Widgets Magazine
Page 198 of 486 FirstFirst ... 98148193194195196197198199200201202203248298 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 12138

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    He works for the Colcord, doubt his employer would appreciate that.
    OUCH! I've been outed! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Notice on each side of the light posts in the middle of the picture. On the right, Devon, and its elevator cores. On the left, Oklahoma, and the top of its mechanical housing. I took this photo 15 minutes ago on my way to work.
    Holy cow ...you can barely see in that shot...my view is from much closer...but from the side so you can compare. This morning the boom on the concrete pump I believe was above the penthouse on The OK Tower.

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing - and this is just a guess, but based on this photo above the design of the top is changing. The final version will now look something like this, only on a larger scale.

or this

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Holy cow ...you can barely see in that shot...my view is from much closer...but from the side so you can compare. This morning the boom on the concrete pump I believe was above the penthouse on The OK Tower.
    lol, as I stated, it with with my cell phone. Only if I had a $5,000 300mm telephoto lens for my Olympus E-500 dSLR could I get a way better pic from there. Unfortunately, I don't have the change to pick one of those up...

Taken this morning with IPhone, from IRS building, SW corner office looking due west

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauri101/5276528693/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauri10...n/photostream/

and finally

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauri10...n/photostream/

I got a new camera for Christmas, so when I get back to work in January, I'll try and get some daylight pictures. I'm shooting from 4th floor, so can't get much of a wide-angle view while this close.

Kerry... I don't understand why you would think that?

Kerry, I saw what you did at first and had to scratch my head -- I wondered the same thing. However, it is an optical illusion. The black nets that go around the tower to prevent debris from flying below is masking the floor below the top two. Therefore making the top two floors appear to stick out further than the rest of the tower.

^^I think Kerry was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    ^^I think Kerry was being sarcastic.
    I'm gonna go with this too. Each floor constructed has been seen from a different angle. Especially now, since they're casting that downward shadow. I had to look at the pic for a moment too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Even though the building has six sides, it kind of has the illusion of being round thanks to the reflective glass. It is starting to look more like a pole than a building and I just imagined a giant sunsphere or UFO at the top (or maybe a teather ball).

11. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Nor do I, Kerry, I taking the photo you linked to. The upward progression, as far as I can tell, matches the models we've been presented with. What do you see that I don't, as far as the topping out is concerned. Or were you just kidding?

How in the world would you think that?

This is off topic but i had to ask, how is staying up and watching the lunar eclipse tonight? Next one is in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Nor do I, Kerry, I taking the photo you linked to. The upward progression, as far as I can tell, matches the models we've been presented with. What do you see that I don't, as far as the topping out is concerned. Or were you just kidding?
    I was just joking with the topping out change (hence the smiley face). I do think the building is starting to resemble a round structure though.

Well it is pretty round. What is it? 9 sides? Get up to 8 and more and it's going to look pretty round.

16. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I'd say it is serrated, like a well-cut gemstone.

In that last photo from Doug it looks as round as the 360 at Founders.

Does anyone know who is respondsible for changing the OKC Skyline Cam? It needs to be raised up. The top floors that are being worked on are out of the view of the cam!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Does anyone know who is respondsible for changing the OKC Skyline Cam? It needs to be raised up. The top floors that are being worked on are out of the view of the cam!
    Do you mean move the camera to a higher location in the building or do you mean tilt the camera to look higher up? The camera has remained in the same location. Only the zoom and angle have changed. I don't know who the host is, but I'm not sure if he/she alone would be able to move the camera to a higher floor w/o the cooperation of others.

20. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

The Devon tower is already as tall as the Oklahoma Tower, which the camera is in. Meaning, no matter how high up in the tower we move the camera, we still won't be able to see what they're doing on the top floors of the Devon. To get a good view now we would need to have a camera in the Chase.

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Anyone know if the cranes will raise any higher, or will they go up with the building? How tall are the cranes now?

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Anyone know if the cranes will raise any higher, or will they go up with the building? How tall are the cranes now?
    Just like they have done to this point, the tower cranes will continue to rise as the floors they are working on get too close to the tower crane booms. That pattern will continue until the structure reaches its full height. I am not sure exactly how tall the cranes are at this point.

Here is a shot I got today from the La Luna parking lot. Sorry about the quality it was from my iPhone.

24. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    Just like they have done to this point, the tower cranes will continue to rise as the floors they are working on get too close to the tower crane booms. That pattern will continue until the structure reaches its full height. I am not sure exactly how tall the cranes are at this point.
    So they will be 900+ feet at the end? I didn't know those cranes could go so tall. I thought they might use a kangaroo crane for the higher floors.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    So they will be 900+ feet at the end? I didn't know those cranes could go so tall. I thought they might use a kangaroo crane for the higher floors.
    Yeah, I remember reading on here a while back that the tower cranes would continue to climb and eventually top out around 1000'.

Thread Information