Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

1. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

We're currently tied for 6th in the table.

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

So the finish to last nights game was incredible, the freak out that Leichty had after scoring was so awesome and genuine.

That was a fun one to watch! The team has really improved since the start of the season.

OKC vs Sacramento 10:00 PM on 96.1 KXY and on Youtube #3points

5. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

going to first energy game tonight and I know about the parking lot at the high school and the shuttle from CHK, but has anyone parked on the surrounding neighborhood streets? didn't know if they discouraged it and/or people get tow happy. thanks in advance

6. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    going to first energy game tonight and I know about the parking lot at the high school and the shuttle from CHK, but has anyone parked on the surrounding neighborhood streets? didn't know if they discouraged it and/or people get tow happy. thanks in advance
    A lot of people park in the neighborhood and walk to the game. Most Saturday's my group of friends tailgate at somebodies house and walk over to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    We park in the lot directly south of The Speakeasy. Have a few beers, then walk to the stadium. Less than 5 minutes.

brutal loss last night, outshot them 20-8, Badr was hardly troubled after the first goal but we've got to finish better. to be fair, their keeper played outstanding

Worst time of the season to go on a losing streak. The Energy now find themselves sitting outside of the playoff picture.

Our soon to be rivals in Tulsa are unveiling their logo, colors & uniforms today. We'll see how that goes...

Answers that...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tulsa.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	9080

12. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Is that the Barons logo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo_Oklahoma_City_Barons.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	9082

13. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Wow. That honestly looks like the basis of a trademark infringement lawsuit. Good on them for resurrecting the Roughnecks name though.

If the same ownership group owns both teams, is it still trademark infringement?
    I believe Funk is owner of the Barons & minority owner of the Roughnecks.

FWIW, I do not see those to be nearly as similar as seems to be implied.
    Quite different shield background shapes, all the way around.
    Different derrick design, well, as different as derricks can get and still look like a derrick.
    Different placement and emphasis of derrick in relation to the background design.
    Different colors.
    Different sports.

I think it'd pass muster even without the ownership connections that exist between the two programs.

looks like san Antonio just announced a stadium expansion to move to the MLS (contingent on getting a MLS bid), appears that the MLS ship has sailed for okc unless we get our act together very soon.

NASL looks to be losing another decent city

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    FWIW, I do not see those to be nearly as similar as seems to be implied.
    Quite different shield background shapes, all the way around.
    Pointy bottom with a rounded top
    Different derrick design, well, as different as derricks can get and still look like a derrick.
    Two sets of cross bracing with a horizontal platform
    Different placement and emphasis of derrick in relation to the background design.
    Derrick placement directly above team name
    Different colors.
    Blue and Orange
    Different sports.
    Irrelevant

I think it'd pass muster even without the ownership connections that exist between the two programs.
    Really? You don't see any similarities?
    I don't care about either team, so I'm not saying one is better than the other. It's just lazy, lazy design. In the same state no less.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logocompare.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	9096
    *edited to add comparison picture

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    Really? You don't see any similarities? ...
    Not what I said.
    That noted, I don't have any issue with either existing in its present form.

19. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    If the same ownership group owns both teams, is it still trademark infringement?
    I believe Funk is owner of the Barons & minority owner of the Roughnecks.
    Ah, I guess I hadn't paid that much attention to the ownership of the Tulsa team.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Ah, I guess I hadn't paid that much attention to the ownership of the Tulsa team.
    That is still no reason not to be at least a little more innovative with it, granted doing anything new with team names/logos/colors is a bit of a pain with hundreds of pro teams, thousands of colleges and tens of thousands of high schools in the US alone. Ironically I could see it pissing of Tulsa fans more than OKC fans.

Maybe that's the point, to troll Tulsans lol

Funk Jr.Does not own the Tulsa USL Pro team its own by a Different owner

Energy FC falls to Sacramento 1-0.They have been eliminated from the Playoff Race

The Barons and Roughnecks logos do look similar, although the derrick on Tulsa's logo looks less...clip art-y.

The Barons will most likely be gone soon since they average like 14 people per game, so people won't have to worry about the clashing logos for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The Barons and Roughnecks logos do look similar, although the derrick on Tulsa's logo looks less...clip art-y.

The Barons will most likely be gone soon since they average like 14 people per game, so people won't have to worry about the clashing logos for long.
    You must have seen more recent versions of clip art than I did, the Tulsa one looks more the clip art style I remember seeing many years ago, best guess is Windows 95 era.

Thread Information