't like them - too expensive and food's not that good), if even that (yeah, yeah, bigger population, whatever, but I'm just talking about strictly a subset of the west burbs, which probably has a population of 2-3 million, maybe). Is it the culture/past history of here (farmers, cowboys, etc. that rise at dawn) that makes it that way, I wonder? We're night people and seem like we're in a *very* small minority here, as opposed to not so much where we've lived in the past...
    There are 5 that aren't IHOP/Denny's? Where/who? The only one I've been able to find is Pickles and I guess Cracker Barrel.

There are 5 that aren't IHOP/Denny's? Where/who? The only one I've been able to find is Pickles and I guess Cracker Barrel.
    Classen Grille and Ingrid's come to mind. Looking forward to Hatch. Downtown definitely needs more breakfast options.

Katie's on 2nd/Santa Fe (4 PM), Joey's on 122nd/May (3 PM), Bonjour on Portland/Memorial (4? PM), all on Saturdays, though. So yeah, maybe not, sorry...

Not really dinner time, though. I want breakfast at 7pm.

Not really dinner time, though. I want breakfast at 7pm.
    Yeah, I know, for that it's IHOP, Denny's, or Waffle House, most likely, and I won't go to any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, I know, for that it's IHOP, Denny's, or Waffle House, most likely, and I won't go to any of them.
    Beverly's is open 24 hours and much better than the options listed above. (I know that is only one option, that I can think of at least, in a city of our size.)

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Beverly's is open 24 hours and much better than the options listed above. (I know that is only one option, that I can think of at least, in a city of our size.)
    Used to go there, back when they were on Penn/NW Expwy, only been once to the new (relatively speaking) location and it ain't all that anymore (never really was that great, IMO, but it was just acceptable the last time we went, not much more than that), but yeah, forgot about them, so we do have 1. RIP Village Inn and Girlie Pancake House...

Will they have mimosas? Hopefully some vegetarian options? If yes to both, my wife and I may as well just move in!

13. Default Re: Hatch

From their Instagram feed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	12566

They took a big chunk out of the wall in the rear of the restaurant. I would assume this is to get equipment in easier.

^

That's an existing overhead door they used to bring cars in and out in the old days. Big ramp inside there, too.

They replaced the existing casement windows on the north side (same windows as rest of Buick Building) and are cutting new window openings as well.

Anyone know when Hatch is opening?

60 to 90 days.

Sign is up.

20. Default Re: Hatch

Looks great! Mmmmm...eggs...

They are getting very close now...

Looks good!

any opening date set?

Still about a month out.

Interior looks awesome, very creative and original. Patio seems small, I wonder how many tables will fit out there.

Thread Information