Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Pickle (SE corner 63rd/MLK)

Default Re: SE corner 63rd/MLK

Quote Originally Posted by Hieusays View Post
    I wonder how far along this Pickleball complex is in the planning phase. Is this going to be another announcement with plans filed that fails to materialize like the multitude of other proposed projects in the area over the years? I feel like there is almost enough momentum to start attracting a project or investment that will draw in other development. It feels like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it first.
    As you can see from the photo at the top of this thread, they have already started on substantial site work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieusays View Post
    I wonder how far along this Pickleball complex is in the planning phase. Is this going to be another announcement with plans filed that fails to materialize like the multitude of other proposed projects in the area over the years? I feel like there is almost enough momentum to start attracting a project or investment that will draw in other development. It feels like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it first.
    they have been planning for a long long time ..

this is moving forward ..

Default Re: Social Pickle (SE corner 63rd/MLK)

Doesn't actually look like the pickleball complex has started yet. Those are the 2 volleyball buildings (larger is indoor volleyball, smaller is sand).

This project is set to get $1.5 million in TIF, which requires completely redoing the boundaries for the NE TIF district.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project is set to get $1.5 million in TIF, which requires completely redoing the boundaries for the NE TIF district.
    wouldn't this pull from the getting ready to be created Adventure District TIF(s)

https://www.okc.gov/Home/Components/News/News/5038/140

https://www.okc.gov/home/showpublish...80111442670000

^

Nope, they are redrawing the boundaries of the NE District specifically for this project.

Getting TIF money after the project has begun? And more TIF for more pickle ball? Why exactly?

As I've said, just make OKC city limits one giant TIF instead of picking winners and losers.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Getting TIF money after the project has begun? And more TIF for more pickle ball? Why exactly?

As I've said, just make OKC city limits one giant TIF instead of picking winners and losers.
    I don't think it's just for the pickleball facility. And it is the fastest growing sport in the country, by far. And OKC is woefully short on the number of courts. This will be a very good investment, as the volleyball area will hold many tournaments, as well, both sand and indoor. Those people travel, as well, so area hotels and restaurants will benefit.

Not sure what your complaint is on this one. $1.5 million is a fart in a hurricane for OKC.

https://nondoc.com/2024/10/22/northe...sa-volleyball/

the fact the John pettis is involved in OKC gov in any way (even on a committee like this ) is crazy town ..

there are also rumors that he is going to try to run for the Nice council seat when she leaves next month ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    https://nondoc.com/2024/10/22/northe...sa-volleyball/

the fact the John pettis is involved in OKC gov in any way (even on a committee like this ) is crazy town ..

there are also rumors that he is going to try to run for the Nice council seat when she leaves next month ..
    I talked to Camal Pennington and he said there are four people running for it and John is included in it.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I talked to Camal Pennington and he said there are four people running for it and John is included in it.
    i thought part of his deal to avoid jail time was to never run for office again ??

hmmmm

Thread Information