Widgets Magazine
Page 199 of 486 FirstFirst ... 99149194195196197198199200201202203204249299 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 12138

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Took mom to the ER, so here is a night time view from St. Anthony hospital.

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    The Devon tower is already as tall as the Oklahoma Tower, which the camera is in. Meaning, no matter how high up in the tower we move the camera, we still won't be able to see what they're doing on the top floors of the Devon. To get a good view now we would need to have a camera in the Chase.
    He's referring to the 'you must have a Daily Oklahoman subscription to access this cam' cam. It sits on top of the Oklahoma Tower. I sent Steve a message since he has a lot to do with the Skyline cam. That was over two weeks ago and I have yet to hear back from him on the subject. He's been active on here so he must have ignored my request to investigate further (kinda backwards since that's what he does, lol). He may be too busy so I don't know really. But it is annoying because the pic is too grainy and you can't really see the rotunda construction unless they zoom it in. A raised camera would be nice because the construction would pretty much be level with a horizon shot. Everything above that may be a little disorienting because there will be no ground in the shot, just all sky.

MadMonk Guest

What we need is a cam on the crane!
    (Not holding my breath on that one)

We need one of those user controlled cams like I have seen at some ski resorts. User gets around a minute to steer the cam and control zoom. (I wont hold my breath either)

5. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Mike63 View Post
    We need one of those user controlled cams like I have seen at some ski resorts. User gets around a minute to steer the cam and control zoom. (I wont hold my breath either)
    You know, I should have thought of that. This is the best cam I've seen. Colorado is like a second home to me and it's an awesome way to visit virtually. Wouldn't this be great downtown?

http://www.littletongov.org/cupolacam/default.asp

If you're using Windows 7, you need to right click your desktop, click "Personalize", then from the Windows 7 "Aero" theme, to "Windows 7 Basic" under "Basic and High Contrast Themes". Then refresh the page. I have no idea why this works. That's if it doesn't work for you already.

At www.50states.com there is an extensive live webcam section. While watching a street corner in some small town on Long Island I witnessed a near crash. A car made U-turn right in front of another car and they just missed. This was about 10 years ago which might have made me the first cyber witness had they actually crashed. Who knows, I might have been the one that had to call 911 even though I was a 1000 miles away.

To find the web cams click on a state name and look under Cam World

7. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Here are the photos I took last night to finish out my Christmas 2010 blog post:

8. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Is it just the picture, weather, or are they actually activating the tint on those windows?

Very nice Doug, thank you for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Is it just the picture, weather, or are they actually activating the tint on those windows?
    The 5 levels where you see the difference in color are because they don't have the windows on yet.

Great pictures Doug - thanks for posting!

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Thanks, DC and Lauri, and a very Merry Christmas to us all!

13. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    The 5 levels where you see the difference in color are because they don't have the windows on yet.
    Ahhh, I didn't think of that! Is the rising still on the same pace? It seem to me that it is slowing down, but it could just be that it is taller and the taller it gets, the slower it appears. I do want to know if it is true that we have a law that no construction workers can work below 32 outside? My brother's boss said this and it makes sense since he do not work until temp is above 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ahhh, I didn't think of that! Is the rising still on the same pace? It seem to me that it is slowing down, but it could just be that it is taller and the taller it gets, the slower it appears. I do want to know if it is true that we have a law that no construction workers can work below 32 outside? My brother's boss said this and it makes sense since he do not work until temp is above 32.
    I'm positive this past winter probably had several days below 32 degrees. That didn't slow down construction that I know of or remember. There's probably certain variables in place, like wind and conditions. If it's just a crisp cold day, they're working. They're not even working today. The cranes haven't changed position once on the still cam today, so maybe that's what you're thinking of (in regards to the speed at which the construction is going up).

Maybe Devon let them take a 2 day break for Christmas (Eve and Day).

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Maybe Devon let them take a 2 day break for Christmas (Eve and Day).
    That is exactly what I'm thinking.

17. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Good for them to take a 2 days break, but was just wondering if there was an actual law passed about outdoor temperature.

Here's wishing a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all those living in God's country (the Sooner state)! : ) Keep up the excellent work submitting the pictures and commentary about Oklahoma City's newest landmark. I miss Oklahoma... no snow for Christmas is just not right. : ) Ho-Ho-Ho from Phoenix (Peoria), Az

19. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Your videos are always awesome and I truly appreciate them. Thanks for taking the time to make them!

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    William, your videos are simply outstanding, thanks so much. Others might want to see more of them ... http://vimeo.com/17873213 for starters ...

awesome video doug! thanks.

Merry Christmas OKC and OKC Talk posters! In spite of what sometimes may seem like less than postive posts, I love OKC and my home State. The city is growing and prospering and it is forums like this by concerned locals and expatriates that lets me know that you're doing fine OKLAHOMA. Merry Christmas!!!

24. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    William, your videos are simply outstanding, thanks so much. Others might want to see more of them ... http://vimeo.com/17873213 for starters ...
    Thanks Doug! I was going to do a Christmas Day clip with better weather but it turned out exactly the same.

Merry Christmas. View from the airport and then some tinkering with Photoshop on the last picture. Not the greatest, would rather see it in real life at full height. I'm sick of renderings!

Thread Information