Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Every ATM I have used has that issue. Insert card with chip, “take out card”, takes card out, “chip card must remain inserted, don’t take it out”, puts it back in...

It really annoys me, you’d think the machine could tell it was a chip card without having to remove it fjrst.
    Wow, had no idea it was all ATMs that are FUBARed, how completely stupid...

Heard today that the insert/take out/insert for chip cards is probably related to the manufacturer of the ATM, so note which ones make you do that and which don't, and I'll bet there's a pattern for the bad ones...

Looks like they're going to build another OnCue at the Kilpatrick Turnpike and Rt 66 across from the Rt 66 Landing development. Saw an OnCue coming soon sign at that corner the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Looks like they're going to build another OnCue at the Kilpatrick Turnpike and Rt 66 across from the Rt 66 Landing development. Saw an OnCue coming soon sign at that corner the other day.
    That sign has been there for a long time, probably since Rt 66 Landing was first proposed. Been waiting patiently for them to start work, since I currently have to drive across Yukon or travel to Bethany for my OnCue fix. This will be nice to have on the south side of 66 for my morning commutes...

I am becoming increasingly curious about the stall in work on the SW 104th location. Weeds have overgrown where the store area is obviously supposed to be built; a portable potty deployed three weeks ago remains untouched. The city and OnCue must be in a serious donnybrook on this one. Wish someone here had some additional insight; the permit licensing portal for OKC has shown no changes in building permit status for literally weeks if not months now. Surely they can work out something...but at what point does OnCue say "forget it," write off the cost of what they've done so far, and move on to another parcel?

I posted this same concern last month, I drive by here daily.

Yet another reason to love OnCue: If you buy this cup with your soft drink they donate $.50 to local schools.

Each location designates area schools to receive the proceeds.

The building permit for the SW 104 location has finally broken loose from it's logjam, and now lacks only a single step to completion - and that appears to be essentially an administrative review. Betting that the moment the hammer drops on it that site will be buzzing in short order.

Drove by where they're going to build an OnCue at Rt 66 and the Kilpatrick Turnpike, and they're starting to clear the land there.

Site at SW 104 is now busy with activity. Trenches being dug for footings and ground rebar going in ahead of forms for what almost certainly has to be the slab pour. Building area is surrounded by yellow caution tape, and if the actual structure matches that general outline, that place is going to be pretty big! Surprisingly big for that lot size...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Drove by where they're going to build an OnCue at Rt 66 and the Kilpatrick Turnpike, and they're starting to clear the land there.
    The amount of dirt work required for this location is massive! I past this corner everyday and am anxiously waiting for it to come online!

12. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Pulled through the drive through at the one at East 15th and I-35 in Edmond this morning. They had some corporate looking woman posted up next to the cashier asking people to take a quick survey....

1.) Would you have come into the store if this drive through was not available?

2.) Anything additional you'd like to see offered through the drive through?

3.) Do you live within 3-miles of this store?

4.) Can you please point on this map approx. where you live so I can record the grid number.

5.) Here's a free coupon for a drink on your next visit.

I defiantly like the drive throughs and hope they keep them.

Construction for the new kitchen and entryway is well under way at 23rd and Santa Fe:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_113733.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	14765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_113716.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	14764

Still waiting on the NW164th & Portland location to get built. OnCues sure seem to get built slowly.

https://goo.gl/maps/enEQNs3DM4y

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Construction for the new kitchen and entryway is well under way at 23rd and Santa Fe:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_113733.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	14765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_113716.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	14764
    I'm glad this location is getting a kitchen. I am probably at this OnCue more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Pulled through the drive through at the one at East 15th and I-35 in Edmond this morning. They had some corporate looking woman posted up next to the cashier asking people to take a quick survey....

1.) Would you have come into the store if this drive through was not available?

2.) Anything additional you'd like to see offered through the drive through?

3.) Do you live within 3-miles of this store?

4.) Can you please point on this map approx. where you live so I can record the grid number.

5.) Here's a free coupon for a drink on your next visit.

I defiantly like the drive throughs and hope they keep them.
    Number 3 is a very important question. I bet their long-term strategy is to have a location no further than 3 miles from most of the city's population.

29th and Douglas (busy beyond all belief, as you can imagine) has been under renovations, and is receiving a kitchen, as well. This location already makes money hand over fist, due to the machine that is Tinker being right across I-40. Now, it will make even more money. Not sure where it ranks on the totem pole of busiest On-Cue locations, but it should be near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    29th and Douglas (busy beyond all belief, as you can imagine) has been under renovations, and is receiving a kitchen, as well. This location already makes money hand over fist, due to the machine that is Tinker being right across I-40. Now, it will make even more money. Not sure where it ranks on the totem pole of busiest On-Cue locations, but it should be near the top.
    I think it has to be between that one, NW 23rd & Santa Fe, and the Flood/Tecumseh location in Norman for busiest OnCue. NW Expressway & Blackwelder might just top all of them once it opens though, because there are absolutely no gas stations near that location.

That one in Norman is indeed slammed every time I stop or pass by.

Right down the road is one of the decent 7/11's at Robinson and Flood -- a better location -- and it's 1/10th as busy.

Isn't OnCue building another location in Norman??

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Isn't OnCue building another location in Norman??
    I believe so, in the vicinity of SH-9 & US-77 on the south side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yes, northwest corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Heard today that the insert/take out/insert for chip cards is probably related to the manufacturer of the ATM, so note which ones make you do that and which don't, and I'll bet there's a pattern for the bad ones...
    On a related note, I know that at OnCue you can use your phone or smart watch to pay at the register with Apple Pay/Android Pay, and it really speeds up the whole process of bypassing the chip reader. Anyone know if the same technology would ever come to the pump so you don't have to insert your physical credit card? It seems that the tap to pay method would be more secure since its a one-time generated coded handshake between the smart device and the gas pump, versus a skimmer getting your plastic credit card information.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, northwest corner.
    I lived in that area for 10 years and wanted an OnCue but never got one. Now that I'm gone they get one. Lol. Right now I want one near 122nd and MacArthur but I'm sure it'll show up right after I move again. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    On a related note, I know that at OnCue you can use your phone or smart watch to pay at the register with Apple Pay/Android Pay, and it really speeds up the whole process of bypassing the chip reader. Anyone know if the same technology would ever come to the pump so you don't have to insert your physical credit card? It seems that the tap to pay method would be more secure since its a one-time generated coded handshake between the smart device and the gas pump, versus a skimmer getting your plastic credit card information.
    ExxonMobil has offered contactless transactions at the pump since 1997, actually, via their SpeedPass technology... and I believe they're the only major fuel chain in the US to have done so. Speedpass began with an RFID "keytag" that you'd tap on a specific area of the dispenser to authorize a transaction, but unfortunately they're phasing that out and moving to a new smartphone/app based system that interfaces directly with the dispenser control system inside the station to authorize transactions. While the new system does integrate with mobile payment apps like Android/Samsung/Apple Pay, it doesn't use RFID or NFC readers in the pump.

I'm with you though, I wish contactless/NFC payments were an option at more fuel stations... it makes much more sense to me.

Thread Information