Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

1. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi everyone! I've actually been around since 2004 I think, but I'm not sure I ever even posted my introduction. So to those of you who don't know me, I'm Jill, 36, and I live in the Moore area (technically OKC.)

My screen name implies what I used to do- Massage Therapy.

However, I am actually a music teacher. I teach at a private Christian school and also teach private piano lessons.

This has been a great forum and if it's information you want......that's what you get! Of course, this place is a lot of fun too!

Thanks for the PM's, it's great to be back on here!

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey all. I'm David and I'm 17, so I assume I'm the youngster around here. Been born and raised here and love the place. It really gets me when my peers discuss how much it sucks here but they never seem to open their eyes. We have a great future in OKC!

3. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Great to see that attitude Namless. I feel the same way about my friends sometimes, although the tide seems to be changing.

Hello, all. I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. We are a Boeing family that will be relocating to the OKC area in January. We currently reside in southern CA, but I am originally from Long Island, NY and my hubby from Tucson (although he spent 12yrs in Seattle before moving to socal). We have two young boys ages 4 and 2 years of age. I have been to the area once to look around and liked it. We will look to live in Edmond. I am happy to have found this forum because I am very curious about the area we are moving into. It is great to see all that is going on in the downtown area and also in Edmond. I think it will be a great place to raise my boys, although the tornados seriously freak me out!!!

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi there everyone,

My name is Tim. I've lived in Oklahoma City since I was five years old, except for the time I went to college in Texas and, well, I also worked in Texas for three years and now I'm back. I'm early 30s now and here to stay.

Just joined this forum as I really love all that is going on in Oklahoma City. I live near the downtown area so I love to keep up with all the development down here.

I also run a blog about Oklahoma City Restaurants if you're interested in checking that out, and then I have my own personal blog as well.

It's my turn I guess, my name is Belle, I'm 26 years old. My husband was in the military for 8 years, now he is out and working on his Degree. I am also in school fulltime and have a 5 year old daughter. I came across this forum, and I can't believe I've missed it for so long! I'm looking forward to spending some time over the next couple of days reading up around here. I guess I have 4 more posts to make now, so I'll scamper along. Nice to meet everyone.

Hello, I'm Charlie/Curtis. I grew up on the southside and moved to Arkansas in the late 70's. I came back here to take care of my Mother when she developed Alzheimers. Mom died in August. I'm 51 going on 25.

welcome Namless,shadow42, eataroundokc.com, WaterLillyfairy and cfox. Welcome to the board.

Welcome shadow42. As far as tornados go, just living here a while will decrease your fear of tornados. Looking for a house with an inground or aboveground tornado shelter will do so as well. Although they can be bad, unlike hurricanes, they usually affect a small percentage of the population, as opposed to whole cities. And you'll learn that an early warning system and paying attention to the weather will help as well. In fact, you'll know you're a "real Okie" when you go out to your front porch to look at the sky when the sirens sound, as opposed to heading for the shelter. That's a little joke, but as a transplanted Minnesotan, I've now graduated to being one of the porch people. I've lived in a bunch of different places, and this is one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy your time here.

10. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Everyone!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Hello everyone! I just found OKCtalk. I moved from Tulsa a couple of months ago and look forward to learning more about the OKC area.
    Good day!

Hello everyone. I'm Michelle and I'm 26 years old. I'm from a little bitty town in NW Oklahoma, but I moved to OKC after graduating college. I absolutely love it! I've been lurking on the board for a few days now, and I thought it was time I introduce myself. I look forward to posting with everyone!

welcome to the site, lemarie. enjoy!

Been on the board a few months, but I never introduced myself. I'm in the AF at Tinker and I grew up in South Florida. I live in deep deuce, and I'm doing law school at OCU at night. Glad to be here.

15. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

My name is Bill. I am a retired Marine and my family and I now call MWC home! I have lived in Oklahoma a few times before. As a child I briefly lived in Okmulgee and then Kingfisher. I lived in Norman until I graduated from OU. We returned to Oklahoma for the Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity on 29th Street across from Tinker AFB.

16. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by cowzrul View Post
    My name is Bill. I am a retired Marine and my family and I now call MWC home! I have lived in Oklahoma a few times before. As a child I briefly lived in Okmulgee and then Kingfisher. I lived in Norman until I graduated from OU. We returned to Oklahoma for the Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity on 29th Street across from Tinker AFB.
    LMAO...I was wondering about the "cowzrul".

Welcome to the forum!

Smile Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

hello im lacie

18. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi, I am a 30 year old male and I have lived in Oklahoma City for 25 years. I am married and currently work for the City of Oklahoma City. I am interested to hear the opinions of the people on this forum, due to the fact, I technically work for you.

Howdy all!

I'm a Texas native living in the wilds of SW OK. I'm originally from DFW so it's still a culture shock to live in the country. After 4 years I'm growing accustomed to it.

OKC reminds me of my beloved Fort Worth, before it was a Dallas suburb.

Even my kids love Bricktown more than Fort Worth. It's like the best of Texas, in Oklahoma, and it's cleaner.

20. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey all my name is Raymond. Lived here all my life and work the AWACS at Tinker. Also a firefighter here in Choctaw...

Hey, my first posting on this site.

Hello all my name is AJ and i just moved to Midtown. I have lived in the OKC/norman area for most of the last 11 years .. but as my screenname implies i also lived in Boulder for a time.

Like many i think OKC is a great place with great potential .. that we can hopefully reach.

23. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Do you mind telling us which development you're in? Or is it just a house?

Hi, my name is Steve. I moved to the OKC Area (Yukon) in August 2007. I lived in Pennsylvania for 22 years and in New Jersey for 8 years. I am looking for good places to eat. The food is different here than in the northeast, but I found good pizza so it's all good.

So far I really like the area. The people are much nicer and there is less traffic.

25. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Greetings from Edmond!

My name is Paul Stansberry. I live in Edmond, and just found this site. Looking forward to being involved! I'm married with one daughter (8yo) and one on the way!

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM PS3

Thread Information