Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmond 66 Park Softball Complex

Default Re: New Softball Complex

hmmm.... They've apparently updated their site with a new layout and graphics... I think that is why. I am unable to find the article.

HangryHippo Guest

While I do think the recent improvements to the Norman Transcript and Edmond Sun websites have helped make them marginally better, they are still awful websites.

Has anyone seen the new layout for the OK Gazette or OKC.biz? That's a very clean, easy to navigate setup that's enjoyable to utilize. I wish more of our local news websites would take lessons on how to construct decent websites. Particularly given the emphasis on digital content and immediate news delivery bringing so many visitors to an outdated, dysfunctional website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    While I do think the recent improvements to the Norman Transcript and Edmond Sun websites have helped make them marginally better, they are still awful websites.

Has anyone seen the new layout for the OK Gazette or OKC.biz? That's a very clean, easy to navigate setup that's enjoyable to utilize. I wish more of our local news websites would take lessons on how to construct decent websites. Particularly given the emphasis on digital content and immediate news delivery bringing so many visitors to an outdated, dysfunctional website.
    Agreed.

BTW, thanks for those website. I knew nothing about them. I've heard of the Gazette, but didn't think enough of it to visit it. nice news sites

The ASA Mens C National softball tourney was suppose to be held at this park this weekend. Over 50 teams from 5 states are entered and they had to move ballparks because this wasnt ready. They have moved it to Mustang's softball fields. Disappointment for sure.

Finally about done with the fields. Was told that the city was suppose to hand over the keys to the Edmond Adult Softball Association on March 1. We'll see if it actually happens.

I'm glad. This theft delayed the opening further than it already was (and cost the city plenty of money).

I agree. Copper theft in general angers me and it's good to see some people get caught for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I agree. Copper theft in general angers me and it's good to see some people get caught for it.
    I prefer it when they get caught, by trying to steal a "live" wire, and are electrocuted to death. Like, Crispy, burnt black, with dark magenta puss oozing out of their eye sockets electrocuted.

With all the copper theft going on, I cannot get anyone to take some old copper plumbing tubing I took out. I left it next to my driveway for all most 6 months and no one took it. I've been driving around with it in a box in the back of my truck and still no luck. I even went up to Minn. for 2 weeks and no one took it. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    With all the copper theft going on, I cannot get anyone to take some old copper plumbing tubing I took out. I left it next to my driveway for all most 6 months and no one took it. I've been driving around with it in a box in the back of my truck and still no luck. I even went up to Minn. for 2 weeks and no one took it. Go figure.
    If it's still in the back of your truck, drive it to a metal recycling center and sell it. Be your own copper thief.

From the city's website:

First Event Set for Edmond 66 Park Softball Complex

EDMOND, OK – A small ceremony will take place Wednesday, April 8th at 12:00 pm to signify the opening of the Edmond 66 Park Softball Complex. Edmond 66 Park is located on Post Road and Second Street (Route 66).

The Special Olympics of Oklahoma will be hosting a state qualifier softball tournament with over 30 teams participating in the one-day tournament. An official ribbon cutting event will take place during May.

“We are excited for this event to take place at our new complex,” said Parks and Recreation Director Craig Dishman. “It has been a long process completing this complex, but we are positive that participants will enjoy playing on these fields and the amenities. We look forward to the many events that will take place and additional facilities in the near future.”

The Edmond 66 Park Softball Complex was constructed at a cost of $6,292,863. Miller-Tippens Construction of Oklahoma City was the contractor for the project.

More information on the City of Edmond’s Parks and Recreation opportunities can be found at edmondparks.com.

- Edmond, OK - Official Website

Thread Information