Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

Wait, Wait!!! Why didn't we think of this SOONER? Here's the name:

The OKLAHOMA DESPERADOS! It's even got an "S" on the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    Wait, Wait!!! Why didn't we think of this SOONER? Here's the name:

The OKLAHOMA DESPERADOS! It's even got an "S" on the end of it.

***Quietly stares off glassy-eyed in another direction***

Desperado . . . why don't you come to your senses? Oh no, then that would make total sense in the forum

4. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

We've been "out riding fences" on this mascot issue "for so long now."

5. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

That name might work.. after all, they are the 'New Kid in Town' ... Seattle let them go, ' I Can't Tell You Why', but they left 'Life in the Fast Lane' to come to OKC.

True, Seattle fans are dealing a 'Heartache Tonight and it looks like it's going to be another 'Tequila Sunrise'

But in the 'Long Run' , Seattle fans will get a new team, and their days of visiting the 'Sad Cafe' and being a 'Victim of Love' will be long gone

But well give them the 'Best of our Love' and 'One of These Nights' they won't even remember Seattle.

And we never know, 'After the Thrill is Gone', we might be experiencing some of the same feelings that Seattle is feeling.

tee hee,

a) too much time on my hands
    b) I love the Eagles
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

MadMonk Guest

I'll like the name Desperados "When Hell Freezes Over". Being "The New Kid In Town" it's probably tough on the team not knowing their name. But in "The Long Run", I'm sure it'll all work out so this discussion is "Wasted Time". Just "Get Over It" and you'll get a "Peaceful Easy Feeling" "In a New York Minute".

Thank you...thank you very much.

BTW, anyone tried the Sam Adams Irish Red? It's pretty decent stuff.

7. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

Nice.......

I've always wanted to visit Ireland.

8. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

Seattle sued Clay Bennett as "The Last Resort" but in the end it was just "Wasted Time". Eventually, they'll "Get Over It" and stop hating us because "Love Will Keep Us Alive".

If they do go with Desperados, they should rename one of the restaurants "Sunset Grill".

What is this thread about? Anyway, I LOVE Mac & Cheese, but only with fat macaroni.

10. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

This thread is like Seinfeld. It's about absolutely nothing.

11. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

And funny as heck.

Speaking of macaroni, the jury is out, low carb diets work the best, which has thrown me into a state of depression.

What is life, I ask, without pasta and bread, a baked potato or french fries... it's no life at all I tell ya. Anyone tried Zoloft?

hey guys only a couple more months till the state fair. who wants happy meals...

13. Default Re: when discussions get off topic... please, make your opinion known!

In that context, my "happy meal" is a turkey leg in one hand and a funnel cake in the other.

^ lol this is getting real silly ...go!!! gary england

Quote Originally Posted by Nawfside OKC View Post
    hey guys only a couple more months till the state fair. who wants happy meals...

You're right, the fair is right around the corner!

Oh!!! By the way, the temperature in Magnolia Springs, Alabama is now 84 degrees. (Chance of some storms tomorrow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    And funny as heck.

Speaking of macaroni, the jury is out, low carb diets work the best, which has thrown me into a state of depression.

What is life, I ask, without pasta and bread, a baked potato or french fries... it's no life at all I tell ya. Anyone tried Zoloft?

"Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye". Yogi Berra once said, "I try to go to as many other people's funerals as possible, otherwise, they won't come to mine".

SouthsideSooner Guest

Yogi also said " nobody goes there anymore, it's always too crowded"

I never meant for all this to happen you know...

It all started when we won the DHS contract to create a terrorist database. Mr. Magenta immediately demanded that we develop using MUMPS. I knew he was up to no good, but little did I know that I was an unwitting pawn in his grand scheme, a pawn being manipulated from moment one.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy View Post
    "never-ending" thread.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

My first step was to write tot he head of Homeland Security to explain the dire consequences of using MUMPS. I explained the many dangers, though in hindsight I realize I failed to provide enough detail. It was then that I made the truly fatal error of telling the director it was imperative that he eliminate or destroy any and all traces of MUMPS, else DHS would fail, and terrorism would triumph.

But really, what can Mr. Magenta do to you?

Mr. Magenta knew me all too well. My hot temper and brash behavior. The way my tendency to exaggerate is compounded by terse commenting style. My overwhelming hatred of MUMPS. It wasn't all my fault though. If only the DHS director hadn't forwarded that email to everyone in his address book. DHS, CIA, FBI, NSA, the heads of the armed forces... they all received that email, and his note... DESTROY ALL TRACES...

That's when the proverbial **** hit the fan... Mr. Magenta counted on that too - stupidity in all levels of government, action without thought, near-sighted, knee-jerk, reaction to a perceived danger. The mass executions began immediately. They scanned the medical databases, the supposed private ones, and led the vaccinated away - destroy all traces after all... tens of millions of Americans died and all record of their existence was erased.

Thread Information